Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Need Help about Ticket Questions

dsavoca77's picture
July 13, 2014 at 4:07pm
13 Comments

If Im asking this in the wrong spot I apologize.  Im going to my First ever game this year and it just happens to be 11/29 for THE GAME.  I really cant figure out if section 27D  row 11 are ok seats or not.  I was about to purchase 3 tickets but I cant tell if my view will be obstructed. It looks like its under the press box but if someone can help me with their knowledge I would be very thankful  The Tickets would be 3 for 900 is about best I can find.  

I plan on being loud and crazy but I just want a good view without spending over $500 a ticket.

We booked the hotel already at the Varsity Inn, But just really need help on Tickets.

Thank You for any help at all,

David

mr.green's picture

there are no bad seats for The Game but 900 for D Deck? yikes.

Rob Reese's picture

The site linked below provides a little insight to nearly every stadium and arena in the universe.  Looks like yours aren't bad, although I can't say from personal experience in that particular section.

http://www.rateyourseats.com/showratings/sections.php?venue_id=ohio-stadium-ncaaf&section_id=27d

For what it's worth, I always StubHub 2 nights before.  Ppl that can't go are desperate to unload their tix before they eat a huge loss.  I was at The Game 2012 in Columbus, C-Deck &  purchased a pair the night before for just under $300.00, total.

+2 HS
dsavoca77's picture

Thanks.  I really just want to make the best of it.  Seems like every virtual tour wont show under the press box view.  

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

But the photo provided of 27D shows a fairly nice view, imo.

+1 HS
dsavoca77's picture

If that's the view I would be stoked.  Ill be 11 rows up so I'm not sure if the overhang will effect it at all..  I think Ill pull the trigger and make it happen.  I don't want to miss out on this.  

It crazy how much tickets jumped over face value.  

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

lol Good luck, brother.  See you there!  The last OSU/UM game was the best in-person sporting experience of my life.  No question.  Stormed the field!  Taunted the UM band.  I'll never forget it. 

AndyVance's picture

Rob, thanks for sharing that site - I just scoped out some tickets I bought last week for Va. Tech and the U.C. game, and I feel much better about my purchases after seeing the shots from the seats. Good stuff!

This is going to be an exciting season for me - this will be the first time since I was a student that I've been to more than one game in a season; right now I'm locked in for Va. Tech, U.C. and The Game, and I wouldn't mind picking up one or two more as fall draws closer. We'll see how fortune favors me, I suppose :)

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

You're welcome. 

I've used that site many times to, at the very minimum, 'get a feel' for the tickets I may be considering.  Tribe tix (and I find baseball dull & boring, but I go 3-4x a year to support the club).  Browns tix.  I can honestly confess I purchased my Lucas Oil Stadium tix last year for the Big Ten Championship based solely on the view I saw on that site.  I wasn't disappointed.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

When I lived in Ohio, I used to go to the home games as much I could. But, I never sat near the area that you referenced. I do know from watching past OSU games on youtube that there are a couple of very bad seats that will only let you see north end zone to mid field (nothing towards the south side). I know this cause ABC was calling the game and they had a segment where Jack Arute found that spot (looked like it was near or underneath the press box) and pointed out the fact that you can only see half the field. 

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

NW Buckeye's picture

Our seats are in D deck.  We love them, but we are on the 45 yard line.  27D is the south endzone.  And row 11 is at the back of the section. They are extremely far away from the field. D deck also has an elevated handicap section in front of it.  The people seated there are not supposed to stand because if they do the people in D deck can not see over them, even if they themselves stand.  Ushers usually do a good job controlling it but at The Game it may be difficult.  

+1 HS
NW Buckeye's picture

Also, the overhang of the pressbox does not hinder your view.  What you want to make sure of is that the section next to 27 also has 11 rows.  The blind spot previously mentioned is where the main supporting structure of the pressbox creates a deep corner in the stands.  I know this happens at 17D on the north end of the box.  Not so sure where it is on the south end.  You could always call the ticket office and ask if those particular seats have an obstructed view.  

GoBucks10's picture

Freshman year my season tix were D deck. It really depends, but expect some sections of the field to be obstructed. 900, honestly is a bit much. I'd look for C deck instead. One plus will be D deck will be slightly warmer since it is covered.

"Because I couldn't go for three."  - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
bigtenspeed's picture

I would be patient on the tickets. $300 a ticket is a fairly avg price for the scUM game. What I mean is that you may want to wait until mid-Oct or later to see if scUM is 4-4 or something before spending $300 a piece. I'd be willing to bet that once the season hits, there will be more tickets on stubhub or ebay and you may find better seats for the price. Even if you can't find anything cheaper or better, I would be surprised if you couldn't find D-deck seats for $300 still.

+1 HS