Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Damon Webb loses Black Stripe

305Buck's picture
August 13, 2014 at 8:34pm
32 Comments

Announced by Coach Meyer on twitter.

Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

Congrats to the young man; I can't wait to see what he is capable of! 

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

+6 HS
Gray Box's picture

Dream '14 is going to be something special:

+3 HS
sox33osu's picture

Damn, next man up. This class is so frickin loaded.

+4 HS
THE's picture

Dame Webb is the man!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+15 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

I love his parents. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Much like EZe. 

+3 HS
buckeyecityterror's picture

Eli fell from a tree?!?

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.

+9 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Well that explains his broken wrist....

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+6 HS
gumtape's picture

Damon Webb >> Jabril Peppers

High and tight boo boo

+19 HS
305Buck's picture

Funny enough at a camp in Michigan last month, Webb shut down Funchess while Funchess routinely made catches over Peppers.

Michigan fans will say "it was just a camp," then forget that they thought Sugar Shane "the camp warrior" was going to be a dominant QB.

+5 HS
sox33osu's picture

Peppers is a beast physically, no doubt about it. However, Webb seems to have the better instincts from what I've seen. I fully expect Webb to have a big year on defense. With Reeves being unsettling thusfar, I like having the CB depth we have (Webb, Lattimore, Apple, Conley right behind him). This way we can rotate guys in vs. the bad teams to keep everyone fresh for the big tests.

+3 HS
THE's picture

Plus, the other 10 guys around Webb are going to be a helluva lot better than the 10 guys on D with Peppers. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Sox and THE (really you couldn't come up with a better name haha) I agree with both of your points. It's been a relatively easy ride so far for Peppers as from the time he choose ttun it's been a wonderful journey for him however things are about to change. I don't know what line hoke fed you to go there but with the amount of pressure you've put on yourself and the entire an base believing your their "savior" on the field, I just waiting until the first lose and the meltdown will ensue.  

Northbrook's picture

I predict great things things from Webb. Hell, I think anybody who has been paying attention to this guy predicts great things for him.

+5 HS
jonping67's picture

I hope to see him on the field a lot this year at corner.

+4 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

What's neat is that it seems like this guy has just been very steady and reliable from the jump. From recruiting his peers to showing out at camps to now showing out at THE camp. Very promising.

+6 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

To whatever jackass punk just downvoted my comment praising Webb, get bent. This will be my last post on this site because of people like you who do stupid shit. Hope you accumulate your HS with a bunch of pointless gifs without actually contributing anything to the discussion in the forum. The internet will continue to be anonymous luckily for you.

+2 HS
BuckSince79's picture

Step away from the mouse....In all seriousness, better to just ignore and move on.  No need to stop posting and contributing b/c of DV's.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

We don't want you to quit like Bassdropper did numerous times

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

No worries, Fly... I have been offsetting every single stupid ass DV with an UV from me. I got your back. But we got a troll on the loose... keep an eye out!!!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

-1 HS
OSUStu's picture

Oh man, that actually cracked me up.  Intentional or not...+1.  

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Here's another pointless gif for you:

Just say no to italics abuse.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Earle - I think you just won this post today - thanks for sharing

teddyballgame's picture

Not surprised...expect big things from Webb in the future

+2 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Webb has been a leader off the field, now he is one on it.

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Webb is our version of Charles Woodson. And no doubt in my mind that he is and will be a better CB then Peppers.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+5 HS
zenshade's picture

Yeah, but will he be better at the other ten positions Michigan fans already have Peppers being an All American at?

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Let's not forget Pepper's is the best play caller in the world

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Webb and Woodson are two very different players. Woodson had ridiculous ball skills and elusiveness, plus he had great top-end speed. I think Webb is more of a pure, shut-down corner. He's a great athlete, but I remember the scouts all saying that he didn't have elite ball skills and he wasn't great in the open field. So he's not the same kind of player Woodson is. Marshon Lattimore's skill set is closer to Woodson IMO.

With that said, I think he could absolutely be as good as Nnamdi Asomugha was in his prime: an elite corner who shuts down the other team's top receiver and completely takes away half of the field. That's more of his game IMO.

Webb is going to be a stud for us. Could happen soon.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS

I'll agree with you that they are two different players just from a size and speed aspect. Damon Webb was a WR his whole life and was still Cass Tech's top WR last year. He just recently started learning the CB position last season and started excelling immediately. I was more going down the he is from a very pro-*ichigan school and grew up in *ichigan thing similar to Woodson growing up in Ohio and coming from a very pro-tOSU area. Any scout saying the kid lacks ball skills is just down right talking jibberish though,kid was a big play TD machine as a WR and developed so good at corner that teams would stay away from his half of the field. I know he wont play both ways and I highly doubt he will ever be on a Heisman ballot but Mr. Webb will be one of the best corners we have seen in some time and he will hail from that shitty state up North.Grand theft Woodson style.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS

Lets not forget *ichigan no longer refers to their defensive alignment as a 3-4 or 4-3...now its Pep-pers or Pepp-ers.

+4 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Awesome news for this young man. Real excited to see what he is capable of in the future. Should be a good one, maybe even a great one. Only time will tell.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS