Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Flipping Notre Dame Commitments?

Gobucks2204's picture
August 15, 2014 at 7:07pm
22 Comments

Here is the response to the cheating allegations from a couple Notre Dame commitments. Is there anyone we are recruiting that chose Notre Dame over Ohio State? Could it open the door for us to flip anyone? I hate to be happy for someone else's misfortune, but Notre Dame has been arrogant for too long.  The good book says pride comes before a fall.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/college/notredame/recruiting/notr...

TheBadOwl's picture

Shaun Crawford and Elijah Taylor.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
braneli's picture

Perhaps Elijah Taylor will consider flipping to the good guys...

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

I dont think the staff would take Elijah Taylor unless they strike out on all 3 of Beckner, Gallimore and Sweat.

I do think Crawford would get in no matter what, kid would be great with the ball in his hands, he might not have the height but he's tough, not afraid to hit and an outstanding playmaker. Would be perfect in the Hybrid role with Marshall, EGW and Wilson.

Both of them remain in contact with the staff.

+5 HS
Osurrt's picture

Isn't this the same thing that got Everett Golson suspended last year. Where there is smoke.....

+2 HS
WezBuck28's picture

I don't get it...

Osurrt's picture

Wez.....thought Golson was suspended last year for academic misconduct......so how many players and for how long has this been going on.....who else may be involved as this moves forward?

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

They never officially announced it that I recall, but the scuttlebutt was that Golson cheated on a single final. This stuff sounds separate, and much  bigger than a guy copying off of someone's paper.

+2 HS
Adam21's picture

Too late for Jaylon Smith?

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I bet ND fans are thanking God that Smith's name didn't come up. That would destroy their entire season.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Not that it seems even the least bit plausible, but if the NCAA hammers the school a lot of times guys can transfer without sitting out.

+1 HS
luckynutz's picture

Im not so concerned with this years class. But how it resonates with guys like Kraemer and Eichenberg in '16. Two top linemen and Ohio kids who have been said to be leaning towards ND. Thats more of a concern to me than anything.

+6 HS
osu407's picture

I don't really want any of their commits in this class. Gallimore > Taylor, and Crawford is fast and talented but not tall enough. 

+1 HS
sharks's picture

Crawford was mad at OSU for not being proactive enough in recruiting him, IIRC.

I think Barajas was a target, and I know Boykin was too- he committed to ND on 10 star day.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

We are working to speak with some of the commits and ND prospects. Birm is going to have something on it. 

KingsRite's picture

Neutered Lames loss could be The Buckeyes gain.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Here is a list of Notre Dame class of 2015. Would be nice to get our Ohio guys back to the good guys.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/notredame/football/recruiting/commitments/

HeuermanTheFireman's picture

Now we just need Jerome Baker to see that he will win more games his Freshman year at tOSU than is whole career at Florida.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

+4 HS
Humbuck's picture

It looks like ND did the right thing and didn't attempt to cover it up.  The NCAA won't do anything unless they find out there was systematic cheating with administrative knowledge or an attempt to cover up cheating.  So far it looks like a prof turned these guys over and it was 4 players being helped by a couple other students.   Golson's deal was cheating on a test.  It will hurt to lose the 4 players but this won't blow up into some major scandal. 

CALPOPPY's picture

This reminds me of the North Carolina case but you would have had to change your verbiage for that case:

The NCAA won't do anything unless  even if they find out there was systematic cheating with administrative knowledge or an attempt to cover up cheating.  So far it looks like a prof turned these guys over participated and it was more than 4 players being helped by a couple other students faculty and staff.

So, based on the UNC logic, I can't imagine that NCAA will do anything to Notre Dame.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

cinserious's picture

Brian Kelly is a mess! A hot mess!

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.