Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Ted Ginn

buckeyebfd's picture
August 2, 2014 at 5:22pm
24 Comments

Was bored today,  so I was watching some videos on YouTube and came across this Ginn video. I forgot how silly he made people look at times.  I love all the deep balls and he's 5+ yards in front of the person covering him

Wasn't it against MSU that he scored on a run, pass and punt return?

Byaaaahhh's picture

Turning on the jets at 3:53... reminds me of the last scene in the Incredibles when Dash was just trying to make winning believable.

+4 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Dude was amazing.  I recall one season -- I believe it to be his junior year -- he had touched the ball only 7 or 8 times up to one particular point, yet had already scored like 4 TD's.

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+1 HS
beamga's picture

Seeing Ted Ginn return that punt in the first UM game I ever attended was one of the top 2 greatest Buckeye football moments I've witnessed live. Troy Smith running around like a mad man against Penn St. before finding Brian Robiskie in the end zone is up there as well. 

+3 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Here's Dontre Wilson's freshman highlights, and Ezekiel Elliott's that will get you pumped up too. Here's to hoping they write their own legacy at OSU. Not sure where they rank speed wise with Ginn, but I think they will both be fun to watch.  Ginn was such a long strider and natural sprinter. It will be hard to find anyone like him again. Joey Galloway's speed is the only one I can think of that matches Ginn's speed. Would have been cool to see them run against each other in both their primes and see who would win.

Dontre Wilson highlights www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTuSKUKBNq8

Ezekiel Elliott's highlights www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yxrvw0bv4w

+1 HS
TheAFBuckeye's picture

Loved watching Ted Ginn but can't wait to see these guys in action this year!

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

+1 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

This is what happened when SEC speed was in the Big Ten in the Mid 2000's. The poor schools had no idea what to do.

+1 HS
Liening's picture

Wow.  Just wow.  I remember him as really fast, but had forgotten how shifty he was.  So many times he looks hopelessly blocked in, and somehow wriggles out of it.  Thanks for posting that.  It was the best part of my day!

GLiening

+3 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

i was there for that punt return against michigan.... one of my favorite memories. i remember thinking he was swamped, and he shitted on em. punter took a perfect angle too and just got dusted lmao.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

Silver Bullet 10's picture

The only player who has come close to Ted Ginn speed is Roby. Absolute speed freak on defense. 

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

The thing with speed is that it only works if you have great field of vision, and can accelerate out of cuts quickly. I think that is how Ginn had separated himself from others. There have been a lot of fast players that have come through OSU, but without the quick cuts and knowing instantly when and where you should "juke left" vs "juking right", etc, then your speed doesn't mean a whole lot.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Dirty419Boy's picture

The man was just on another level compared to every one else on the field.

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Here is Ted Ginn with a punt return and kick return in the same game for 49ers. Awesome.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG5MNxmAHxA

+2 HS
stubbzzz's picture

Here is Ted Ginn with back to back 100 yd kick returns in the same game against the Jets.  First time for that in the history of the NFL, IIRC.  his cleats were displayed in the NFL Hall of Fame for awhile because of it.  It would be cool if they're still there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8R3fgzpas0

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Wow. Forgot about that one. I could watch Ted Ginn's highlights all day. He would flourish in Urban's offense. Though I did like Tressel's shot-Ginn formation.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I love me some Ginn - he's a highlight reel waiting to happen every time he touches the ball.

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

He was so fun to watch. I'd love to have seen him in the offense they're running now. That would have been insane.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Just imagine Ginn, Samuel and Wilson - Ouch!!

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Its funny you say that, I spent all day watching Ted Ginn Jr highlights on Youtube. One thing I found kinda funny is that, on every big-gainer he ever had, the defense stopped pursuing at the 20 like it was a foregone conclusion they weren't going to touch him. Also, here's an obscure find I discovered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n301yDTY3dk

+1 HS
stubbzzz's picture

I'm with you man.  Ted Ginn Jr Youtube videos are my favorite pastime.  

+1 HS
kevdale86's picture

How did we survive before HD???

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

I especially like this one from last year's preseason when he did the "video game-esqe taunt" at the end. I feel like when you have world class speed, you are entitled to do it.

+2 HS
robb1379's picture

I kind of feel sorry for our own #50 in the ND game highlight. Poor guy is running as fast as he can just trying to get down field to block and Ginn blows past him like he's standing still. There's never any love for the fat man in this world. Way to hustle #50!!!

Seattle Linga's picture

I loved it when Teddy had 10 yards on the ND defender on our first score in the first quarter.

+2 HS
JLBNYC's picture

Wasn't it against MSU that he scored on a run, pass and punt return?

Yes- its at the 1:25 mark in the video that you posted.

+1 HS