Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Help with seating for scUM game

AngelHeartsBuckeyes's picture
July 29, 2014 at 2:28pm
16 Comments

I want to take my daughter to her first *ichigan game this year. It was a recent decision and I am looking a tickets now. I have read that all section D tickets are obstructed view due to the press box; however all the photos I am finding online do not show what the actual view looks like. The tickets I am looking at are in section 19D row 4. Anyone have any first hand experience in this section and/or any insight into what the actual view may be?

RubixTube's picture

I have no knowledge of the view from D deck other than to say it's higher up than C.  Looking @ stubhub, the cost difference between 2 on C deck and 2 on D deck is negligible (about $60).  Spend the extra scratch, get the better seats.

2 most important rules of successful businessmen:
1. Never share everything you know....

+2 HS
Killer nuts's picture

I want to live in a world where $60 is negligible

+1 HS
Woodysghost's picture

I agree with Rubrix. If the difference between D and C deck is only 60 bucks right now I'd just spend the extra and move down a level, absolutely worth it. 

CincyBuckeye04's picture

Try this link out. I've used this before and it works great. I already have it calibrated for really close to the seats you mention. Either way, awesome that you are taking your daughter to her first GAME. Looking forward to the day I can do the same!

http://ohiostatefb.io-media.com/#vr/Section/19D/3/24/d

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

So if you're in row 10, there's a chance you can only see half the field at once...

This view looks fantastic on the website, but I don't see any obstruction and that makes me nervous.

Buckeye born and bred. Buckeye til I'm dead.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I sat in D Deck one time.  There are posts coming down from the press box that will likely obstruct your view.

Class of 2010.

MotownBuck's picture

Thanks for posting this question. I was also curious. Was looking at ticket to take my son to a game this season. Is Stubhub the best way to purchase tickets online?

Trotwood-Madison. Once a Ram, Always a Ram.

RubixTube's picture

I can't say stubhub is the best when it comes to buying tickets, just the first name that I generally think of.  I'm fortunate enough to score faculty/staff season tix (thanks mom!) for now so I rarely find myself in the secondary market.

I believe other people have posted SeatGeek.com in other threads regarding tickets & finding them.

2 most important rules of successful businessmen:
1. Never share everything you know....

BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Yeah, seatgeek and tiqiq seem similar. They offer more site comparisons than stubhub. 

BrutusBuckey3's picture

If you want to sell any of those faculty tix lemme know

MotownBuck's picture

Thanks!

Trotwood-Madison. Once a Ram, Always a Ram.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I'm going to have to spend the extra money. But honestly, is there any better way to spend it?

I'll probably be back with some more questions as the game gets closer. Been almost 20 years since I've been to a game. Any thoughts on the Varsity Inn? It was the closest place to the stadium I could find.

mr.green's picture

In my experience, the obstructed views limit view of the scoreboard and far endzone. I sat next to the press box once and missed none of the field action. bring binoculars.

My advice: buying tickets before m*chigan's second loss of the season will cost you more than you need to pay. 

I was wondering if I should wait until after the season starts. Sounds like a good plan. Appy State is coming to town after all....

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Make sure she knows to sing along with "Don't give a damn"

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes