Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

JT Barrett (Positive Outlook)

0 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture
August 19, 2014 at 7:42am
47 Comments

Before I start I want to say I in no way believe we are better off with JT Barrett at QB... But I don't believe we are hurting that bad either.  Let me explain:

1)  JT Barrett was the #1 rated dual threat QB in his class (according to which site you look at) going into his senior until he tore his ACL.  

2)  DJ wrote this morning that a source close to the OSU program said Barrett is light years ahead of where Pryor and Braxton were at this point in their careers.  He's technically a sophomore so hopefully he's on the level of Braxton and Pryor in their junior seasons. We also have to remember he was an early enrollee too. 

3)  From everything I've read, JT's leadership abilities are up there and he should be able to lead our offense.

4)  He was supposed to be a more polished passer coming in than Braxton and a better read option guy.  I see him running the offense more like Alex Smith did when he was under Urban at Utah.

5)  Last year our offense had to score 40+ to win because of a terrible defense.  This year our defense will be much better and won't rely completely on our offense to win games.  

I could go on and on but you guys get the point.  I don't believe this makes or breaks our season.  Braxton is a dynamic athlete playing QB.  He gives us explosive plays, but I believe Barrett is the better pure QB.  I've been saying for a while, that I think Barrett was going to be the QB to lead us to another title.  The only thing Barrett lacks is experience and he will get plenty of that this year.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments