Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Urban Meyer

Sebastian's picture
August 20, 2014 at 12:18pm
16 Comments

Urban Meyer met with Reporters today here are some of his responses

dubjayfootball90's picture

Well, there is a ray of hope, and once the season starts, sun is going to be shining bright!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Meyer said Miller's demeanor better than he expected. Doing well.

This is great to read.  It's got to be unnerving for a competitor like Brax.

+1 HS
Clinger76's picture

You know it's really eating him alive inside!! Staying tough for the team!! True team player! 

Our Honor Defend, I will fight to the end for......O-HI-O!!

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I can see Cardale being utilized in short yardage and goal line situations. Guys is bigger then Tebow and Cam Newton and an absolute load to bring down with 1 yard to go.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
saluki2007's picture

But can he jump pass?

+5 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

The Cardale-Dozer package? I can dig it.

+3 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

A 9-12 month recovery time? Well how does Braxton expect to come back and play next year when spring ball is only 7-8 months away? He has to condition through Spring, Summer, and Fall in order to be back on track for the start of the schedule. 

+1 HS
GoBucks713's picture

You can still work on your cardio with a torn labrum. Plus, He has something to prove. He will work his ass off.

-The Aristocrats!

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

What's the other option here?  Not trying?

+1 HS
irishfury's picture

It was the same injury Drew Brees had in 2005 hurt in January and was back starting in August/Sep never missed a game.  Also same doctor that did Bree is doing Braxton.

+1 HS
GoBucks713's picture

does that make them Eskimo brothers?

-The Aristocrats!

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Honestly, I just have trouble imagining an effective two QB system with two dual threat quarterbacks. Urban is going to have a very difficult decision to make next season if JT tears it up in 2014. 

logamaniac's picture

Nope, the job is JTs to lose now.  If he performs as expected theres no way - NO WAY - that meyer takes it away from him next year for a QB that may or may not still be in the rehab process this time next year

AirForceNUT's picture

I understand your opinion. But I respectfully disagree. If Braxton is ready next year. He is hands down the starter IMO. I don't think anyone can say there is NO WAY the most decorated B1G player in history and one of Ohio States greatest quartbacks ever will not be the quarterback in 2015 because of a redshirt sophomore. Unless JT has a Jameis Winston type season which is possible, just not realistic at all.

+1 HS
AirForceNUT's picture

I would to hear a staff members opinion on this ridiculous hypothetical QB situation for 2015.

whiskeyjuice's picture

Almost a mute point to bring up at this juncture of the year. Lets let the season play out before bringing up topics that may not happen.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes