Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why is Brady Hoke Loved So Much by Michigan Fans?

0 HS
Ugly Hour Chazz Bear's picture
July 18, 2014 at 6:21pm
53 Comments

I honestly don't get it at all.  Is it because he's a "Michigan Man"? (something that is a joke to me, if you can coach, you can coach).

I feel like he is a very AVERAGE coach.

Ball State: He went 34-38.  He never really improved the team until his last season there when he went 12-1.  Then he went to SDSU.

SDSU: Went 4-8 in the first season and turned them around to a 9-4 team the next season, which is pretty good. Then Michigan offers him.

Michigan:  Took over a 7-6 team and turned that into a 11-2 record with a BCS win.  Seems nice on paper, but it's really not that nice.  No big wins during that season.  Only ranked wins were vs Nebraska and VT (both #17 at the time).  He also beat OSU, but OSU had an interim head coach.
Next two seasons Michigan's record regresses and he loses back to back games to Ohio State. 

The only top 15 team he's beaten was ND last year (and ND ended up being a bad team).
He's 1-2 vs OSU*.  *: Beat an OSU team that had an interim-head coach and had one of their worst seasons in the last 50+ years.
He has had 2 really good recruiting classes, but those aren't panning out so far.

I feel like he's gone this year unless he wins 9+ games OR wins 7+ games including OSU.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 53 Comments