jonping67's picture

This is nothing new......Next post.

+1 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

8 out of 55. They gon' be aight.

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+21 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

That's too bad. Hope the kids get their grades up.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Coaches will be scrambling to fill in the gaps - with B & C players. 

Buckeye Knight's picture

Maybe they can get the players that Saban cuts this year.

+8 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

-1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Spurrier can't be too surprised considering they seem to focus solely on athletics and not academics. Seems silly, why would you recruit kids that are borderline passing their high school grades? 1 or 2 I could understand taken a chance on but 8??

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Remington2323's picture

Key word is "May". No news here.

+1 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

I feel like they probably should have looked at the recruits grades before accepting their commitment. I mean the only way they couldn't be eligible is if they had bad grades in high school right? 

Zack Sims

Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

I believe there are similar restrictions, as I believe was the case with Russell, on SAT/ACT scores. So a kid could be passing (legitimately or not) but not have the prerequisite standardized test scores.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

+1 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

Oh yeah I conpletely forgot about the standardized testing scores. That's my bad

Zack Sims

Calgarybuck's picture

SEC football student-athletes. 

+3 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

Must be the high admission standards

Go Bucks!

+4 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Substandard Education Conference, Substandard Education Conference, Substandard Education Conference!!!!!

Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates. Football is no different, the guys down in the trenches win the games, not the coach.            

+3 HS
sharks's picture

UNC's recruiting class just increased by 8.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+10 HS
DaveStephens's picture

“We would like to hope that at least two out of three (cornerbacks) are going to make it,” Spurrier Jr. said. “That’s a pretty critical area for our 2014 football season getting those guys here.”

Eh, we signed a bunch of players that we thought we were good enough to play here, but we only need a few of them this year, so screw the rest.

I know the Ol' Ball Coach gets a lot of praise on this site, but that's some BS.

The Dude abides.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

FYI, that quote isn't from The Ol' Ball Coach, it's from his son Steve Spurrier Jr., who is the Gamecocks' offensive coordinator. I guess that makes him "The Young Ball Coach?"

+1 HS
DaveStephens's picture

Like father, like son.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Its Spurrier's (SR) program (and son), so to me, it speaks volumes about the situation there.  Regardless, thanks for the catch/correction.

The Dude abides.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

Agreed - I actually didn't realize that there was a Steve Spurrier Jr., that he was a college football coach, nor that he worked for his Dad at SC. You learn something every day, right?

+2 HS
sox33osu's picture

In all seriousness, if these kids end up becoming eligible, they'd better do every single thing they can do work their tail off in college, because if not for football they would not be getting this amazing opportunity that most kids like them who don't play football never will.

+2 HS
Fatpants's picture

They ought to forget about going the JUCO route and just go to North Carolina.

hit_the_couch's picture

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more in CFB, especially if you look at a number of the wonderlic scores.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!