Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Maybe The Best Ever

Sebastian's picture
August 20, 2014 at 12:09pm
19 Comments
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5qkUnoYqlqPF-hKu6cPJ1lslqzHjHsfoIcDfcnJDImeNDdbQV

Buckeye fans should be optimistic. Apparently Ohio State’s first session following the Miller injury news was the best practice Urban Meyer’s had while coaching the Columbus program.

LealmanBuckeye's picture

Methinks the wagons have officially been circled.

+6 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Nobody circles the wagons like the buffalo bil... oh forget it, they suck

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Squirrel Master's picture

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+4 HS
Defend Youngstown's picture

Over the past 3 years, to some degree I feel that team has gotten comfortable with the fact that Braxton will be able to carry them through. Now that the illusion is gone everyone has a sense that they need to step up. I'm just as excited for the season without Braxton as I was with him. There are too many elite players on this team to always be calling on #5 to bail us out.

+6 HS
Clinger76's picture

I couldn't be more pumped up than I am right now! Does it suck XBrax got injured? yes! But there are 84+/- other guys on the team that are willing and capable of producing, and dammit, they are going to! Bucks all the way to Dallas!!

Our Honor Defend, I will fight to the end for......O-HI-O!!

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I think this team's about to shock the ever loving dog snot out of the college football world.

+6 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

This team NEEDS to.....

+2 HS
Clinger76's picture

.....Win one for the XBraX 

Our Honor Defend, I will fight to the end for......O-HI-O!!

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

.....Win one fifteen for the XBraX 

+1 HS
ab1993's picture

I think losing Brax is similar to losing Craft. Both great players and Buckeye favorites, but the team is better off without them.

Edit: not the best wording, but the team has more of a "team" feel rather than it being focused on one star

Class of '16

+5 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Haha.  I'm going to upvote you before the masses misunderstand and commence the rain-down of DV's upon it. But yeah, not the best wording.

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I'll back you up. With enough upvotes, the masses will just follow. 

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

"They're Sheep!!! Mere Sheep!" -Edward Longshanks

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Byaaaahhh's picture

Feels a lot like losing Shazier.

CinncyBuckFan06's picture

All wording aside, I agree totally!

+1 HS
niblick's picture

just show me a defense that can defend the pass and not give up 400+ yards a game and turn devin gardner and the shitstick at MSU into the 2nd coming of Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.  Until that happens, Braxton vs JT Barrett is a moot point.

+2 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

This is no surprise.  This is a Coach doing exactly that... COACHING.  A bomb was just dropped on his team, and now the coach needs to do some damage control and start picking up the pieces (i.e., the morale) and this is a great first way of doing so... by boosting the confidence of his players by saying it's the best practice the team has had since he's been there.

Now is not the time to press your players... now is the time to pick them up.

+1 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

msu sparty did pretty good last year with a QB that kinda came out of nowhere. The D did the job and the QB progressed as the season went on and it ended pretty well for them.

I think the OSU players want to prove there is more to the team than one guy, even if that guy is/was Braxton.

If sparty can do it, the Buckeyes can do it!!  Seriously, will anyone be surprised when they do?

GO BUCKS!

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

Did MSU return 4/5 starting OL? Break in a new guy after losing their all-world everything QB? Lose arguably one of the top 2-3 RB's in the country?

Point is... to compare last year's MSU team to this year's OSU team is apples-and-asparagus.