Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Meyer trashes scUM

Bags5150's picture
July 18, 2014 at 1:56pm
93 Comments
cajunbuckeye's picture

TTUN sucks. The sooner high school athletes from M*chigan understand and accept that fact, the sooner they'll be able to move on to a program that they can succeed in.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+4 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

I Got One!

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+11 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I kind of hope this isn't true honestly.  The recruit walked out and said he didn't think highly of the coaching staff.  That is not a win by any means even if it does belittle Michigan.  

I have a hard time believing the Ohio State coaching staff being this ignorant and unprofessional.

"If you root for Michigan, the terrorists win."

+21 HS
CincyOSU's picture

I agree, not sure how this is something to be proud of.

That being said, I really don't buy what that writer is trying to sell. You can tell by the style of writing that he/she is not an credentialed journalist.

+7 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Definitely not credible IMO.  It looks like a high school kid wrote this.

"If you root for Michigan, the terrorists win."

+10 HS
clogan1032's picture

The site I believe is ran by  a Uber Michigan fan that is either in high school or college.  Not citing sources makes me think garbage and just trying to slam Ohio State.  Of all of the positive reports on this site from recruits, parents of recruits, and parents of athletes makes me think there is absolutely nothing to see here.

+7 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Based on the other time this was written about, it seemed pretty clear to me that they exaggerated everything. I'll believe that UFM brought up *ichigan and our continued domination, but look at the *ichigan program now; it's hardly something we would brag about for 10 minutes, as the last article about this claimed. They're giving themselves way too much credit. Maybe if the school in question were Akron, Uconn, or App St., who are about on their level.

And if nothing else, it's extremely obvious the iPad point is exaggerated. Yes, Urban probably mentioned they're getting iPads, but the focus was most likely that they'll get it to learn the playbook, not to harp on the fact that they get a shiny new Apple product if they come to OSU. How is it believable to anyone that with the history and current elite level of play that OSU exhibits, the coaching staff has to resort to parading around a tablet as a primary selling point? Jealous people will hear what jealous people will hear (I'm talking on the writer here, not the recruit).

+6 HS
buckeye85's picture

I agree. The quote makes UFM sound like a desperate, stammering idiot.  "You guys will get on of these things, what do they call it? O yea, an Ipad, you get an Ipad!  We will make sure you get your own Ipad if you sign here.  No other school can promise you an Ipad but here you will get one even though you probably already have 3 in your home.  Don't worry about anything ever again because we will make sure you have an Ipad!" LMFAO..... I am sure someone as experienced as Meyer would go off on a desperate, blubbering rant about something that is not a big deal to try and get kids to commit. This article reeks of someone who knows nothing about the recruiting process and is just making something up on their mind that they would hope was true.

+1 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

My anonymous source says anonymous is full of shit!

+3 HS
Fatpants's picture

Biddle is going to be pissed at Anonymous

+26 HS
Earle's picture

I'll keep an eye out for the "Anonymous Commits to TSUN" thread.

Also, any guesses for what the "D" in DZone stands for?

Just say no to italics abuse.

+6 HS
Bags5150's picture

I have several unprintable ideas...

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth~Mike Tyson

+7 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

It's funny that the word it actually stands for is the worst one of all: Detroit.

+5 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Douchebagistan?

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Whoa - spot on - first time seeing that word - I will have to use it from time to time especially when I reference ttun.

WezBuck28's picture

I don't really know how to respond to this..

+3 HS
sharks's picture

I saw this on mgoblog. Various pairs of panties there were in bunches. UFM is pulling Top 5 classes every year, so if that's how he does it, it must work.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+6 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I shared this the other day, but bears repeating here since it's relevant to your post.

I happened to be in Toledo for a party the weekend after LOI day back in '12.  Being a sports fanatic, on the way up I found and tuned into a station out of dreary, bankrupt Detroit; 97.1 The Ticket (I think that was the station anyway, but that points irrelevant).  

Instead of callers calling in to celebrate a great  Michigan recruiting haul, they instead all obsessed over Urban "beating" them "at the last moment" (it was the flip and signing of Dontre Wilson I believe that did it if I recall correctly) in the final Rivals and 247 rankings.  

