Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Meyer trashes scUM

Bags5150's picture
July 18, 2014 at 1:56pm
93 Comments

Show All Comments

cajunbuckeye's picture

TTUN sucks. The sooner high school athletes from M*chigan understand and accept that fact, the sooner they'll be able to move on to a program that they can succeed in.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+4 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

I Got One!

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+11 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I kind of hope this isn't true honestly.  The recruit walked out and said he didn't think highly of the coaching staff.  That is not a win by any means even if it does belittle Michigan.  

I have a hard time believing the Ohio State coaching staff being this ignorant and unprofessional.

CJDPHoS Board of Directors

Go get your shine box, Gumar!

+21 HS
CincyOSU's picture

I agree, not sure how this is something to be proud of.

That being said, I really don't buy what that writer is trying to sell. You can tell by the style of writing that he/she is not an credentialed journalist.

+7 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Definitely not credible IMO.  It looks like a high school kid wrote this.

CJDPHoS Board of Directors

Go get your shine box, Gumar!

+10 HS
clogan1032's picture

The site I believe is ran by  a Uber Michigan fan that is either in high school or college.  Not citing sources makes me think garbage and just trying to slam Ohio State.  Of all of the positive reports on this site from recruits, parents of recruits, and parents of athletes makes me think there is absolutely nothing to see here.

+7 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Based on the other time this was written about, it seemed pretty clear to me that they exaggerated everything. I'll believe that UFM brought up *ichigan and our continued domination, but look at the *ichigan program now; it's hardly something we would brag about for 10 minutes, as the last article about this claimed. They're giving themselves way too much credit. Maybe if the school in question were Akron, Uconn, or App St., who are about on their level.

And if nothing else, it's extremely obvious the iPad point is exaggerated. Yes, Urban probably mentioned they're getting iPads, but the focus was most likely that they'll get it to learn the playbook, not to harp on the fact that they get a shiny new Apple product if they come to OSU. How is it believable to anyone that with the history and current elite level of play that OSU exhibits, the coaching staff has to resort to parading around a tablet as a primary selling point? Jealous people will hear what jealous people will hear (I'm talking on the writer here, not the recruit).

+6 HS
buckeye85's picture

I agree. The quote makes UFM sound like a desperate, stammering idiot.  "You guys will get on of these things, what do they call it? O yea, an Ipad, you get an Ipad!  We will make sure you get your own Ipad if you sign here.  No other school can promise you an Ipad but here you will get one even though you probably already have 3 in your home.  Don't worry about anything ever again because we will make sure you have an Ipad!" LMFAO..... I am sure someone as experienced as Meyer would go off on a desperate, blubbering rant about something that is not a big deal to try and get kids to commit. This article reeks of someone who knows nothing about the recruiting process and is just making something up on their mind that they would hope was true.

+1 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

My anonymous source says anonymous is full of shit!

+3 HS
Fatpants's picture

Biddle is going to be pissed at Anonymous

I'm just a poo gas huffin' toilet snorkeler at heart....

+26 HS
Earle's picture

I'll keep an eye out for the "Anonymous Commits to TSUN" thread.

Also, any guesses for what the "D" in DZone stands for?

Have you tried Not Your Father's Root Beer?  It tastes just like the real thing, but it packs a punch (5.9%ABV).  It's a little sweet for me though.  Two is my limit.

+6 HS
Bags5150's picture

I have several unprintable ideas...

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth~Mike Tyson

+7 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

It's funny that the word it actually stands for is the worst one of all: Detroit.

+5 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Douchebagistan?

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Whoa - spot on - first time seeing that word - I will have to use it from time to time especially when I reference ttun.

WezBuck28's picture

I don't really know how to respond to this..

+3 HS
sharks's picture

I saw this on mgoblog. Various pairs of panties there were in bunches. UFM is pulling Top 5 classes every year, so if that's how he does it, it must work.

A man got to have a code...

+6 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I shared this the other day, but bears repeating here since it's relevant to your post.

I happened to be in Toledo for a party the weekend after LOI day back in '12.  Being a sports fanatic, on the way up I found and tuned into a station out of dreary, bankrupt Detroit; 97.1 The Ticket (I think that was the station anyway, but that points irrelevant).  

Instead of callers calling in to celebrate a great  Michigan recruiting haul, they instead all obsessed over Urban "beating" them "at the last moment" (it was the flip and signing of Dontre Wilson I believe that did it if I recall correctly) in the final Rivals and 247 rankings.  

They demanded NCAA investigations claiming all sorts of nonsense from "payments and car keys", to "promises of a job" for this or that recruit, to some actually crying "the deck was stacked in favor of OSU".  Not kidding you.  Not 10 callers. Not 20.  Nearly all of them.

They were genuinely rabid and foaming at the mouth.

They're obsessed day-and-night about the mighty Buckeyes.

The Ohio State University class of 2009
Disciplina in civitatem
+1 HS
Bags5150's picture

Birm has Anonymous crystal balled to ITT.

