Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Tissue soft..

WhySoSerious's picture
August 19, 2014 at 11:24pm
24 Comments

F espn, we lose our starting Qb and they take shot @ the schedule. I know i know, just rubbed me the wrong way.

mr.green's picture

Our sked is fine. One at a time. 

+1 HS
Urbz4President's picture

I think our schedule is a whole of a hell lot stronger than last year. There might be a touch of validity to 2015's schedule, but the only gimme game for 2014 is Kent IMO.

+1 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

I thought this was a very challenging schedule before Braxton went down. I still expect us to win every game. Lets take it one game at a time and see where we stand in the end. 

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Our schedule is 35th going in, WTF they want OSU to do about it?  FSU, the defending champs, is 47th.  MSU, Big Ten/Rose Bowl champs is 55th.   ESPN crew don't like it, they can eat my shorts.

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+10 HS
Rob Reese's picture

...and their f*cking love-child, Alabama, they have the 95th ranked sos.  

+9 HS
OSU725's picture

Wait, are you telling me that there is something else going on in the ESPN world of sports other than Johnny Manziel??? 

+3 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Stop watching ESPN???

+4 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Why?

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Because it sucks?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

I swear I usually don't bash espn, but I rarely hear them bashing anyone else's schedule. Enough is enough.

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+4 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Then stop watching it if it upsets you that much...

jkrk's picture

OSU intentionally weakens schedule of opponents by rushing Braxton Miller back too soon.

+4 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Too soon bro...

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+1 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

ESPN  might as well be called "Under the desk of the SEC" network....who cares what the hell they think.......to borrow a line from the late Al Davis....................."Just win baby"...the rest will take of its self............

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Fuck E$ECPN!

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

-1 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

I would love for the Buckeyes to make them all at ESPN  to eat their words

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

A simple question for all of you who dislike/hate ESPN.  If it is such a bad network, has obvious bias against OSU/B1G, campaigns for/makes excuses for the SEC etc, etc, etc, and watching it makes your blood boil.  Why do you continue to watch it?  I equate that to fingernails on a chalkboard, the chill it gives you, and you listen to the fingernails again, and again, and again, and complain each time about much you hate the noise.  Do you tune in just to validate the bias?  I don't watch it, except to watch a game, hence it doesn't bother me a bit what they say.

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

If it is such a bad network, has obvious bias against OSU/B1G, campaigns for/makes excuses for the SEC etc, etc, etc, and watching it makes your blood boil.

I find it mildly annoying. But it doesn't make my "blood boil."  or "etc, etc., etc."

Why do you continue to watch it?

There's a great big world out there outside of Big Ten Football.  It covers a lot of it, sports-wise.

I equate that to fingernails on a chalkboard, the chill it gives you, and you listen to the fingernails again, and again, and again, and complain each time about much you hate the noise.

Hyperbolic analogy but, this is the Internet where that's to be expected.  I complain that network news often tells lemmings whatand how to think also, but I still tune in for a few minutes each day.

Do you tune in just to validate the bias? 

No.  See above.

I don't watch it, except to watch a game, hence it doesn't bother me a bit what they say.

Words can't express how happy I am for you.

+1 for you and your effort.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

I find it mildly annoying. But it doesn't make my "blood boil." or "etc, etc., etc."

If that is the case, then my post was not directed towards you.  

Rob Reese's picture

+1 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

They are NOTHING MORE than the National Enquirer, of the sports world.  

sox33osu's picture

Florida State played the 62nd ranked schedule last year and won the NC. Ours is somewhere in the low 30s, and 9 of the 12 teams on our schedule were bowl eligible last year, including 3/4 OOC. Very, very few teams can say that.

Do not worry.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It is a fair point considering that the Buckeyes are slated to play only one top 25 team. However, preseason polls are pretty much meaningless, especially in the playoff era into which we've entered. Call me in November to get a fair evaluation of OSU's schedule. As it sits now, it's not terrible, but it's just "meh." It sets up pretty well for the scenario that has unfolded, depending on how the D fares vs. Va. Tech. Barrett could get his confidence level up and feel pretty good heading to Happy Valley, and later East Lansing, and then, who knows? A lot can happen between now and November. So, for now, just let it go.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
tussey's picture

What has been interesting is that I noticed that this year before Braxton got injured ESPN was playing nice and not bashing OSU.  Now that he is injured and out for the season, they have changed their song and dance and have begun to try and discredit us once again.  I will say that B1G guys like Trevor Madich? and Matt Millen have both stayed with their original predictions in saying that the Buckeyes will be just fine.