Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Freshmen get their numbers

Mizzillion's picture
July 11, 2014 at 12:20pm
38 Comments

A new roster with uniform numbers has been released, including the new freshmen. 

Some of interest:

J. Holmes:  10

E. Smith:  1

D. Webb: 7

M. Lattimore: 2

kgratz's picture

Kwon rocking 5 gotta love it 

How Firm Thy Friendship

+5 HS
Mizzillion's picture

Yup, looks like my Braxton jersey will be good for another 3/4 years.  

+7 HS
sbentz4's picture

A lot of people getting serious life out of #2 jerseys

+6 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

2 and 7, I love rocking my Joe Germaine Chris Gamble Ted Ginn Jermale Hines Boom Herron Jordan Hall Rod Smith Damon Webb jersey

Truth be told, I wear 47 more. But once you see 47, you know exactly who my favorite player was

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+10 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Love me some AJ

UFM_Renewal

+6 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

Hell I originally bought the #7 jersey for Galloway, now if I can lose some fat I'll break it out

+1 HS
OSUpawn's picture

It's Ok the players wear the jersey's skin tight now.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

My #12 has been Sanzenbacher and now Cordale Jones. I can only imagine what the future may hold.

TheBadOwl's picture

How about future All-Big Ten cornerback Doran Grant?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+5 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Curtis Samuel #4....aka C4????

UFM_Renewal

+17 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

"C4" is probably one of the top 5 players I'm most excited to perform. I foresee some great things on the horizon.

lljjgg's picture

Erick Smith rocking the #1, eh?

Heck of a legacy to uphold, takes a lot of guts to take ownership of that number as a true Freshman, but ever since I saw him dominate the Army All-American game, I've had a feeling he's going to be a GREAT one before it's all said and done.

+4 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

Lattimore and smith keeping the same numbers from high school is awesome. Same with dixon I think and now wilson too. 

-1 HS
kholmes's picture

Lattimore and Wilson both #2...that cant stick if Lattimore is going to play on kickoff team with Wilson. i think sometimes in the preseason numbers just handed out and then they have to get modified once games approach and conflicts are going to emerge.

+3 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I don't know. I kind of recall that on special teams both numbers are on the field. Obviously not on offense or defense, but I think ST is possible.

although I am not sure, I just recall seeing #4 both on at the same time.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Nope, only one person with the same number on the field at a time. That's why Dontre had to wear 1 while Jordan Hall wore 2. Bother were on KOR.

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

It's also the reason why Vonn Bell switched from 7 to 11 last year, so he and Hall could be on kick coverage. Additionally, during Wisconsin's onside kick attempt this year, they gave Shazier a jersey with a different number and a blank nameplate so he could be on the hands team with Philly.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

I thought rod smith and hall switched numbers that way there wasn't a problem with special teams ?

-3 HS
Brandon26841's picture

Why would Dontre Wilson be on the kickoff team though?

Unless you meant that Lattimore would be returning kicks with Wilson, which I guess I could see, but I think there'll be plenty of other guys for that (Samuel, Clark, McLaurin, Dixon, both Smiths, Marshall). 

TheBadOwl's picture

Berger wearing 44 is going to be awesome too.

+1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Saw that and noticed Chris Rock is wearing it as well. I thought no duplicates on the same side of the ball?

I noticed Underwood and Brady Taylor as well, sort of weird because no one is wearing 79, 70, 67, 62, 60, or 58... odd.

No one wearing El Guapo's number either.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

kholmes's picture

Rock's bio says he will play tight end this year if you click on it.

+1 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

Webb got the coveted 7? Holy Schnike's that says a lot actually!

+1 HS
Mizzillion's picture

Good question.  An oversight, probably.     ...hopefully.

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Id assume they need to finalize his position first, hes switching to TE I believe

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS

Positions/Numbers don't matter in college, only NFL. As long as he's not 50-79, he'll be good.

+2 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

he's wearing double 0 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

That site is messed up. There are errors all over the place. I clicked on the various links to read bios and stats. If you click on Malik Hooker, it has Sam Hubbard's bio.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

JohnnyKozmo's picture

He's on there now, #4 though, which doesn't make any sense with move to TE, since Samuel is also #4 and both can't be on field at same time.

Would be pretty sick to have a stud at TE wearing a single digit.

GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

props to Khaleed Franklin for scoring a single digit. Must be impressing someone.

Terry Glenn McLaurin

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

No idea who that kid is. I've been waiting for another dude to rock the #3 (I bought it for Zoom Saine), but I did see Mike Thomas is gonna be wearing it this year. Even more reason for me to want that dude to break out!

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

If on the kick off at the same time Smith and Wilson will wear 1A and 1B jersey's a source closes to me says.

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

They have Tyvis Powell listed as a freshman......

Grayskullsession's picture

Interesting that Blake Thomas is still on the roster.

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+1 HS
439LawDog's picture

Anyone else notice that Dante Booker took #33?  Been a few years since we've seen that number crashing through the opposing O-line!

+4 HS
SpielmanForPres's picture

Finally have a reason to get a #1 Buckeye jersey. That Smith kid is going to blow up. 

ab1993's picture

Already got my Damon Webb jersey in white...

Class of '16