Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Bosa > Nkemdiche

Ohio State Ombre's picture
July 31, 2014 at 10:11am
28 Comments

ESPN is doing a CFB ranking of all the players according to their possible impact this coming season, releasing more each day. Well, there was an interesting tidbit in today's release. Robert Nkemdiche, the #1 overall recruit from last year who is a DE, was ranked #35 overall. Guess who checked in one notch above him at #34? Our very own Bosa the Beast. Amazing how recruiting rankings change after one unbelievable year!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11228012/#cfbrank-40-31-c...

Seattle Linga's picture

None of us had any doubts - he's one of the most exciting defensive players in college football.

+4 HS
Buckeye06's picture

Bosa was a beast last year, but it isn't like he wasn't a stud recruit himself (fringe 5*).  I'm happy he is getting some recognition for it of course and hopefully we can tear it up with basically 3 of the top 50 players in college football on our D-line...

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

That's true, but if you would have asked most recruiting "guru's" they would have told you that Nkemdiche was on another level than Bosa. So it is a big turn around, but an obviously deserved one.

+1 HS
Buckeye414's picture

Chalk this one up to good coaching aka #VrabelEffect which is only to be surpassed by the Johnson this year.  Moreover, Robert played a lot of roles including RB for Ole Miss and should be moving inside to play DT this year.

This is why you pay good money for assistants and why Michigan is a concern for recruits right now.

-Go Bucks!

+1 HS
thunderhawks51's picture

As a high school coach, I've seen a lot of players. When watching his high school highlights, you could see he was college ready. I coached on a team that played against Michael Bennett's Elks. I thought he was the most dominant high school lineman I had seen, until I saw Bosa's tape. 

+1 HS
Buckeye414's picture

It was the classic Rage against the Machine that really said 13 1/2 back field tackles to me

-Go Bucks!

+2 HS
thunderhawks51's picture

And keep in mind this isn't against scrub teams. They play some of the top teams in the nation at St. Thomas Aquinas. 

DCBucki's picture

Just wait until you see his brother Nick, who was a BEAST as a SOPH!! 6'3" and 250lbs... had 14 SAC's last year, which is a new school record!!

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+2 HS
thunderhawks51's picture

At the OSU coaching clinic they let us watch a practice. Standing on the field next to Urban was what looked like, judging by his size and stature, an alum of the program in street clothes. I came to find out later that he wasn't an alum... the man-child was Nick Bosa. 

DJ Byrnes's picture

I remember seeing Bosa at 2012's Friday Night Lights and thinking "My God that dude could strangle an ox."

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

buckguyfan1's picture
+29 HS
BuckeyeinSavannah's picture
+2 HS
KansasBuckeye's picture

I really want to upvote this.  So close, yet so far...

+10 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

How many HS's required do UV's and DV's?

+7 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

Wow, so close then. Thanks. I'd UV you for the help, if I could haha ;D

+2 HS
bedheadjc's picture

There's a story idea DJ: weird shit buck fans would pay to see.

'Cause I'd pay $15 to see Joey Bosa attempt to strangle an ox. Bloodsport.

+3 HS
GoBucks713's picture
+4 HS
AJBor41's picture

I recall seeing someone, around that time, from 11W tweet or type that they thought he was John Simon upon first glance.

JasonR's picture

3 of the 4 DL starters in the top 100. I cant wait to see them wreck offenses this year!

+3 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

And the other starter is a 5* recruit with a chip on his shoulder after an injury plagued season.

+3 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

This shows you the validity of the ranking and star system.   

PittBuckeye's picture

Everyone knows those systems barely qualify as educated guesses. These are high school kids playing against other high school kids, you can never tell how they're going to do playing against college seniors a year later in a completely different system. 

sox33osu's picture

The 2015 NFL draft is loaded with DE prospects. If Bosa was eligible, I have no doubt he would be the top one chosen. He has a legit chance to be the #1 pick in 2016.

+1 HS
Ohiothomas1's picture

Pretty ballsy of ESPN to rank Bosa ahead of Nkemdiche. Good for them

+3 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

They probably assume that only people who pay attention to college football look at those rankings, and anyone who watched them both play would know they were totally full of it otherwise. They won't be advertising this on SportsCenter.

+1 HS