They demanded NCAA investigations claiming all sorts of nonsense from "payments and car keys", to "promises of a job" for this or that recruit, to some actually crying "the deck was stacked in favor of OSU".  Not kidding you.  Not 10 callers. Not 20.  Nearly all of them.

They were genuinely rabid and foaming at the mouth.

They're obsessed day-and-night about the mighty Buckeyes.

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+1 HS
Bags5150's picture

Birm has Anonymous crystal balled to ITT.

+17 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

The founder of The D Zone is actually an ITT Tech graduate, which is nothing to feel bad about.

http://www.thedzone.net/p/history-staff.html#.U8l1Q_ldWSo

+8 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I heard that Anonymous was leaning to Little Sisters of the Poor.

bucndc's picture

Highly unlikely any of this is true. The writers of the blog are local Michigan HS kids. The anonymous source makes it even more unlikely. Why be anonymous if its true? Don't be a pussy, tell us your source.

+4 HS
1967Buck's picture

I hear what your saying, But we have Women and children that come to this site. Not cool bro, peace. ( the last part of what you said).

-2 HS
BassDropper's picture

In addition to the “bashing of Michigan,” Meyer offered I-Pad’s to any player that signed withOhio State.
“‘If you come to Ohio State, we’ll make sure you guys get one of these [I-pads]. You guys all get an I-pad if you go to Ohio State. They [Ohio State coaches] said, ‘everybody that goes to Ohio State gets an I-pad, right away. We’ll make sure you get one.’”

Yea, I hope this story isn't true.

DIRECTIONER

Fatpants's picture

Commit now! Free Ipad!!

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Uncle Rico automatic upvote protocol engaged.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+7 HS
causeicouldntgo43's picture

The 80's were awesome!

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

OMG. Uncle Rico. +1! Wonder what he's doing these days?

+1 HS
Fatpants's picture

Throwin a pigskin over them mountains I would guess...

+1 HS
Bags5150's picture

Most all D1 schools give the kids ipads...maybe the fireworks knocked out wireless at UM

+7 HS
BassDropper's picture

I'm sorry, I just don't like how Urban is pitching free iPads instead of National Championships.

DIRECTIONER

-10 HS
Katzfan's picture

So you believe this story??? The whole time I was reading it, I was like, this definitely has a slanted tone to it. Please, this is ridiculous. Besides, im pretty sure this story is fairly dated... ive heard and read this exact piece before, albeit some time ago...

+3 HS
bigtenspeed's picture

Upvote. Hahahahah.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Every single player on the team does get an ipad paid for by the university.Its what they review their film on. Its a great idea to keep up on technology.Players and recruits also dig it.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
Jbuckham94's picture

Every student athlete for Ohio State gets an iPad. There was a freshman in my dorm last year who was on the pistol team and even he had an iPad.

It's kinda funny because when he was asked to help recruit kids when he went to the junior Olympic qualifying, one of the things the high schoolers really liked was the fact that they got iPads.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

+5 HS
Gametime's picture

It's amazing that people still don't get you yet, LOL.

Between goals and achievement is discipline and consistency. That fire you have inside to do whatever you love is placed there by God. Now go claim it. ~ Denzel Washington

+1 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Top recruit who has been to Ohio State AND M*chigan? And was there at that time? A guy that the staff was pushing to commit? I hate to throw out a name, but wasn't Damien Harris at that camp or did he not stay for that day?

P.S. I don't actually believe this, but if this were true...

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Funny because this very same story was posted a few months ago. Smells like complete bullshit to me but believe what you want.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+5 HS
Fatpants's picture

The great thing about this is he could've completely set fire to the current state of affairs up there and not misled those kids at all.

+3 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I truly loved the sense of seething bitterness while reading the work of a writer who must have been choking back tears while composing this swill.

+6 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

BassDropper is the Anonymous guy.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+13 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

Not sure if true but if so don't agree with it. The staff should be selling our program and the positives over bashing another program.

