Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Are OSU practices open to the public?

bucknut24's picture
July 29, 2014 at 6:09pm
8 Comments

Are any of the practices open to the public?

Northbrook's picture

Usually there are some but I don't recall it being advertised as such. I think it is usually made known to the Press and people associated with the program and friends.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I don't know how they are ran now, but I used to watch them practice in the mid to late 90's when I was going to school there. I would take breaks/lunch and had enough time to kill that I would go over to where the Bucks were practicing (don't recall which field it was and I think they have changed a bit since then). There was only a chain link fence between my and the team. I never tried to cross/pass by the fence as I didn't really need to. I was close enough to hear and see everything that was going on. With that said, I think there are a number of practices that are open to the public and a decent amount that is closed to the public. For more info, you would probably have to contact the athletics department.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

KBonay's picture

I would suggest, if you do go, not to wear any shade of blue.....

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I double dog dare you to wear blue.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Seattle Linga's picture

If you wear Blue - You will be politely asked to leave by Kwon and Lattimore

UrbzRenewal's picture

A few practices are open to the press, but not general fans.

Fly Patterns's picture

Fall camp check in is sunday, right? Sure hope we get some photos from the staff like last year. I remember that fisherman's hat RDS wore that was super bad ass. Like, I don't give a damn what you think of my hat, I am Ryan Damn Shazier.

Fly Patterns's picture

Here's that hat. I loved that shot. Dude brought his animal crackers. http://www.thebuckeyebattlecry.com/2013/08/picture-pages-ohio-state-2013...