Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

buckeye football talk radio

Toolface4's picture
August 5, 2014 at 12:34pm
19 Comments

Out of towner here (Chicago). What is best Columbus station to here Buckeye football talknradio? Looking to add on to TuneIn radio...

Kindell's picture

I listen to 97.1 the fan.  People will have different opinions, but I have always liked Bobby Carpenter when he is on.

+1 HS
OscarSierraUniform's picture

Agreed.  Bobby Carpenter does an excellent job on-air.  I like when Krenzel is on too.

See ball, get ball.

buckeye4life050233's picture

97.1 the fan with the tune-in-radio app on a phone.  or 1460 am

whiskeyjuice's picture

very cool, didn't know about the app.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

-1 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

From noon to eight, The Fan is the Buckey go-to.

+3 HS
Nick_Satan's picture

You really only have  2  a few options 95.5 the game in the morning has a local show and 97.1 the fan is what i would go with. Some fans Don't like some of the guys style but hey its buckeye radio.  But i would try the 97.1 the fan website and see what you find. 

Toolface4's picture

Thanks. Listening to the fan now and so far so good, now if only they talked Bears instead of Browns...

jeremytwoface's picture

One of the personalities (Common Man) on their 3:00pm to 6:00pm show is from Chicago so they work in a little Bears talk every once in a while.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Plus, Rothman is a Bears guy.

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Beau is a Bears guy, Rothman Vikings

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

The Rill Dill's picture

Got me!  I was just thinking about him being from the Chicago area, and the Bears clicked for some reason.  Thanks!

Seattle Linga's picture

I also like 97.1 for the pre and post game wrap up.

+2 HS
VarsityClubMD's picture

For my $$ I really, really like 97.1 and I appreciate them all the more now that I am out of the immediate broadcast listening area and am subjected to Pittsburgh sports talk in the car.  From Noon-6:00 I am locked in via laptop or phone app.  At 6:00 I love Bobby but really don't like Tim Hall at all so I kinda tune out then.  Needless to say, though, game day coverage is impossible to beat and M-F during the season is prime radio. I just wish they had local programming in the morning.  Not a fan of the ESPN shows.

Dot this

+1 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

95.5 is the other sports radio station here, idk if they have an app but I think they do. They're okay, Arch that used to be on 96.3 and Matt Finkes. But they're CBS I think, so Gottlieb and Jim Rome are also there. But Arch and Finkes talk local stuff.

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

jeremytwoface's picture

I'm not sure Archie is still there....

The last few times I've listened he wasn't on the show. Unless he's just out for an extended period or something.

RubixTube's picture

I saw on Twitter (7/6) that Arch is playing "Mr. Mom" for the summer & will return to 95.5 in September.

Never before in the history of man have lives less lived been more chronicled. - Dennis Miller

jeremytwoface's picture

Ah gotcha... Thanks.

bucks4nuts's picture

For it being Buckeye camp.. 97.1 is doing a sub par job

"To The House"