Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

VOL FANS DIGGING THEIR OWN GRAVE SHOW. PART ONE!!!

WOLFofOHIO's picture
July 26, 2014 at 10:40pm
67 Comments

OK so in light of the mayhem of FNL Yesterday there has been some hate on the Twittersphere for Torrance Gibson...How much??? You be the judge......

OSU now say they lead for Torrance Gibson. Is this a never ending merry go round or what? Seems like whom ever gets a visit is his leader?

Heres my personal favorite....V

http://37.media.tumblr.com/2d0af9fddb81df77ee08d85b0369decc/tumblr_mkurflQUB91r8ymllo1_400.gif

Ashtabula's picture

The Chuck E Cheese tweet is funny. The kid has talent, but he seems to really like the recruiting game. He reminds me a ton of TP, both on and off the field.

+28 HS
WOLFofOHIO's picture

i think between auburn slowing down on his recruitment and tennesee imploding him with hate mail...well..things are DEFINATELY looking up for the good guys at this point.

there is no greater joy than watching Michigan get slammed. in anything

+8 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Some of those are things we have all read on these boards to be fair. Def some butt hurt, but I felt the same as the guy who said if we get him great, if not oh well.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+16 HS
WOLFofOHIO's picture

say that when his annoucement day comes and i WILL TELL ya it will be different my friend. i love recruiting though. maybe its just me.

there is no greater joy than watching Michigan get slammed. in anything

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Yep, that's what I was thinking. I have said exactly that myself. 

Ohio State Ombre's picture

haha the one that says have fun not beating the sec. how many wins do the vols have in the past 3 years against the sec? i looked it up. they have 4 sec wins. 

+11 HS
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

Yeah, but.....you know....SEC....wooooooo

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+3 HS
Ohio State Ombre's picture

oh no...an sec woo girl

+5 HS
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

oh. Nice pull!

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

Spivan's picture

But every SEC team is National Championship quality. That's what ESPiN tells me!

+1 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

And 3 of those were against Vanderbilt and Kentucky (2x) 

Brady Hoke ate my comment

+5 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Many comments on Buckeye boards are quite similar. I laugh at both.

+18 HS
danbrown7665's picture

lets scroll thru some of the past Torrance gibson threads on this site. some of those comments look awfully familiar to the ones we were saying b4 he visited

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

+26 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Came here to say exactly this. The amount of dumbass "Oh he's got issues, he's a diva, we don't want him" comments on here the past few months has been pissing me off. But once he names us his leader again, people are all super happy about him.

I've wanted him in this class since the start. And anyone who's going to judge a kid they've never met based on a social media site that they don't use needs a perspective check.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+14 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Yessir. Well said and sentiments are shared by me as well.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

Some Ohio State fans were saying similar things before FNL. Let's not get too high & mighty. 

+10 HS
trigg03's picture

BUT...we're they saying those things to TG on twitter?? I imagine there were some pro OSU comments directed towards him on twitter but to go raving mad?? I doubt that.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

Tennessee fans wear orange so they can wear the same shirt to the game on Saturday, to go hunting on Sunday and then To their garbage man job on Monday. 

It the same shirt they were given at the correctional facility. 

+11 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

A lot of this criticism is warranted. You will see similar stuff tucked away in our own recruiting forums. Lets not become hypocritical and say Vols fans are any worse than some of our fans at their worst.

+14 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Maybe we can take the time to self reflect and try not to emulate the VOLS behavior in the future.  May we also not take things so personally when a recruit decides to commit elsewhere.

+14 HS
rosenbuck's picture

If I've learned anything from this site, it's this ^  Fan is short for fanatic, and with a fanbase as large as ours....there's bound to be a lot of stupid.  Reminds me of something I was told about glass houses....

+8 HS
Boom777's picture

I agree shit fans are no better if they are Buckeye fans or Tennessee fans. 

Wherever you are, there you be!

robb1379's picture

I was on the can killing time scrolling through the TG forum on vol nation and to be honest it wasn't much different than what I've read here. "...too much drama" "...I'm much happier with <insert current QB commit>" "...he'll have a new leader after his next visit" etc. 

I hope he comes here and does great things. If it's throwing TD's, receiving TD's or holding a clip board calling in the plays. But I'm not going to hold it against a kid for committing elsewhere or enjoying his recruitment. 

+4 HS
bbb's picture

What is a grave show?

-4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Yep TN, you're still Rednecks ... And your team still stinks. 

-1 HS
bethmowins's picture

Some TN fans are still trying to be nice to him on Twitter saying these people are bandwagon fans. Pretty sure you need to actually win games to be on the bandwagon. Can't wait until TG Vonn Bell's these fools.

+5 HS
Jbucks's picture

well they aint lyin im aure alot of us became frustrated/annoyed with the TG drama

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

-1 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

Let this be a lesson to UT and tOSU fans everywhere on twitter. Please please please please please stop tweeting at and about these recruits. You are only hurting your university's chances of landing them.

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+3 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Southern rambling man's tweet made me laugh. Ohio state may never beat someone in the sec eh? I think the same thing about Tennessee. 

