Ohio State football talk.

How does one earn helmet stickers here?

OscarSierraUniform's picture
July 27, 2014 at 4:25pm
51 Comments

Just wondering.  

GO BUCKS!  34 days....

TheBadOwl's picture

Make good, thoughtful comments, don't talk about politics, and respect others.

Basically, don't be TeddGinnIsFasterThanYou. ;)

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+11 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I thought Jason banned all TeddGinnIsFasterThanYou personalities. Somehow they've gotten back online to DV you.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

He probably went to his local library and made 4 new accounts to down-vote his comment 4 times.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+5 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+5 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

say something cool!

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

But be careful or that UV could turn into a bunch of DV's...............

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+6 HS
InTressITrust's picture

Post things like this

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+21 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

And/or like this.......

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+11 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Any kind of joke about TTUN and Brady Hoke. Funny and relevant gifs. See Bucksfan Changing His Icon thread.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

Hovenaut's picture

Quality commenting, quality gifs (kept within a shade under an 'R' rating), respect for others (there are actually cool M...igan fans here).

Check the commenting policy for further details, and welcome to the site OSU.

+7 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Especially the part about Michigan fans. Also, respect others opinions. A dissenting opinion is just that, not a wrong opinion. 

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Just remember what comes around ... goes around ... right Bert?

+3 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

+1 for the initial comment. Additional HS are awarded, or revoked, based on other readers giving you a thumbs up or thumbs down. 

Be respectful. Put thought into your comments. And don't be an asshole.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/06/36419/...

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

Additional HS are awarded, or revoked, based on other readers giving you a thumbs up or thumbs down. 

Just to clarify Mike's otherwise sound advice - I especially want to echo the part about being thoughtful and respectful - remember that the helmet sticker system is not used to express disagreement, but rather to give a hearty "hear hear" to great comments from the community while also playing whack-a-troll with those who stray outside the lines of civility.

In other words, up vote more than you down vote. Up votes are best given out like candy at Trick-or-Treat, while down votes should be reserved for comments that violate the commenting policy or basic rules of good taste. Don't use down votes to express disagreement.

Don't use down votes to express disagreement. 

+9 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

Well said, Andy. My fault for being so vague. I should have been more clear with this vital piece of information. You deserve many many up votes for this, sir.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

All good Mike - I'm just hyper-attuned at the moment given the frivolous down voting we've seen lately. I think newer members of the community might assume (perhaps understandably) that the votes are a method for registering their opinion).

+6 HS
blocko330's picture

Plenty of ways, but if you don't want to lose any then dont talk about what you tweeted at a recruit.

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

+3 HS
Citrus's picture

If you earn enough helmet stickers, you'll get 11W premium edition and use of the lounge.

+5 HS
Citrus's picture

When it happens, you'll know.

+3 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

from what I've heard, some of the premium lounge VIPs show up, unannounced, at your door and whisk you into an unmarked panel van. Beyond that, I'm not certain what happens. I've even updated my address and when I'll be home and not expecting visitors in my profile, but nothing yet. I guess I need more stickers. 

+2 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

I've heard that mowing the lawns of other 11W members doesnt hurt either.

+6 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Marty does not agree.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

If you just send me all 32 of your helmet stickers, I will send you 500 in return. 

Just wire transfer them to the bar in the premium lounge c/o Chief B1G Dump. 

+12 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Hove, can you take care of this? Chief is drunk at the bar again, and trying to swindle the newbies out of their stickers. 

+5 HS
Hovenaut's picture

It's fine. The credit card processor only runs on quarters now, and we hid the machine between the Keno games...underneath a case of vintage Zima.

+8 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

So....I guess I should just get rid of these Jolly Ranchers I planned to put in those Zimas?

+4 HS
Hovenaut's picture

No way...drop them in. We can always give them out at Xmas should there be a shortage on fruitcakes.

+3 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

You know the Seinfeld where Elaine buys all the sponges and decides if someone is sponge worthy?

i have a similar scenario with my Zima stash. I decide if parties are Zima worthy...

+3 HS
buckeyebfd's picture
Wouldn't the premium lounge be Zima worthy?
+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

How does one get access to this 'premium lounge?'

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

It's super secret...

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Wait til you get to 10,000 Stickers - the Premium Lounge elevator goes up to the 2nd level and let's just put it this way it's.......

Sorry got to go - I got a client calling me. Check back later.

rosycheeks's picture

They're granted by a Nigerian prince. That's all I know.

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Anytime you throw up a reference like this - it's usually a crowd favorite.

+10 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

The best way to rack up helmet stickers is...mention downvotes you've received on your other posts. You'll gain the sympathy vote and rack up the stickers.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+5 HS
ITWASME's picture

Went to see how many helmet stickers you had and noticed you're from Westerville. Good stuff

OscarSierraUniform's picture

Thanks for all the insight on helmet stickers. This forum is a lot better than some of the others....I won't mention them. But I see nothing but good stuff over here and no BS.

See ball, get ball.

+7 HS
cinserious's picture

Yeah OSU, we have a nice friendly community over here without too much douchebaggery, when one gets out of line, he is swiftly dealt with. Kind of like 'Pimp wars' Remember 'Pimp wars'?

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

Crimson's picture

Most people do it like this:

Fire!!!
+4 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Hove gets very generous when you pick up his beer tab. 

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I give Lloyd UV's.......................well, no, no I don't

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Whatever you do, DO NOT create multiple accounts in order to give yourself stickers. Evidently, that is frowned upon in this establishment.

Italics are for emphasis.

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Usually any type of Animal House movie reference is a good thing.

+2 HS
cinserious's picture

Whatever you do, don't drop the bass...

bassdropper

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+5 HS
OSUStu's picture

I find that it just works best to ask for UVs and complain about DVs.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+6 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Don't ever speak of downvoting or you will be downvoted.  It's like fight club...

If you must, you can try that method out and let me know how it works out for you.

EDIT: Don't piss anyone off either.  Otherwise you will most assuredly be downvoted for no reason other than your username.  

OSUStu's picture

Whhaaat?  Are you sure?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Crimson's picture

I'm picking up your sarcasm.

Well, I should hope so, because I'm laying it on pretty thick.

+1 HS