Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

J.T. vs. Braxton in 2015

CTBuckeye's picture
August 20, 2014 at 7:56pm
14 Comments

I'm obviously getting way ahead of myself, but was wondering what would happen in 2015 when Braxton comes back if J.T. has a monster season this year?  Will there be a competition?  Will Braxton forgo coming back if his draft prospects are good enough and the Buckeyes are left in good hands?

I know this is far too early, but I figured no better place to pose this debate than 11W.

CC's picture

What a great problem to ponder.

+5 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

-1 HS
CTBuckeye's picture

My fault - I searched the topics, but didn't go back far enough!  Sorry, is there anyway to take this down?

"Because we couldn't go for three"

TURD_BUCKET's picture

As long as people are commenting I would leave it up. Not everyone saw the other poll, either. GO BUCKS!

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

+1 HS
HENRYJONESJR's picture

Cheese and Rice - what are you the prior post police.  

+1 HS
IBleedSandG's picture

It'd be an interesting problem to have. I think the majority of the team would be clamoring for Braxton just because of the type of dude he is. Also, Meyer is really fond of Miller. Not saying he doesn't like J.T., but I think he has a lot of respect for the things Brax has had to endure and how hard he plays.

"You pick up the rifle and go as hard as you can possibly go."
-UFM

+2 HS
CTBuckeye's picture

Like you mention - I have to imagine Braxton has earned enough respect from the coaches and his teammates to get the starting job back without question.  Plus no coach would want any "QB controversy" to distract the team.  

I have a strong feeling Miller will step up big this year as a team leader off the field, mentoring the young group of QBs as well as getting even more "mental reps" in this system.

Whatever happens though, I'm still pumped for the season to start finally!

+3 HS
CC's picture

If JT wins it all he will be in 2015.  Not sure where the cutoff is between 0-14 and an NC but there is a point where jt stays.

OSU069's picture

Braxton will be the starter in 2015 if he is completely healthy again. 

+3 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Can we play a down or two, THIS season, before we start all of this NONSENSE?-------please?

CTBuckeye's picture

Just a debate - plus what else would I be doing as productive as posing hypothetical questions about the roster 12 months from now??? (meant to be sarcastic)

-1 HS
Buckeytrips's picture

It is no different than what happened last year with KG. The back up goes in (2,3 14 games) does what they are supposed to do then hand the keys back to BM if/when he is healthy. You don't leave a 2 time B10 POY on the bench. NO WAY.

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Don't play Miller; he's just gonna get hurt for the 5th year in a row (9 if you count high school).

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

-1 HS
npilolli's picture

Just thinking....What is to say they can't play together like Meyer did at UF with Leak and Tebow???

O-H-I-O!!!!

-1 HS