Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

OT: Charlie Strong doing some cool things... (SIAP)

SwagstonMiller's picture
August 4, 2014 at 3:31pm
9 Comments
Texasbucksfan's picture

This isn't anything really new.  Bill Parcels did that when he was hired to be Cowboys coach years ago.  Rookies and new players had to earn the star.   With that said, Charlie is doing some good things at UT, instilling some discipline in this program.   Mack Brown created a coddled environment where entitlement was the norm enabling a team of whiners and cry babies.   Charlie is cracking the whip.

PittBuckeye's picture

It isn't new, but how effective it is seems more important than how revolutionary it is.

From my standpoint if while I was in college (I played soccer not football) my coach would have stripped the schools name from our jerseys and made us earn it I have to think I'd bust it to earn that as soon as I could. I went there wanting to wear that schools name and represent it. I'd imagine these kids have bought in to wanting to represent UT, and they probably want it bad.

Groveport Heisman's picture

He is starting over from scratch. Might take a little bit longer to get up to full speed but when he does look out.Strong is a very good coach and will turn Texas  into one of the toughest teams out there year after year with the talent he has at his disposal. 

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

This isn't revolutionary, but he is making radical moves as their coach.  These moves will either make him look like a genius or an idiot.  I'm looking forward to seeing if he is viewed as the former or the latter

Go Bucks!

Groveport Heisman's picture

I don't think Charlie Strong will ever be viewed as a idiot by anyone ever.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

I agree, but the UT football fans who I know are extremists.  

Go Bucks!

PittBuckeye's picture
Maybe by this guy, but then again he might have the highest IQ in the world so we're all idiots to him.
+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Looks like Strong is making some overdue changes, all for the better when cleaning up a program as big as Texas.

hit_the_couch's picture

A number of schools do something of this nature. I just hope he turns the 'Horns around. \m/

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!