Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

I stand behind J.T. Barrett 100%

OscarSierraUniform's picture
August 19, 2014 at 9:47am
26 Comments

Now that we know the status of Miller, I am really looking forward to seeing J.T. Barrett get out there and show us what he can do.  I have 100% confidence in this guy.  In the back of my mind the past month, I have been thinking about the fragility of Braxton Miller.  Most of my concern was who will it be backing him up.  Now we know and the plan is being executed.

Here we are.  Eleven days to go and Barrett is stepping in.  If something were going to happen to Miller, I think it's better to have it happen at this point rather than mid-season.  This will give him plenty of time to prepare.  He and Jones have already been working with the first team.  I think he will be ready for the challenge August 30 in Baltimore.

Go Bucks!  And also, excellent job, 11W.

Orangeslash's picture

We know the status of Miller? DID I MISS IT?

+7 HS

We know he's hurt and there's a good chance that he will not play.  I am mentally prepared for Barrett to take the reigns. 

See ball, get ball.

-1 HS
Orangeslash's picture

Far from a status I think.

+3 HS

Alrighty then.

See ball, get ball.

-2 HS
mh277907's picture

I'm taking the over on the number of JT Barrett threads today. Bold move, I know.

buckeyebobcat

+4 HS

Ha.  This is the only one you'll see from me. 

See ball, get ball.

-1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Most stand behind him. I'm just dreading the eventual JT>Braxton threads.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS

True.

See ball, get ball.

mh277907's picture

I'm just dreading the eventual JT>Braxton threads.

That would mean JT is playing well so I'm pretty sure that I would be able to put up with that.

buckeyebobcat

+6 HS
allinosu's picture

Both Braxton and TP went down this path so now it's time for JT.

+1 HS
Denny's picture

"I STAND BEHIND J.T. BARRETT 100%"

Are you a running back

Taquitos.

+16 HS

Hahahahaha......nice.

See ball, get ball.

Killer nuts's picture

In Urban's offense that would be "I stand next to J.T. Barrett"

Or perhaps "I stand behind J.T. Barrett until he claps his hands"

+2 HS
Denny's picture

ONE. HUNDRED. PERCENT.

Taquitos.

+1 HS
braneli's picture

I have faith in Barrett as well. It may be rocky from time to time, and it's not what we all have wanted (or grown to expect throughout this offseason), but it could be a whole lot worse!

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

DannyBeane's picture
Frankly I'm excited to see some Barrett action...
+3 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

JT does have a... "rifle of an arm".

+1 HS
BuckeyenCLT's picture

Next man up.   We need to let this play out.  Let's be patient and make sure JT feels the support.

Brian

+1 HS

Right on, brother.

See ball, get ball.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I'm excited to see what JT Barrett can do, whether it be for a couple of games or the entire season.  If Braxton misses the entire year, I don't know...I wouldn't for sure call it a lost season.  Depends on how comfortable Barrett is with the offense.  Cardale is always a viable option, too, if Barrett struggles - after all, Cardale has basically been the #2 guy until the other day.  But I stand behind whoever takes snaps at QB.

Class of 2010.

edr4225's picture

I stand behind JT Barrett as well 

lets go bucks!!

+1 HS
GoBucks713's picture

Looks like i need to get in the back of my closet to break out my #16 jersey.

-The Aristocrats!

+1 HS

The last time we had a starting QB wear the number "16," we won a National Championship.

See ball, get ball.

+4 HS
Citrus's picture

I am only 97% behind him. 

Buckeye Knight's picture

I'm not sure I want to ask where the other 3% is.

+1 HS
TheAFBuckeye's picture

This is all just wait and see ladies and gents.  Speculation at its finest.  Most buckeye fans will be behind the team no matter which guys are on the field.  I want Braxton on the field but I will also be excited to see what JT can get done.  From other posts, I've seen people talk about him being far ahead of where Braxton and TP were at this point in their careers which is definitely good.  While there are questions on the team i.e. O-line, filling Hyde's shoes and the DBs...  Urban has gone out and filled this team with playmakers.  Let's see what they can do. Let's Go BUCKS!

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!