+7 HS
Kaceybrown's picture

No doubt. On one hand I'd love to TOSU square up with Tennessee, but on the other hand, that would likely mean TOSU lost what, 4-5 regular season games and are matched up in the Gator Bowl or something. 

+5 HS
Boom777's picture

Tennessee isn't even getting a gator bowl! My like the poinsettia bowl! Or little Caesars!

Wherever you are, there you be!

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Tennessee hasn't been a relevant SEC team for a long time, not sure why they even pretend they matter to that conference. 

+2 HS
Bucks1's picture

In the SEC your team doesn't have to win cause everyone can still root for Bama in the end.  S-E-C!  

"I will pound you and pound you until you quit." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

We have to realize that anything we write on the internet, even on this site, can be copied and pasted everywhere on the internet. The recruits could possibly read it as well.  I'm far from perfect myself, but hopefully we can be wise and judicious before we talk about recruits, and think before we hit that send button. Torrance retweeted some of his negative twitter responses from angry Vols fans. Perhaps it was for motivation, but it shows they read their negative tweets, and postings. So be careful. Rant over.

+5 HS
BuckeyeRealist13's picture

I just want to let that Ramblin Man know that Ohio State has a very solid record against the SEC. I believe Ohio State is at least 10 games over .500 against the SEC. Also, if TG does choose OSU, I'm sure TG could care less about the SEC at that point. I hate how SEC fans, and SEC media confuse passion with ignorance. Buckeye Nation is passionate, the majority of SEC fans that I have dealt with are no more passionate than OSU fans, just ignorant. 

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have. 

+4 HS
Bucks1's picture

Adding Mizzou and aTm, we are 21-13-3 all-time vs the SEC.

"I will pound you and pound you until you quit." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
Hovenaut's picture

The Vol fans sure seem like a nervous bunch...

+7 HS
trigg03's picture
+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I think he's just a little tweak-eyed.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Kinda like this guy

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+2 HS
Wilkins78's picture

Separated at birth?

+2 HS
Citrus's picture

Can we puh-leeeze schedule UT?? SOOON! How great would it be to play Ten this year. Oh the Von Bell butt hurt would resurface. It would be so wonderful.

+5 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

I thought we had scheduled UT and then the deal collapsed for some reason.

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture
They could make a Big Deal out of it and have this as a sponsor.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
airbuckeye's picture

Thats something i have always had trouble with when it comes to fans bad mouthing a 17 or 18 old kid because it just does not make any sense. These are young men just comming into their own at that age and making probably the first big major choice of their life.

Let these kids make their choice's and wish them well and good luck as they go out into the world for the first time on their own. people need to stop and remember what it was like the first time they left the nest and wondered into a world of the unknown.

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

This may sound soft but I cried the first time I left for college, and that was just going an hour and a half to Athens (O.U Bobcats) I started out homesick for the first few weeks until I eventually settled in and started meeting lots of people and making good friends.

buckeyes7222's picture

Other buckeye fans: STOP TAGGING TORRANCE GIBSON (or other recruits) IN TWEETS/INSTAGRAM POSTS!!!

Although this seems like something that should be common sense and a given, obviously it's not. If you don't understand why, it would be pointless for me to tell you. That is all.

-4 HS
logamaniac's picture

wait... you're saying I shouldn't tweet at these guys?

+3 HS
SGTREDLEG's picture

Seems to be a lot of negativity towards "Rednecks" on here.  Mind you there are a lot in Ohio as well that are die hard Bucks fans.  Step out of any city and there they are.  Maybe stop the name calling and just address the whining remarks.  Just my thoughts!

SGTREDLEG

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

So, they're pissed that he named a school his leader, after being interested in them the entire time, yet not being able to visit until now? I don't recall their anger when he announced that the fake UT was his leader after visiting there...

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

After reviewing those tweets from the vol fans .... something tells me that they are going to get exactly what they expect. 

+3 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+3 HS
Gray Box's picture
+9 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

Leave it to Mr. Hilliard to freakin BRING IT! Love that guy.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

This just further cements how stupid twitter is, and I blame the CEO because he went to TSUN.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I don't even care to have Torrance anymore. If he commits to UT that's awesome but if he doesn't I could care less. My Vols are straight.

...meaning he does care at least a little bit? 

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
chirobuck's picture

This is why buckeye fans need to remember that OSU will continue to be OSU regardless of any one kid, we are set up to win now and win later and one player will not change that.........UT cannot say the same

^ best post ever ^

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

If this is only Part One I can't wait to read the rest of the Vol fans reactions on Part Two.

+4 HS
apack614's picture

His Vols are straight hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha not since Peyton Manning my friend

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

But they won the National title the year after Peyton left.with Tee Martin. But yeah since Y2K hit and destroyed their football program they have been garbage.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

If this is their reaction now I can't wait to see what their reactions are on October 20 when Torrance commits to Ohio State.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Epic meltdown especially with that one fan crying on Youtube.

+1 HS
Humbuck's picture

The most insecure fan base in the country. 

When they get an obvious commit they always have to talk smack about Butch owning whichever coach he beat for the kid.

When they lose a commit the kid goes from being the golden child to the worst player ever with at least one family member taking cash from the winning school.

Gibson was "practically moved in to a dorm" about 6 weeks ago and now he is just another bust. 

+2 HS