Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

What players or story lines are you most looking forward to this season?

Gobucks2204's picture
July 28, 2014 at 8:18pm
23 Comments

Watching Urban Meyer during the Big Ten presser got me more excited for the upcoming season. What players are you guys looking forward to seeing the most? Is there a particular storyline that you are anxious to follow?

I am looking forward to seeing how our defensive backs cover in press coverage. I am interested in seeing how Ezekiel Elliot does as the starting running back and I also want to see Dontre Wilson have a breakout year.  There are tons more things to be excited about like how Joey Bosa will follow his standout Freshman year. Will Curtis Grant step up and have a great Senior year as the starting linebacker? How will our offensive line gel and progress?

What are you guys looking forward to the most in the upcoming season? Thanks guys. Really appreciate everyone's insight.

Northbrook's picture

I'm looking forward to seeing how the RB situation shakes out and where we stand with that as the B1G conference games start.

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Will Braxton distribute and get the ball out to play makers.

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Amen to that.

I miss El Guapo, but it's time for the spread to click. Too many weapons...not to mention minimizing the contact Brax will receive.

Ready to see this offense find a new gear.

Hate Week runneth over

+1 HS
HYDEYOKIDS's picture

BOSA...that is all

+1 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

Jalin Marhsall. Think he emerges as a playmaker and we won't be able to keep him off the field.

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

E-Z-E and his rise to super stardom.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Amen to that GH - short sweet and to the point.

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

I want to see how the tight ends do this year. They could be a really good weapon.

+2 HS
512buckeye's picture

Watching Dontre Wilson have a breakout season as he gets more touches. Let the player play.

Let's party, Columbus.

+2 HS
Northbrook's picture

Will the D really improve this year? I like what I'm hearing about DL rotation but have some recent concerns about depth. Will the LB and DB play really be improved. Simplifying the pass D schemes should help but will it be enough? Is the talent there to make it work? Keeping the DL fresher should help the LBers but there must be recognition and reaction strides made also, and they must get off blocks better.

How will the O fare numbers wise vs last year. We know the idea is to utilize more weapons. Will we be able to do that? Has Brax improved enough as a QB? Will the OL play be sufficient to execute our plans?

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

I want to see Devin Smith improve his route running so he is not just a straight line deep threat. It will be fun to see which wide receivers step up. I want Michael Thomas to emerge as a goto threat as well.

+1 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I'm looking forward to watching our defensive line. What a group!

With all the weapons on offense, it feels like there won't be enough plays to utilize them all effectively! Good problem to have!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+2 HS
bucks15's picture

Who emerges at receiver outside of Wilson?  It'll be interesting to see who gets the majority of snaps come Big Ten play with the likes of D. Smith, C. Smith, Marshall, Thomas, Green, Dixon, and Spencer.    

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Will other running backs be in the rotation? Who will get carries besides Eze? Brionte Dunn? Will Rod Smith get any carries?

Seattle Linga's picture

The restructuring of our defense back 7 with Ash's schemes and Johnson's ability to get the most out of the D-line - especially with Bosa and company. 

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Excited to see how Vonn Bell emerges at safety. Hopefully seeing the Linebacker unit make major strides as well.

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

One more. Will Braxton stay healthy? Will he pass more and run less? It will be fun watching him chase more Ohio State records, and maybe even the Heisman trophy.  As much as I want him to pass more, and be more consistent, I still love watching him run!

+1 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

Looking forward to see which freshman get to see substantial playing time. Too much talent in that class for there not to be huge contributions from the likes of Kwon, Samuel, Lattimore, Smith, etc...

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Like everyone else I want to see a dominant defensive line and how it can truly impact the game. I remember when big daddy Dan Wilkinson played, and could impact the game by himself. Then the lines with players like Finkes and Fickell and Vrabel were awesome as well.  It will be fun to see how it all pans out. As much as I'd like to see more stunts and blitzing, sometimes we don't even have to blitz if the D line is really getting penetration.

whiskeyjuice's picture

I'm looking forward to the story line of the first team (Buckeyes of course) to go undefeated during the first season that NCAA football went to final four tournament style and how the whole team grew and played as one.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

That would be a great story. Remember how good we felt after beating Miami in 2002. Imagine the excitement of going undefeated, being invited to the playoffs and winning it all. How glorious that would be!

OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

Darryl Baldwin.

Fifth year senior who stuck with the program despite not seeing too much playing time and flipping to the offensive side of the ball where he is more than likely going to start. Going to be a great story

+2 HS
woodi19's picture

Can Braxton Miller consistently throw the football? And can this team break through and win a big game..

+1 HS