Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Best Freshmen Year

apack614's picture
August 13, 2014 at 7:26pm
23 Comments

I'm thinking Raekwon comes out and has the best year out of all the freshmen

I'm interested to see who you guys think are going to be the freshmen breakouts..

sox33osu's picture

I tend to agree with you on this one. I think Dixon has a monster year as well. 

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Samuel will have the most impact out of any freshman since MoC, or did Bosa do that last year? I still feel other true freshman will see significant time and  contribute. Kwon and Dixon will get a shot. Webb and Smith will get a crack at  it. Class is filled with some many talented kids it isnt even funny. Then the 13' class that was loaded to the gills was mostly RSed and will have several guys in the 2-deep. Our future is very bright in Columbus,Ohio.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
apack614's picture

Yeah, Samuel was my second choice. Both will be very exciting for the next four years (hopefully). Indeed the future is very bright

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Habu71's picture

Nurenberger - More opportunities. 

+3 HS
Northbrook's picture

Which Habu, snake, aircraft?

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

The aircraft, but the aircraft got it's nickname due because it resembles the snake. 

+1 HS
Northbrook's picture

I've seen both. Can't say I see the resemblance between the two. Okinawa was a good place for sightings of both.

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

People that lived near Kadena and saw it frequently gave it the nickname, due to their belief that there was a resemblence. It just stuck with the pilots and they allowed it to be. I think maybe they just liked how it sounded.

Northbrook's picture

It's usually one of the guys who comes in early but depth and injuries can play a big part. I won't say a kicker because I find it repugnant.

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

I absolutely understand your stance, I am just a fan of every Buckeye, from kicker to scout team player. His opportunities will equate directly to points in many cases, so his impact might be felt differently than other position players. 

+2 HS
Northbrook's picture

You are absolutely right, his impact may be the biggest. I'm going to go take a shower now.

Somebody hit you with a downvote which I counteracted.

+2 HS
Habu71's picture

My apologies for causing those thoughts/feelings that made a shower necessary.

+1 HS
apack614's picture

And for that I give you an upvote my friend

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

Buckeye Knight's picture

I'm thinking Samuel as well. Especially if EzE's wrist problems linger, which I really don't want to happen.

+1 HS
Jbucks's picture

"The Chef" wil be cookin this year!!
(kinda off-topic) but anyone hear anything bout Jaylyn Holmes and if he has a shot a the 2 Deep? hes been someone im excited about

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

BassDropper's picture

I think Raekwon, Johnny, and Curtis will all have a decent freshman season. There will obviously be bumps in the road and they will have their freshman mistakes, but it will pay off in the end. Stats wise this is how I see their seasons going:

Curtis Samuel- 1,575 rushing yards 15 TDs, 815 receiving yards 11 TDs

Johnny Dixon- 74 catches 1018 receiving yards 9 TDs

Raekwon- 115 tackles 9 sacks 6 Interceptions 3 TDs

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
awlinBrutus's picture

I agree on 2/3. I don't think Samuel gets that many carries his first year. If he gets half those stats it still would be a great year for a freshmen. I'm hoping Rod Smith gets Eze's carries the first game. I mean Eze should be back for VaTech than I expect big things from him. Even Coopers teams didn't have this much(deep) talent @ the skill positions. I think our O will be better than last year. O H........

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

BassDropper with mad jokes

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+1 HS
GVerrilli92's picture

I thought it was funny..

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

Jbucks's picture

Damn your ambitious haha

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

-1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I don't care how the stats end up as long as OSU gets to the playoffs and beat a SEC team for the Natty. GO BUCKS!!!!!

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+2 HS