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+2 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

In the blogosphere, what someone ate for breakfast is considered news -- or at least newsy.

This story is already old "news" and this blog seems to be an unattributed embellishment of what occurred.  I wouldn't give it much thought.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

I dont like it AT ALL. Spend a couple of minutes on that trashy school up North, dont spend the whole meeting on them. Your wasting people's time, your obviously being seen in a negative light according to some of those recruits. Its childish, focus on your own school smh

-8 HS
Klytus21's picture

Yes, this posted a while ago and it was bullshit then.

70+ players (and families) in attendance. Only one player was willing to go on the record about the meeting

After the visit ended and everything sank in, Anonymous talked to a few fellow recruits.
“The guys I talked to didn’t like the atmosphere. 

Bullshit.  These are highly recruited players all of which will not be playing for Ohio State.  Did UFM threaten them to keep quiet?  They are high school kids on Twitter and FB.  No way only Anonymous would be they only one with the balls to talk.

The real question is how many of those top-level recruits choose to go to Ohio State based on just the negative talk and I-Pads?

He'd suggest they go the the $EC and get a visit from The Bag Man.

NJBuck

+4 HS
Borrowed Time's picture

Just highly doubt this article is true. Poor writing skills, over-the-top exaggeration, extremely slanted viewpoint. 

+6 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I love how the article's source is 'Anonymous' and then when you read the comments, all of them are made by 'Anonymous'. There is so much anonymity going on with that article it's hilarious. 

+6 HS
jkrk's picture

I think every single comment is from the recruit. It's pretty clear the dude is a head case.

Buck Commander's picture

If true...great.....If not true....great.......Moral of the story...........FUCK MICHIGAN

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+12 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

Best post in the thread, well said, Commander, well said.  :)

+3 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Can't quite agree with that. If the Ohio State staff were making its pitch to 70 top-ranked recruits from across the country - presumably including kids from Jersey, Texas, Florida, etc. - and they spent half the time talking about Michigan, that probably wouldn't score high in terms of marketing value. But recognizing this problem is also a big tip off that the blog post and "Anonymous" are completely f-o-s.

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

It is a bullshit story from a wanna be journalist who failed miserably in his journalism class at Michigan.....I can't see Ohio States Coaches wasting all that time talking to recruits about a Shitty ass team like Shits- Again! I'm sure they spent most of the time talking about how The Buckeyes are the Best Damn team in the land......and academics too.

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+6 HS
buckeyedude's picture

If true...great.....If not true....great.......Moral of the story...........FUCK MICHIGAN

I love this comment, Commander. Very poignant, succinct and CORRECT. You win the internets!

RoyMunson's picture

That was one of the dumber things I have read in a while.

+4 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

A reliable source of mine threw a barbecue at her house in Dearborn, Michigan last weekend. Anonymous was there, along with about 30 other kids. My source said that, at one point, Anonymous disappeared, so she figured that Anonymous had just bolted from the party.

Later on, though, my source went upstairs in her house to get some sunscreen and she discovered that Anonymous was up there in her bedroom. Anonymous was perched up on her frilly canopy bed watching old "glory days" Youtube videos of Michigan football in the 1980s. The weirdest part, though, was that Anonymous was wearing my source's lingerie, mascara, and lipstick!

So, I'd take what Anonymous has to say about Ohio State with a grain of salt.

+10 HS
luckynutz's picture

I just dont see Urban and the staff putting so much work into driving home a point our boys have driven home for the last decade plus. Im sure these kids have watched the games. Its not hard to find footage. And why, in a room full of kids from all over the country, would they focus on something extremely regional? This just smacka of homerism. It would be no different than me writing a blog stating a recruit went to TSUN for a visit, and all he heard about was how the donuts, buffets and burger jointa in Ann Arborblow away the quakity of those in Columbus. I dont buy thia one bit.

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I'm all for a good bashing of TTUN, just like most any Buckeye fan.  And it's not like the things that Urban was alleged to have said were not true at least to some extent, if not completely.   However, there's a time and place for that kind of thing, and recruiting is not one of those times.  Telling these kids why not to go to TTUN doesn't really help them figure out why they should go to OSU.  It's not a good approach to take.  And Urban is a great recruiter, which is exactly why I don't believe this.  Exaggerated at least, if not a flat out lie.

