Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

In Progress of Making a Hype Video: NES Tecmo Style

Travis's picture
August 8, 2014 at 1:41pm
31 Comments

So, per request from "Fromthe18" I've decided to make another Ohio State Football Hype Video.

I'm doing things slightly differently though. I'm doing it in Tecmo Style. 

I guess I can post my progress here and eventually I'll give the finished product it's own thread, but for now I'll show you the Tecmo version of Ohio Stadium.

I'll post more screenshots as I progress.

TecmOhio Stadium

11UrbzAndSpices's picture
It looks fantabulous

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

+8 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

This is going to be awesome. 

Buckeyebrowny919's picture

Brrravo

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

Jabba the Hoke's picture

We eagerly await the finished product. The d line is going to look like they picked the play a few times this year.

+2 HS
Travis's picture

The problem is ripping the graphics out of the game. I'm having to do a lot of it on my own, but someone already had the stadium, I just had to edit it.

Also if anyone has any music suggestions? I'm thinking something like Thunderstruck or if it feels more epic, something by Hans Zimmer, but I'm leaning AC/DC.

They need a 2 to tie, a 3 to win it; Sylvester for threeeee... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHH WITH FIVE POINT ONE TO GO!!!

DaytonBuck1980's picture

The only appropriate music selection would be to use the original Tecmo Super Bowl music. 80's gaming music was epic

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

+1 HS
Travis's picture

The introductory sequence is the original music, but for the "highlights" that follow I plan on using something different.

They need a 2 to tie, a 3 to win it; Sylvester for threeeee... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHH WITH FIVE POINT ONE TO GO!!!

Buckeye1996's picture

Definitely Thunderstruck.

Travis's picture
Braxmo

This looks sweet...

+6 HS
lsjSnail's picture

An 8-bit version of Buckeye Swag would be amazing

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Sounds AWESOME honestly! But, how about using this -

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

SGTREDLEG's picture

How about Disturbed "Down with the Sickness"?

SGTREDLEG

Travis's picture
EZE

+3 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I like it. But could you make a real opponent from NCAA instead of the Raiders?

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Travis's picture

It's difficult. Due to the guy's uniform being purely black, whatever I insert has the tendency to look weird. I might change the helmet to purple and call it Northwestern or something.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

lol. that would be cool.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

camodog's picture

I hope you are paying those players for their image and liknesses.

Seriously though, This is awesome. I wish I had a witty gif to attach to this thread.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

He won't need to pay cash b/c there are other benefits involved...

Are these modeled after the guys from Nelson?!?!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
DaytonBuck1980's picture

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

For music, I would go with:

Zlad Vladcik : Elektronik supersonik    

Have a look for yourself:

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

-1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Should have added it before:

Or if you want to go more international:

Yatta: Green Leaves

Or the original Numa Numa IE:

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

GVerrilli92's picture

Whoever downvoted these, do you even laugh?

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

-1 HS
Travis's picture

http://oi58.tinypic.com/1733nk.jpg

^ Bigger Version ^

Ohio Stadium needs more of a Red Out and night game vibe.

my lord... its beautiful.

Urban wants more night games, so why shouldn't this hype video have a complete red out and night time setting?

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I wanna play it!

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

This looks like it's going to be great.

Travis's picture

EZE's last name has been fixed. I knew something looked off about that when I wrote it.

I'm almost to the end of the intro sequence.

Thanks for the tweet by the way!

Travis's picture

The introductory sequence is done.

+1 HS
Travis's picture
Word

Going from the cinematic to the actual highlights.

camodog's picture

Because of this post, I spent 4 hours playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the ol SNES last night. My wife now hates you Travis. LOL

+3 HS
Travis's picture

I got 99 problems and a... you know.

Travis's picture

I've been off for a few days due to my job on my campus, but tonight I've gotten back down to business.

Tomorrow should hopefully be a majorly productive day for me.

Also I need to change scUm's pants to yellow I know.

Field Position