+17 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

The founder of The D Zone is actually an ITT Tech graduate, which is nothing to feel bad about.

http://www.thedzone.net/p/history-staff.html#.U8l1Q_ldWSo

+8 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I heard that Anonymous was leaning to Little Sisters of the Poor.

bucndc's picture

Highly unlikely any of this is true. The writers of the blog are local Michigan HS kids. The anonymous source makes it even more unlikely. Why be anonymous if its true? Don't be a pussy, tell us your source.

+4 HS
1967Buck's picture

I hear what your saying, But we have Women and children that come to this site. Not cool bro, peace. ( the last part of what you said).

-2 HS
BassDropper's picture

In addition to the “bashing of Michigan,” Meyer offered I-Pad’s to any player that signed withOhio State.
“‘If you come to Ohio State, we’ll make sure you guys get one of these [I-pads]. You guys all get an I-pad if you go to Ohio State. They [Ohio State coaches] said, ‘everybody that goes to Ohio State gets an I-pad, right away. We’ll make sure you get one.’”

Yea, I hope this story isn't true.

DIRECTIONER

Fatpants's picture

Commit now! Free Ipad!!

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Uncle Rico automatic upvote protocol engaged.

+7 HS
causeicouldntgo43's picture

The 80's were awesome!

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

OMG. Uncle Rico. +1! Wonder what he's doing these days?

+1 HS
Fatpants's picture

Throwin a pigskin over them mountains I would guess...

+1 HS
Bags5150's picture

Most all D1 schools give the kids ipads...maybe the fireworks knocked out wireless at UM

+7 HS
BassDropper's picture

I'm sorry, I just don't like how Urban is pitching free iPads instead of National Championships.

DIRECTIONER

-10 HS
Katzfan's picture

So you believe this story??? The whole time I was reading it, I was like, this definitely has a slanted tone to it. Please, this is ridiculous. Besides, im pretty sure this story is fairly dated... ive heard and read this exact piece before, albeit some time ago...

+3 HS
bigtenspeed's picture

Upvote. Hahahahah.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Every single player on the team does get an ipad paid for by the university.Its what they review their film on. Its a great idea to keep up on technology.Players and recruits also dig it.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
Jbuckham94's picture

Every student athlete for Ohio State gets an iPad. There was a freshman in my dorm last year who was on the pistol team and even he had an iPad.

It's kinda funny because when he was asked to help recruit kids when he went to the junior Olympic qualifying, one of the things the high schoolers really liked was the fact that they got iPads.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

+5 HS
Gametime's picture

It's amazing that people still don't get you yet, LOL.

Between goals and achievement is discipline and consistency. That fire you have inside to do whatever you love is placed there by God. Now go claim it. ~ Denzel Washington

+1 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Top recruit who has been to Ohio State AND M*chigan? And was there at that time? A guy that the staff was pushing to commit? I hate to throw out a name, but wasn't Damien Harris at that camp or did he not stay for that day?

P.S. I don't actually believe this, but if this were true...

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Funny because this very same story was posted a few months ago. Smells like complete bullshit to me but believe what you want.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+5 HS
Fatpants's picture

The great thing about this is he could've completely set fire to the current state of affairs up there and not misled those kids at all.

+3 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I truly loved the sense of seething bitterness while reading the work of a writer who must have been choking back tears while composing this swill.

+6 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

BassDropper is the Anonymous guy.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+13 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

Not sure if true but if so don't agree with it. The staff should be selling our program and the positives over bashing another program.

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+2 HS
bigDbuck's picture
+2 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

In the blogosphere, what someone ate for breakfast is considered news -- or at least newsy.

This story is already old "news" and this blog seems to be an unattributed embellishment of what occurred.  I wouldn't give it much thought.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

I dont like it AT ALL. Spend a couple of minutes on that trashy school up North, dont spend the whole meeting on them. Your wasting people's time, your obviously being seen in a negative light according to some of those recruits. Its childish, focus on your own school smh

-8 HS
Klytus21's picture

Yes, this posted a while ago and it was bullshit then.

70+ players (and families) in attendance. Only one player was willing to go on the record about the meeting

After the visit ended and everything sank in, Anonymous talked to a few fellow recruits.
“The guys I talked to didn’t like the atmosphere. 

Bullshit.  These are highly recruited players all of which will not be playing for Ohio State.  Did UFM threaten them to keep quiet?  They are high school kids on Twitter and FB.  No way only Anonymous would be they only one with the balls to talk.

The real question is how many of those top-level recruits choose to go to Ohio State based on just the negative talk and I-Pads?

He'd suggest they go the the $EC and get a visit from The Bag Man.

NJBuck

+4 HS
Borrowed Time's picture

Just highly doubt this article is true. Poor writing skills, over-the-top exaggeration, extremely slanted viewpoint. 

+6 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I love how the article's source is 'Anonymous' and then when you read the comments, all of them are made by 'Anonymous'. There is so much anonymity going on with that article it's hilarious. 

+6 HS
jkrk's picture

I think every single comment is from the recruit. It's pretty clear the dude is a head case.

Pages