Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Buckeyes in the NFL

PortlandBuckeye45's picture
August 8, 2014 at 11:19am
32 Comments

As you all are aware, The NFL preseason is here!

I know it's alittle early, but did any Buckeyes impress you last night?

I personnally think Terrelle Pryor showed off a lot of his skills last night. I'm really hoping that The Seahawks are going to transform him into the NFL caliber quaterback, i believe he can be.

acBuckeye's picture

El Guapo is going to run for a plethora of yards if he stays healthy.

+9 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

Kudos to you sir on the reference.

"Are gringos falling from the sky?"

*THUD*

"Yes, El Guapo"

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Guapo is going to win a fist full of Houndies this year.

Italics are for emphasis.

+4 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

What's a Houndie?

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Indeed.

Italics are for emphasis.

Although this reminds me that I've been frequenting 11W for at least two years...

GoBucks713's picture

The Houndie is Dead. Long Live the Houndie.

-The Aristocrats!

+3 HS
Prickly_Pete's picture

Glad to see El Guapo show some good stuff.  With Gore getting older, El Guapo could eventually be the featured back if he can stay healthy.

+2 HS
moopdawg's picture

I know that there are some folks out there that met TP and many have negative things to say about him.  I've never met him, but I was there to see him play in the Rose Bowl against Oregon.  He played injured, never looked as though he was complaining, and was the best player on the field that day.  He's a tough and hard working winner.  I believe that if a team is patient and commits to his development, he can be solid QB in the league.  Great interview, by the way (he's come a long a way in this area too).  Thanks for posting.

+4 HS
Nick_Satan's picture

I have one Terrelle Pryor story I can share. My wife and my son were up on campus just walking around like we do once in the spring time and we parked  at the parking garage near where the student union is now.  my son who was i think about 6 at the time had to go to the bathroom so i took him to the next building over not sure what building it was. But he went and as we were walking out in was  walking terrelle pryor.. Pryor came out of his way to come say hi to my son with out being asked my son asked him if he could sign his hat but he didn't have a marker so Terrelle pulled out a piece of his own note books and signed  his name for my son on it.  and gave him a high five.  My son still talks about it he thought that was the coolest thing ever.

I am German so english is not my first language. Even though grammar Nazi's like to point out my mistakes all the time. It makes them feel better about them self.

+8 HS
OSU069's picture

Awesome story!

I think TPeezy2 got caught up with being a celeb sometimes and was a scapegoat for the misguided anger about the Tressel firing. Really, aside from his "everyone kills everyone" speech, I think he's a good guy who has never done anything egregious and your story backs up my perception.

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

Roby (Denver) had a nice forced fumble in a play for run support. 

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
moopdawg's picture

Watching a replay of the Chiefs and Bengals.  The Great Dane Sanzenbacher gets in there and makes plays.  Had a nice TD.

+2 HS
Athens BuckCat's picture

Sanzenbacher is a stud, one of my favorite buckeyes ever

+3 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Boom Herron played well. 

+1 HS
buckskin's picture

Not according to Chris Rainey.

OSUStu's picture

It sounds like Shazier may be out for his first preseason game due to a minor knee injury.  I am pretty disappointed.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture

Ohio State gets them NFL ready:

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Safe to say Carlos Hyde made a good impression...

I could go on, but you get the point...

Our Honor Defend!

+5 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Love El Guapo!  Hey SF!  Give Hyde the damn ball!

ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

'Los straight-up was beastin' last night given his opportunities.  Boom Herron didn't do too bad either.  Sanzenbacher reminded us why we loved him during his days at OSU, Roby had a nice play to help cause a fumble, and TP didn't look too bad ... but it's the preseason.  Let's hope that this is a trend through the rest of the month and the season!  

I believe Philly Brown plays tonight...

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

sox33osu's picture

Preseason is all that matters... just ask Jawja...

irishfury's picture

Yeah Boom looked great for the colts like 70 yards.  Just show's you RBU

Seattle Linga's picture

Seeing how the Seahawks are my second favorite pro team - I hope TP sticks around for awhile. He's so flippin fast it's scary.

BassDropper's picture

Just saw on Sportscenter that Kurt Coleman had an interception. Buckeyes ballin this preseason!

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

It's always awesome when the Buckeye's do well in the NFL and when the announcers say where they are from "The Ohio State University".

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

GVerrilli92's picture

I just wish TP had a chance to start somewhere.

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

BassDropper's picture

Watched the Panthers game on NFL Network this morning and Philly was looking nice. Looks like he has a great shot of making the team, and possibly get a fair amount of PT. Had 3 catches and a huge hit on special teams.

DIRECTIONER