Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Ohio State vs TTUN tickets

FLBuckeye's picture
July 16, 2014 at 12:43pm
23 Comments

Hello fellow Buckeyes, 

I need some help and I hope you can assist. My dad is a diehard Buckeye fan. He is set to retire from the police force in Florida after 30 years of dedicated service. He grew up in Columbus, but was never able to go to an Ohio State-Michigan game. I thought  there was no better retirement gift to give him than tickets to The Game. 

I realize there's no way to get even reasonably priced tickets for a game of this magnitude. But I would like to find the best deal I could possibly get as we will also have to pay for transportation to get up there. I am looking for tickets in Deck 23A or Deck 17A (or a similar section). I'm looking for really good seats, because this will be a once in a lifetime experience for my dad and I. If anyone could help me out, whether that be with actual tickets or places to look, it would be greatly appreciated. Even tips on seating areas would be great. Thank you all for your time. 

703Buckeye's picture

If you want to go secondary market for the tickets, StubHub and Ebay are your best shots.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
TedGinnIsFasterThanYou's picture

I love StubHub...I don't know if it's too early to start looking, but that's a great site

+2 HS
FLBuckeye's picture

Would more tickets become available on Stubhub as the game gets closer? I'm new to buying tickets

+2 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

It depends. If Ohio State is undefeated, ticket prices will go up. If Michigan sucks, more Michigan fans will sell their tickets. If both lose early, then ticket prices drop. 

+2 HS
FLBuckeye's picture

Makes sense, thank you

brandonbauer87's picture

Short answer: 90% chance it's better to wait. 

+2 HS
AeroBuckeye2001's picture

Season ticket holders receive their tickets in hand in August. I think you'll see a lot more tickets on the secondary market then.

The Ohio State University Class of 2001
BS Aero & Astronautical Engineering

BGSUBucksFan's picture

Seatgeek.com is my go-to now for tickets as it searches various ticket websites for the best deals.

+5 HS
CincyBuckeye04's picture

Totally agree with this. Seatgeek combines the postings from Stubhub, uberseat, Razorgator, ticketcity, ebay etc. They then rate all of those postings on how good of a deal they are relative to the majority of secondary market listings. I bought my Bengals vs Chargers playoff games tix from there and saved a ton. Good luck to you man!

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Good looking out. Looks like I will be checking this site our when the time comes for me to dish out some dough for some good ole fashioned memories in the making at Ohio Stadium.

FLBuckeye's picture

At the moment, Stubhub has two individual Deck 23 A tickets in different rows for much cheaper than two tickets seated next to each other. How keen are people on switching seats with you and do ushers monitor that sort of thing?

sivaDavis's picture

Waited up until the day before The Game and got seats in section 2, 35 yard line, 8th row for 48 bucks a piece. Its worth it to wait. I wish it was in Columbus but it was great to spend like 100 bucks and be able to see the best rivalry in all of sports.

Funny thing is me and my buddy didn't even plan on going but we checked to see what tickets were running for and saw those and decided to go since Toledo is like an hour from that whore Ann Arbor. You'll find some but its probably better to look 2 weeks ahead maybe. I'm not so sure you'll get as lucky as we did with the game being in Columbus this year.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

Groveport Heisman's picture

I learned a very hard lesson back in 2006 the year both tOSU and *ichigan were #1 vs #2 about taking a gamble and waiting too long.A pair of tickets I could have gotten for $500 wound up costing me $3,000. I know that wont happen most years or rarely ever but never underestimate the wallets and purses of Buckeye Nation. Hoke era hasnt been kind to our friends up north but I fully expect our Buckeyes to be playing for it all and who knows,with  his job on the line maybe old Hoke can pull some magic out of his ass. Just a friendly reminder that things can get out of hand fast when you are dealing with "The Greatest Rivalry in sports"

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
FLBuckeye's picture

I took the plunge and did it. Thanks everyone for your advice and help. I saved about $800 by buying two tickets not seated together in Deck 23A from StubHub. They're row 21 and 22 and both seat 17, so I think I lucked out well. Hopefully we take down TTUN once again, and if not it will still be an unmatched experience as I'll get to watch the greatest rivalry in sports with my Dad. Go Bucks and I can most certainly say I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

+6 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

And now you don't have to worry, either.  I think it was a good decision, personally.  It can make you crazy otherwise.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Very wise decision and I hope you and pops have the time of your life and witness something historical.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I think you did the right thing and got tickets now. As a gift to your father, the longer he knows he has the tickets, the greater the anticipation will grow!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+2 HS
rosycheeks's picture

I got free tix to take my dad -- I wish you similar good fortune!

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I'll echo what some of the others have stated; StubHub.

Be advised, though, StubHub is typically a sellers market the further away the game is.  As the game draws near, it shifts slightly to a buyers market in that ticket holders who cannot make the game start to get concerned of eating a loss, thus generally reducing asking prices. Unless of course something national is happening, like as someone mentioned above in 2006 when both schools (UM/OSU) were on a collision course for #1 and #2.

I purchased my OSU/Michigan tickets in 2012 literally the night before (after making what I felt were solid arrangements with a seller) halfway up C-deck, for $145/ticket.  

Edit: just saw you picked up some tickets. Congratulations and see you there.

+2 HS
BrutusBuckey3's picture

2 years ago I bought my tickets the week before the game. I bought them the Friday before we played Wisconsin. I was figuring that if we beat Wisconsin (which we did of course) that the ticket prices would sky rocket. They did. I got mine for 240 apiece. First row of B deck. There was a pillar blocking my view...which sucked but I could still see pretty well. How much did you spend for your tickets this year? I am looking for 2-3 tickets for the scUM game this year as well. 

+1 HS
FLBuckeye's picture

I bought two individual tickets in Deck 23A (20 yard line behind the OSU sideline) in rows 21 and 22 and the seats are back to back (hoping someone will switch anyways). One of them was $380 and the other was $530. Quite the disparity in price between the two of them, but two tickets seated next to each other in that section were going to cost over $1700. So I saved about $800 doing it that way. 

+1 HS
BrutusBuckey3's picture

Nice!!! Gonna be a hell of an ass kicking this year again. Go bucks and enjoy the game!!

RubixTube's picture

kind of off topic, but i've wondered this for a long time (and i'm still too 'new' to start my own thread)...

what exactly constitutes a 'premium seat' or 'really good seats'?  Do they have to be A or AA deck? I've reached out to brokers & other potential buyers for my tickets to games that range from the crap games (Florida A&M) to The Game (yeah, I sold mine in '06 to pay for b-ball season tix (twice) and the next football season) and I get mixed reviews on my location.  Tell me, 11W community, why do so many people turn their noses up at 21C, Row 1, Seats 3&4 (or 21C, Row 4, seats 33 & 34 (aisle))?

2 most important rules of successful businessmen:
1. Never share everything you know....