Class of 2010.

+3 HS
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

This article sounded like complete shit. He has players and their families and he is bragging about giving kids an iPad? This crap screams bullshit. Only things I believe is this meeting happened and that he didn't use That Team Up North's name. "One of best recruiters in the land" and this story don't add up. 

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+3 HS
Buckforlife's picture

I don't believe this at all. You've heard speeches to recruits from Kerry Coombs before, right? Nothing but positivity and motivation that would make you do anything for him. 

No relation to OSUFORLIFE...

+2 HS
J.Mo's picture

Wait... is this D-Zone website for real? People actually puts stock in their journalistic integrity? When I opened the site, I had a flashback to 1997 and surfing the web.

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Doubt there is much truth to this. Does OSU negative recruit against UM? Probably. They should. Their staff isn't developing the talent they've gotten so far. Do they spend entire meetings doing it with 70+ recruits & their families in attendance, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that. UFM has a psych degree & is a master of mind games. I doubt he's so dumb that he doesn't know that most people hate that sort of negativity. This reeks of pure horseshit. 

Write a negative story about Ohio State & get a million hits to your shitty blog that no-one ever heard of - so mission accomplished for these folks. Anyone can have a blog & anyone can say they got a story from an anonymous source.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+5 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

You don't have to negative recruit Michigan. Anyone that watches them, knows they are terrible.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

Anonymous says he keeps his HS rivalry behind closed doors...

proceeds to spread things [allegedly] said behind closed doors about the best rivalry in sports

+2 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Evan Paputa is from Plymouth Missagain and he's a college freshman.....He's been tweeting since 2009 so its likely this isn't the first time hes tweeted this.........

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

tussey's picture

While I'm not ruling out the possibility that there was some exaggeration within the article, it is possible that there is some truth in it.  I listened to a recruiting pitch when I was in high school that was contrary to what I had been taught and I was instantly turned off to the idea of playing football for that coach.  It is possible that the kid responded negatively to the negative recruiting.  He most likely has spent his football career in positive coaching environment.

-1 HS
dustinccc's picture

No identified source, no evidence to back up information, 69+ witness (including parents) and no other accounts to confirm.  I am choosing not to put any weight into this.  It may be true but this article does not give a person the evidence (or even author credibility) that one would need to buy into it other than someone who wants to believe it. 

airbuckeye's picture

It's seems funny this is the only kid to go on record and say the shit thats comming out of his mouth. Seem's to me this litte jack wagon has already made up is mind where he is going and just trying to stir things up. He does'nt want his name out their because when he does make his announcement he knows his little ass is busted.

I have one rule i have always followed in life and it has never failed me yet. I belive nothing i hear and only half of what i see because people will lie in a heart beat and only show you what they want you to see.

And this kid is so full of shit that if he fell into a lake he would float all the way to the other side without getting his shoe's wet. So i call BS sht on these one.

+2 HS
2002osubuck's picture

Total bullshit. First off, Meyer doesn't even talk about scUM because they suck. Second, he talks about beating Bama and winning championships with recruits.

+5 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Agreed.

Of all the programs to be concerned about; Florida State, LSU, Oklahoma, Alabama, MSU to name a few...hell even Wisconsin and Nebraska...who would waste the time or a single breath on Michigan of all programs?  They're their worst enemy.

+1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I know good fiction when I see it. This = fiction. TTUN sucking canal water = fact.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+2 HS
BEREABUCKEYE's picture

I'm embarrassed to say that I actually took the time to read all 150+ posts on mgoblog and they have completely bought this story hook, line and sinker. With their superior education you'd think they'd see right through this bs...

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

I am assuming this is some sort of parody or troll?  Or a recruit that didn't earn a scolly?  Im confused, he didn't like the truth?

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

Chris Clark just butthurt that he can't play with all the cool kids

+3 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Finally, a stupid Double Post that I'm OK with.   Sorry anyways. 

