Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Aaron Pettrey delivers for Cleveland Gladiators (AFL)

baker.buckeye's picture
August 3, 2014 at 10:31am
11 Comments
JOhio1560's picture

Congrats to Pettrey and the Gladiators!  I haven't followed the AFL this year and did not know they were doing so well.  

It's funny that you just posted about Aaron Pettrey.  I just listed him in the "Favorites From The Past" forum about a half an hour ago.

"You Win With People" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
pcuzz1's picture

I was at the game. My buddies didn't have faith, but I told them a buckeye wouldn't miss it. The place was going nuts after he split the uprights 

pat cozzens

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Ironically I caught the game on tape delay and didn't look at the score on line - Have been following the Glads all year. It looked like a full house especially in the lower bowl. Posts are only 9 yards wide and they've raised the cross bar to make it more difficult. Pettrey was nails when it counted. 

Surprised to see that Austin had 5 picks, this may motivate him for the next round. We've beaten Philly all three times this year by a total of 5 points.

Nice post Baker - I thought I was the only one following the Glads

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

Seattle, have you been to an Arena game? Spokane, if you currently live in Seattle?

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

No I haven't been yet, it will be on my itinerary next year.  I think we won that game on a last second Hail Mary (seems like this team is the old Kardiac Kids of the Arena League). I was in Portland over 4th of July and when I first looked at the Glads schedule I thought they were playing in P-land but then found out that the game was in Cleveland. So I watched it on local TV that night. Loved the results! 

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

Oh ok. They are definitely worth trying out, especially for those that love sports. I used to work for an AFL team, so I got to go to my fair share of AFL games.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Years ago when I was the sales director for a hockey team in Texas I had a guy leave to work for Iowa Barnstormers 

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

That's awesome. I got to work for the Arizona Rattlers and got to hold the Arena Bowl Trophy. Unfortunately, it took them over a year for them to listen to me to go after Quinn Pitcock.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Pretty awesome hoisting the trophy - their playoff game is on TV right now CBS Sports Network.

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

Not here it's not. Just ESPN 3 for me. Unfortunate, as I would obviously much rather watch it on tv than the computer...

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

45 - 41 Rattlers with 6 to go - ESPN 3 sometimes lags and it can be frustrating