Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

scUMbag: Jabril Peppers Being Compared To Charles Woodson

Hoody Wayes's picture
August 18, 2014 at 6:36pm
18 Comments
nikolajz1's picture

We compare our recruits with past historical figures too. He's gonna be good.

+8 HS
DWright's picture

We also compare our recruits to Percy Harvin, to be fair.

+7 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Dont click the link folks my  avast(anti-virus)  popped up and said  malware  detected and blocked it

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

BUCKfutter's picture

their 1997 o-line included backus, hutchinson, and two other all big ten linemen. they are still rotating 10 guys this year. even if a guy can shut down half the field on defense, if you have their o-line this year you still aren't scaring anyone.

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

hail2victors9's picture

+1 because this is a very relevant point.  What is so fantastic about this post, is that both Hutch and Backus were RS Freshmen in '97 with no prior starts.  It would be absolutely fitting if two future NFLers emerged this season.  Braden, Cole, Mags, Bosch, (dare I say, Kalis)---I'm looking at you.

Those who stay will be CHAMPIONS!

~Bo Schembechler

airbuckeye's picture

Thanks Groveport i never click on any links untill i have read a few of the post first to see what it is about plus if it is a blog.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

We had a few people on here comparing Damon Webb to Woodson. Hell, I compared him to Nnamdi Asomugha.

I think UM is going to be good this year. I think they'll win 10 games with losses to us and Sparty. Their defense is going to be much better. And Peppers will make an instant impact. 

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

THE's picture

Chuck Woodson (Fremont, Ohio's own Benedict Arnold) was awesome. What help Woodson was that he was the star on one of the most SOLID defenses of the 90s.

Peppers is walking into a much lesser D squad. They're not horrible but I think there are enough holes at this point that Peppers won't impact too much. Maybe as time goes on, they'll shore it up...but for now, Peppers is going to have to make waves returning punts. 

Drivin > Disco > Drivin.
To the people in the bathroom, how's it going in there?

+1 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

If you read MGoBlog he is the second coming of Christ.

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

So was Dontre Wilson on here last August...

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

The Wilson hype was nowhere near what the Peppers hype is.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
Rob Reese's picture

^This^ x100^

Comparing the relatively modest Dontre hype to the Peppers hype, is like comparing the Grand Canyon to a ditch; it's not even in the same stratosphere.   It's so out of control, that they (they being Mgoblue, Mlive, UofM Bleacher Report and other various assortments of garbage) have to generate articles daily downplaying and attempting to control the hype.  

It's gone from nauseating to hilarious.  The poor kid has the weight of the entire troubled UofM program on his shoulders.

+2 HS
hail2victors9's picture

Interesting how Urban and company were hyping the kid up, whereas Hoke, until recently, has tried to downplay Peppers as much as possible.

~Bo Schembechler

-2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

How exactly did Urban hype Wilson up?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

dubjayfootball90's picture

He will be good, no doubt about it. But he will also be 0-4, Mike Hart style...

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

M Man's picture

The linked article was by Angelique Chengelis of the Detroit News.  NOT to be confused with anybody from the Detroit Free Press.  I really like Angelique; she happens to be the best Michigan beat-writer of them all, in addition to being a very nice person.

Did Angelique even type the name of "Charles Woodson"?  Or are you talking about reader-comments on the website?  Because I never even bother to read those, and there's certainly no reason for any of you to read them either.  Most any public newspaper/radio station comments webpage is going to be a mess in the Great Lakes State, what with Little Brother down the road stirring up trouble.

My prediction remains -- and the evidence is beginning to pile up against me -- that Jabrill Peppers will NOT start on defense.  I think the weakside corner job goes to Ray Taylor.  The field corner should be Blake Countess.  My guess is that Jabrill Peppers' much-anticipated debut will be as Michigan's punt returner.

PittBuckeye's picture

Anytime I hear a scum fan call them little brother I remember these chants from last year.

+2 HS
hail2victors9's picture

Angelique is my favorite, too.  I think it's pretty obvious she's Hoke's favorite, as well.  She always gets a smile out of him---and not just that goofy smirk.  He makes it a point to address her by name when responding to questions in press conferences, lol.  I guess respect and professionalism goes a long way.

~Bo Schembechler