Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

OSU - Hyde and Roby

HENRYJONESJR's picture
August 8, 2014 at 8:21pm
8 Comments

Looked pretty good in their first pre-season game.  Hyde pounded out nearly 40 yards on just five touches, and Roby made some tackles and forced a fumble.  Mr. Pryor did get some good passed off for the Seahawks against Roby, but Terrelle had a chance to  win the game but tossed an INT on the goal line.

Rob Reese's picture

I still feel once the NFL game slows down enough, TP is going to be great.  Too much raw, natural ability to not become one of the game's very good ones.  Was particularly nice to see Hyde rip a few nice carries in the first quarter.  Too bad they shut him down after that.  I know the SF press is glowing and raving about him today.  They love what they see.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Gotta love the Buckeyes representing in the pros. That helps recruiting to OSU too!

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

That reminds me, I read something about Shazier saying that Buckeye fans are turning against him because he was drafted and now playing for the Steelers. I understand that Buckeye players may end up on Pro teams that I may not like, but that has never made me look down or change how I feel about Buckeye players. I have a hard time thinking that our fan base would do that. I have always wanted to see Buckeye players do well in the NFL no matter if they were playing for my Pro team or not. Can somebody help explain why fans change for that reason? Now if an OSU player transferred to *ichigan to play out the rest of their college career, I get that but that's completely a different thing.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
theopulas's picture

i don't like the steelers .....at all.....but i will always want Ryan and every other Buckeye to be great......

Theopulas

+1 HS
FitzBuck's picture

Those weren't Buckeyes.

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS
irishfury's picture

Lets no forget out Boom Herron

OSU069's picture

If QB doesn't wok out for Pryor in the next year or two he should become a tight end. With his incredible combination of size, strength, and speed he would be a terror for DB's or LB's to matchup with assuming he will be able to catch. 

InvertMyVeer's picture

Kurt Coleman with an int for the Vikes tonight too

Football is complicated...