Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Defending Navy's option offense

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
August 15, 2014 at 12:04pm
20 Comments

I was just curious as to how our defense will perform against Navy's flexbone.  

What are the most important positions on our defense for that game? The defensive line? The Linebackers? Which OSU players will have to perform well to defend it? What players do you expect to get most of the tackles? 

How many passes do they usually throw out of the option? How ready do the defensive backs need to be ready for the pass vs. coming up on run support?  Do the defensive backs need to not cheat up on run support and stay in their back positions at all times due to threat of throwing long?

Lastly, who is going to play instead of Noah Spence, or could they move Adolphus to the outside and bring in say Schutt on the inside? Can our defensive line severely disrupt their offense so we won't need to rely on our linebackers and defensive backs as much?

I know it's a lot of questions. I just have no idea how it will or should play out. Any insights you guys can provide would be great.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments