Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Aaron Pettrey delivers for Cleveland Gladiators (AFL)

baker.buckeye's picture
August 3, 2014 at 10:31am
11 Comments
JOhio1560's picture

Congrats to Pettrey and the Gladiators!  I haven't followed the AFL this year and did not know they were doing so well.  

It's funny that you just posted about Aaron Pettrey.  I just listed him in the "Favorites From The Past" forum about a half an hour ago.

I'm not finished!  Before we let you leave, your commander must cross that field, present himself before this army, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse.

+1 HS
pcuzz1's picture

I was at the game. My buddies didn't have faith, but I told them a buckeye wouldn't miss it. The place was going nuts after he split the uprights 

pat cozzens

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Ironically I caught the game on tape delay and didn't look at the score on line - Have been following the Glads all year. It looked like a full house especially in the lower bowl. Posts are only 9 yards wide and they've raised the cross bar to make it more difficult. Pettrey was nails when it counted. 

Surprised to see that Austin had 5 picks, this may motivate him for the next round. We've beaten Philly all three times this year by a total of 5 points.

Nice post Baker - I thought I was the only one following the Glads

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

Seattle, have you been to an Arena game? Spokane, if you currently live in Seattle?

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

No I haven't been yet, it will be on my itinerary next year.  I think we won that game on a last second Hail Mary (seems like this team is the old Kardiac Kids of the Arena League). I was in Portland over 4th of July and when I first looked at the Glads schedule I thought they were playing in P-land but then found out that the game was in Cleveland. So I watched it on local TV that night. Loved the results! 

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

Oh ok. They are definitely worth trying out, especially for those that love sports. I used to work for an AFL team, so I got to go to my fair share of AFL games.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Years ago when I was the sales director for a hockey team in Texas I had a guy leave to work for Iowa Barnstormers 

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

That's awesome. I got to work for the Arizona Rattlers and got to hold the Arena Bowl Trophy. Unfortunately, it took them over a year for them to listen to me to go after Quinn Pitcock.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Pretty awesome hoisting the trophy - their playoff game is on TV right now CBS Sports Network.

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

Not here it's not. Just ESPN 3 for me. Unfortunate, as I would obviously much rather watch it on tv than the computer...

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

45 - 41 Rattlers with 6 to go - ESPN 3 sometimes lags and it can be frustrating