Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Can someone explain why this seat is labeled obstructed view

danderson05's picture
July 27, 2014 at 7:17pm
26 Comments

It's 14c row 8 seat 11... I'm looking at tickets and says this seat has an obstructed view, I'm not too sure what would be wrong with it, thanks for the help!

BuckeyeLaw's picture

It is probably under an overhang AND behind a support pole. I would find another seat, that one will not be enjoyable.

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

You prolly can't see the punts or the kickoffs very well if this is the case. You can always call the ticket office.

edr4225's picture

hmm, not sure

lets go bucks!!

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Seems pretty obvious to me, almost half the end zone is not visible.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

mh277907's picture

Man, I miss the grass field.

buckeyebobcat

jeremytwoface's picture

This picture is definitely not row 8...

I'm assuming that the obstruction comes from the rails where the entrance to the section is. 

I remember I got tickets to a basketball game one year that said that and all I had to do is just sit up straighter.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

So what you are telling us is that you have bad posture.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture
So this cat wouldn't be able to see anything from that seat?
jeremytwoface's picture

So what you are telling us is that you have bad posture.

Affirmative.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

danderson05's picture

Okay thank you! Yeah the seat would be right next to where the entrance is.. So if it's just a railing should the view be alright?

toad1204's picture

Buck I Guy's ego is probably seated in front of you?

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+18 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Ouch Toad - I like it!!

+2 HS
Habu71's picture

I like it as well. 

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I know in B deck there are support columns which affect visibility a little bit, but I don't know if any in C deck.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+1 HS
Codeezy's picture

Maybe Diesel bought the seat in front of you. 

+3 HS
beamga's picture

That can't be a real photo, the Reds are beating the Cardinals in that picture. Spoken as a Reds fan btw (._. )

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

14C Row 8 Seat 11 was a dangerous place to be sitting when Bauserman was on the field. The obstructed view came from having an eye swell shut after being struck by a football. Can someone post a Bauserman passing chart?

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+4 HS
bethmowins's picture

I got you. This was not at the 'Shoe though.

+1 HS
danderson05's picture

The only thing I see is that tunnel where people can come in at 

whiskeyjuice's picture

If it says obstructed, move on. IMO, I don't care if the obstruction is missing high punts, I want to see everything.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

AeroBuckeye2001's picture

I sat in 14C for two years, there's nothing obstructing the view. However, I do believe row 8 is about where you exit the tunnel. It's not an obstruction per se, but there may be a railing in front of you.

The Ohio State University Class of 2001
BS Aero & Astronautical Engineering

NatiBuck's picture

If this is the case than this is an amazing seat! You can put your feet up on the railings, no one is in front of you to block your view, you can lean foreward and rest your arms over it! If I wasn't in the student section I would love that seat

TopDog's picture

I think it has a handrail in the way...use this link to see the views from each seat

http://ohiostatefb.io-media.com/

edr4225's picture

this is sick, thanks

lets go bucks!!

danderson05's picture

Thanks guys, so it's generally a pretty okay seat to see the whole game?

hit_the_couch's picture

Some of the seats are behind pillars. I went to the tOSU-BGSU game in '06, and my seat was behind a pillar. Luckily there was a TV hung from it so I could watch what I was missing. I only paid face value ($61) for the ticket but felt my money was wasted.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!