Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Need help finding cheap airline tickets to come to VT game

Clinger76's picture
July 22, 2014 at 1:03pm
19 Comments

Alright fellow Buckeyes. Me and my brother are long time fans of The Buckeyes and we just acquired tickets to the V.T game on Sept 6th. I'm having troubles finding cheap-ish flights from Atl on the 5th. Can anyone help with info or their own plane....I've only been to 2 games in 37 years and my brother, 1. so this will be our first together since I was 9 and he was 6. Any help would be greatly appreicated.   Go Bucks!!!

Otown Buckeye's picture

Southwest Direct....$99 BUCKS (See what I did there) each way.  

"because we couldn't go for three"

+3 HS
FairfaxBuckeye's picture

Good find!

It looks like Southwest has $99 non-stop flights ($198 roundtrip) leaving in the early morning (or evening) of September 5 and returning in the early morning (or evening) of September 7. 

+1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

If I had a private plane it would be yours. Always check Kayak as they compare all prices outside of that I don't know.

+1 HS
charles's picture

The 6 1/2 hour drive is not an option?  Its not ideal, but that'll run you less than $150 of gas for the round trip.

Clinger76's picture

yeah, that looks like what it might boil down too.

looking at Mapquest, its more like 8-1/2hrs though

"If you take no risks, you will suffer no defeats, But if you take no risks, you will earn no victories."

charles's picture

Brainfart on my end....I mapped your drive to Blacksburg.  Ask me again in a year and I might have the right answer.

+4 HS
TedGinnIsFasterThanYou's picture

These gas prices are ridiiiiiiiiculous

+2 HS
Earle's picture

You can actually make your own plane out of duct tape if you can find someone who can fly it.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+4 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

Pro Tip: make sure you browse for flights in private browsing mode. They track your cookies and if you visit checking flight prices a bunch, the price will increase. They do this to create urgency and make you stop shopping and buy the tickets now. Seriously. Don't believe me? Try it.

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

+8 HS
Earle's picture

That's evil.

+1 HS
Clinger76's picture

Just. DAMN!

"If you take no risks, you will suffer no defeats, But if you take no risks, you will earn no victories."

BoBo16's picture

Look today at 3pm. Southwest has 120 round trip tickets to akron canton airport(cak) since southwest is new there they have cheap flights. And it's only a 70-80 min drive 

Eat, Sleep, and Breathe Buckeyes

+1 HS
Clinger76's picture

I appreciate it

BoBo16's picture

Everything is about 196 Delta from atlanta to columbus. Which is actually a really good deal!

Eat, Sleep, and Breathe Buckeyes

buckeyefan333's picture

ATL is a huge Delta hub so I would check with them.  I did a quick search on skyscanner.com and found multiple Delta flights outbound on the 5th and returning on the 7th for $200 roundtrip.  That's about the cheapest you're going to find, and not a bad price overall.

+3 HS
GoBucks713's picture

kayak has flights leaving Saturday Morning and Returning Sunday Evening for $197 round trip. And they are direct flights!

-The Aristocrats!

+2 HS
Earle's picture

I'm now getting a banner ad for CheapO Air...

+5 HS