Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Leading rusher vs. Navy

DWright's picture
August 18, 2014 at 1:50pm
14 Comments

Who you taking as our leading rusher in game 1? Rod Smith seems to be generating some noise after the latest training camp video.

I think it's a three horse race between

Braxton

Elliott

and Rod Smith.

If I had to choose today I think I'd ride with EzE.

JasonR's picture

Hopefully after taking a 49-0 lead in to halftime, JT Barrett replaces Miller at QB and will be the leading rusher. 

+2 HS
smithwessonBuckeye's picture

I would prefer that B. Miller be last on this list, no need in him taking hits due to his shoulder. I think EzE is going to be brilliant but my gut says R. Smith.

Tater_Schroeder's picture

I'm hoping for a big lead early allowing Curtis Samuel to get a lot of touches and end up with the most yards. 

How Firm Thy Friendship

Earle's picture

Think we are going to see a lot of non-read read option.  #AnyonebutBraxton

Italics are for emphasis.

hetuck's picture

Rod Smith picks up where Hyde left off and no/very few called runs for Braxton. 23 carries for 186 yards, two TDs. 

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I like the way you think.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
DWright's picture

I agree in that I hope Braxton's runs are limited, but the potential for an 80 yard run on a broken play is always going to be there. I'm hoping to see a 100+ yard game from either Rod or Eze followed by another 150+ by committee. I will be very surprised if Curtis Samuel doesn't get some touches.

hetuck's picture

Agree, no called/planned runs. 

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

sharks's picture

Rod Smiff. His style is built to counteract Navy's smaller, quicker first level defenders.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

Vinsaniti's picture

I think it will be Rod Smith, we will see EzE but Rod will get alot of touches especially in the second half with the 1.5's.

ITWASME's picture

C-Sam busts a couple big ones to lead the charge with the fewest rushes but a ton of yards

NashBuckeye's picture

With EZEs injury and Braxton's uncertain situation, this is a great question. i like the arguments for Rod Smith and would love to see him at least be in the mix this year. i pick Rod to be the leader with 130 yds. and at least one other to reach 100, maybe two others.

airbuckeye's picture

I was going to say EzE but forgot about that injury so ill go with  R Smith has well.