Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Navy Tailgating

DCBucki's picture
July 15, 2014 at 11:33am
22 Comments

Hey Everyone,

I'm still working on a big write-up for the Navy Game (what to do in the area, what to see, etc...) and it should be done in a week or two. While I will looking into all of this stuff, I found some unsettling news. According to the Baltimore Ravens ticketing office, all of their parking is SOLD OUT! There are parking options at other locations near the field, but none of them are really close. You can find these sites here: http://www.parkwhiz.com/mt-bank-stadium-parking/ohio-state-buckeyes-vs-navy-midshipmen-football-207641/

You can take the light rail metro train in, as it will drop you off right at the field but this won't let you tailgate. My contact at the ticket office said that "some" of the pregame festivities will be open. The Ravens typically do a "Ravens Walk" before the game, which is basically a big area that provide entertainment and they sell food and drinks. Not sure how much of this will be open, but could be a great alternative for those that are taking public transportation in.

BTW, If you did get parking spots at one of the RAVENS LOTS, they only allow "HOT" tailgating in lots B, C, G, H, N and O.  Thier parking lots will open around 8am on game day.

Hope this helps! Go Bucks!

mmounts's picture

Being from GA and living in DC I do not have much in the area of OSU friends. Hopefully we can coordinate something for the DC-BAL area to get together. Looking forward to two games this year.

DCBucki's picture

Have you checked out the OSU Game Watch locations in the DC area? Rhinos, Ri-Ra, etc... There are a TON of OSU fans around here. I live out in NOVA, so they are too far for me to drive. Watch games at home or with friends.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+1 HS
Denny's picture

Rhino Bar is inconvenient to get to and is also a penn state bar. If you're 25 or younger, you might like it. If you're older, you probably won't. 

I haven't been to Mr Day's (Ri-Ra wasn't a game watch site last season), but the NoVa game watches were that I went to were far more low-key than the hot mess at a Rhino Bar. 

I typically watch at home or walk to a local around the Hill to watch games. Someone is always willing to put the game on. 

Taquitos.

+1 HS
bucndc's picture

Let me know,

I would love to get together with some fellow buckeyes for a little pre-gaming. I will be taking the train in from DC. Anybody want to get together in DC on Friday let me know. DC is a much better, and safer place to hang out than B-more.

DCBucki's picture

I have a ton of family coming in for the game (14 people). I think we are looking at alternatives to getting up there (possibly train as well) as the parking is an issue.

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

Habu71's picture

Thanks, this is good info. I'm staying at a Hilton on Pratt St, which I'm told is walking distance to the stadium. I guess I'll find out when I get there if it's in "my" walking distance.

bucndc's picture
+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Good to know, thanks.

Denny's picture

Fun fact: drinking before the game on Amtrak

Also: I will be at this game and the game in College Park

Taquitos.

bucndc's picture

It's actually not aloud unless you are in a food car. Sometimes they can hassle you. I take the train to New York a couple times a month.

I have probably broken every Amtrak rule known.

Yes, even that one.

+1 HS
bucndc's picture

Good choice. It will be a rowdy ride to Baltimore from Union station.

apack614's picture

I'm stationed at Quantico and me and my wife will most definatley be there!!! Does anyone know if there is any crazy rules about killing your liver in Baltimore?

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
DCBucki's picture

Nice! I also work on Quantico and live right up the road in Manassas! Baltimore is a great place to drink and do a bar crawl as they have a TON of bars!!!

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

thatlillefty's picture

I was in Baltimore last weekend for a Yankee's-O's game, and we pre-gamed at a bar called The Abbey. It was pretty close to the football stadium and there a few other bars in close proximity. I figure if tailgating isn't an option, we should all just meet up and take over one of these bars.

And for those buckeyes residing in the DC area, Rhino's in gtown is where it's at on game days.

apack614's picture

Thanks for the help and I might just stop in there on gamedays then, I usually go to the BDubs in Stafford and all thats there is Alabama and that one team up north whatever there name is fans

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

DCBucki's picture

There are actually a couple people (at least 3 on this thread alone) that live down south of DC along I-95. We should start our own "game watch" location!! A ton of places to meet up!

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

bucndc's picture

Not a real fan of Rhino's. Too many goofs, plus Michigan usually occupies the top floor of the bar. Try  Front Page in Dupont. A little more than a dive college bar.

mmounts's picture

Thanks for the tip on Rhino's, although I loath Georgetown.

DCBucki's picture

I used to go to Rhinos all the time in my 20's. Its too crowded and can be a hot mess sometimes. Like other have said, penn state fans on top floor so, OSU does have the entire bar.

GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

Tampabuckeye85's picture

Sorry if this has already been out up. I was doing some research and this was something I found as well. http://www.ohiostatealumni.org/events/BuckeyeBash/Pages/default.aspx
It is being out on by the OSU DC alumni.

Tampabuckeye85's picture

Anyone know a good place to get a package deal for flight and hotel. I had it all planned and money wasn't an issue until a month ago I decided to get into Sumner trouble so our players didn't have to and got my first dreaded DUI so needless to say all that extra cash is mostly gone.