+4 HS
teddyballgame's picture

it's definitely legit.  you can trust anonymous

+3 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+2 HS
SAK's picture

This is a well written, factual article.

anonymous

+4 HS
Toilrt Paper's picture

There are still some in the state up north who can't handle the fact that U of M has become irrelevant. The stupidity is, no Ohio State coach needs to put down U of M. Their record over the past 15 years does the work..Ohio State no longer has to recruit against U of M. It is Alabama who Meyer is chasing.

+3 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I've been tweeting #Anonymous all day to get to the bottom of this.  

+5 HS
KingsRite's picture

I opened this up hoping it was pictures of Urban and the Boys trashing the UoM campus. I'm so disappointed...:D

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
Jabba1977's picture

Like i said before and will say again,Ohio State wins and SCUM loses!!!!

SECHATER77

-1 HS
cjmgobucks's picture

hyperbole on the part of A. nonymous and this clearly biased, future Pulitzer prize winner....

"When I look in the mirror, I want to take a swing at me."

Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Correction: Meyer didn't trash TTUN. They did that themselves.

I wonder if the "anonymous" player in question is the kid from Southfield High School in suburban Detroit, that originally committed to OSU, only to decommit and then commit to Sparty? DE Lonnie Johnson, I think his name is?

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

ttun can't get out of their own way.

+1 HS
CTBuckeye's picture

Entire article seems unbelievable/fabricated - how many hundreds of players have been recruited by Meyer since he arrived at Ohio State, and of all those only one "anonymous" player from all that time is able to give this uncorroborated story.  This just reeks of TTUN bias and flat out b/s.

"Because we couldn't go for three"

+1 HS
buckeyedog's picture

Seems believable enough to me. I don't really mind. I kind of wish we were bashing Penn State more since they have momentum (though I know this was supposedly in Michigan) and I'd like to see Brady Hoke stick around for a few more decades. 

I love that a pro-Michigan blog with a supposedly insider report of OSU-Michigan recruiting lays out exactly how Michigan recruits well but doesn't develop its players. 

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Send Bass in for a black op troll. It'll give him a reason to wear his ninja outfit lol

UFM_Renewal

+3 HS
RedsBuckeyeBoy's picture

I write for an online magazine called "Anonymous Weekly". We strive for truth in all things!

Anyway, you guys have to hear this one. Next week we are leading with a story about Brady Hoke! An anonymous recruit recently went on an unofficial visit to scUM and he reported that while on campus, "Hoke downloaded a donut wallpaper onto all 4 of the school's original iPads. The iPads were old and worn, but the school uses them to watch this old video of some guy named Tim Biakabutuka who had a flukey game against Ohio State one year back before I was even born. Anyway, Hoke forgot that the donuts were a wallpaper and ended up eating every last one of the iPads. He then collapsed onto the floor and sobbed audibly in between punching himself in the abdomen and repeatedly saying 'fat, fat, go away, please find somewhere else to lay'. The whole thing was very sad to witness. After about 25 minutes of this, Hoke rolled over onto his back and said 'when they find out that I ate these doo-hickies again, they're going to fire me! I didn't even want to coach the soccer team...or football... whatever you call it! I thought I was being hired to coach the billiards team! Please don't tell anyone what you saw here today.' The equipment manager said this is the fourth time he has done this since last March. I think it's safe to say that I won't be attending UM."

As you all can see, this is totally truly true! I hope you all enjoy next week's edition of "Anonymous Weekly"!

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

One of the commenters nailed it:

"Is this a real website or a class project? And no, don't knee-jerk react and call me an Ohio State fan. Sparty, Detroiter and Cass Tech rep all day. This is just a ... weird article. If anonymous isn't going to Ohio State then why not say his name - other UM commits have had NO problem calling Urban and OSU out. But none ever mentioned the negative speeches. power points and cheap shots. And to waste all that energy on 70 recruits from around the country who could probably care less about Michigan seems to be the epitome of a waste of time..I don't know...again, is this some sort of class project? Student newspaper article? If so I get it. If not..wow "

+1 HS