Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

teddyballgame's picture
+5 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Rising 6th grader means she's going to be a 6th grader and she has been all over the news in the past few years. Check out her highlight video and you'll see why.

And she's a girl. So what?

+5 HS
kholmes's picture

Here is the highlight video you mentioned... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l06NGucUe6A

+7 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

She is surprisingly fast. And she has shiftiness and change of direction that rivals athletes like Johnny Manziel. I hope she continues to play football. I also hope she develops better taste in football teams.

+1 HS
DudeNick4's picture

She seems very passionate towards the game of football.  Good for her, I bet she excels in whatever she puts her mind too.

+2 HS
Chip's picture

I don't see anything wrong with this.

+2 HS
sharks's picture

Derrick Green is straight SWEATING

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+13 HS
KB3RG's picture

that might be a good thing for him. He could afford to slim down a bit. Was afraid he was trying to be an OL again

Bucks1's picture

So cool! Love the broken tackles! She gonna be at #FNL? Birm?

"I will pound you and pound you until you quit." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I'd like to see how she progresses and maybe touch base in about 6-7 years. One of those situations that could go either way. Seems pretty intelligent.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

SoCalBuck26's picture

She is a beast.  I remember watching her highlight video last year, and it was just silly how she made older kids look so bad.  I hope she sticks with football as she gets older.  She isn't afraid to tackle or run people over if she needs too, which in itself is awesome at that age.

Squirrel Master's picture

She is unreal.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

BullCityBuckeye's picture

I recall watching some highlights of this little lady on defense. Equally impressive/gutsy.

Squirrel Master's picture

this video. she is ridiculous in this.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
BullCityBuckeye's picture

Yup.  Great find, SM.

Buckeye Knight's picture

She might be the only RB in America that can slip through the tiny holes their O-line makes.

+3 HS
nmaxwell's picture

i'm a michigan fan, and that was pretty good, albeit depressing at the same time

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

She's a little bad ass! Wow!!

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+1 HS
e135800's picture

Good story. Thanks for posting it. Do you not like girls?

Hitman61's picture

I have no problem with her playing football with the boys. Her legs move about 2x that of her defenders. Just had to laugh that she is at a U of M camp.

LebBuckeye

-1 HS
kevdale86's picture

I still don't see the humor. This really doesn't have anything to do with the Michigan team per se. It's a camp open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders. It's not gender exclusive. It's sad that we have to try and make fun of Michigan or whoever for every tiny little thing.

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

I think he was laughing at going to a UM camp because usually the best players want to go to the best schools. Not like a "Hah. Michigan is recruiting girls now" type of thing. More like a "This girl is way too good for Michigan."

+1 HS
kevdale86's picture

TTUN has a 7th grade girl they are promoting at their summer camp. Really?

That's not how his post reads. But I guess it is up for interpretation. It just struck me wrong.

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

To each their own, my friend. Some see the glass half full, some see it half empty. But its like my grandpa always said, "While they're busy arguing about how full it is, go drink it."

+2 HS
kevdale86's picture

The Detroit News ran this story, not TTUN. Sam seems like a very mature and obviously athletic girl. This doesn't mean she's going to try to play college football or even high school for that matter. This was just a chance to showcase her talent. Having been around youth football a little bit, I can tell you she's better than most boys that age. I say good for her!

-1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

She is being recruited as an athlete, but insists on playing quarterback. She is our fallback for Gibson.

Jugdish's picture

The last girl that I saw playing football like that at that age was Jamie Lewis. She became a great basketball player for the Oak Hill Oaks. She was so good that OSU came calling. Keep it up young lady. Good things can happen in the future.

Remember to get your wolverine spade or neutered. TBDBITL

MikeTheBuckeye's picture

This is not the first time I've heard of Sam Gordon. She is going places.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I bet she could produce more wins and yards gained than Devin Gardner.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Cutest video ever.

+1 HS
toledobuckeyefanjim's picture

This is another Dave Brandon publicity stunt.

bigbadbuck's picture

with being as fast as she is the Missagain "O" li ne won't have to hold their blocks for long