Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

ESPN looking for this Buckeye Beast guy...

Bloombergl's picture
July 10, 2014 at 8:01pm
19 Comments

Any leads on who this guy is???  the "Buckeye Beast".  I have a relative who works with ESPN (or Espin, if you like) and they're trying to locate the person behind the, ummm, scarlet and grey pom poms.  They need to track this guy down by Friday, 7/11...

Any ideas, folks?

You can see him here:  http://killernutstailgating.com/2010/09/20/the-buckeye-beast-2/

osupolo's picture

Call the 'Finding Bigfoot' people. They will find him easily. 

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

You can call Buck-I-Guy but it'll cost ya.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+4 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

I have his number and his business card. True story. 

I used to post it (with the number redacted) at times like this, but with the new site, we don't have saves pics anymore. 

Bloombergl's picture

Seriously, chief? If so, that's awesome.  How can I get the contact info to pass along?

greatly appreciated.

And a hearty, go bucks.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

I was talking about BucK I Guy, Bloombrrg. 

But "Buckeye Beast" is indeed on Twitter as mentioned below. You can tweet him. 

Jugdish's picture

How do you like these Pom-Poms?

Remember to get your wolverine spayed or neutered. TBDBITL

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

This guys disguise is working if people arent able to track him down. Show a picture of any of the other self professed super fans saying Espin is looking and they would be blowing the freaking speaker off your phone ringer.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture

It would be awesome if this guy/girl remains anonymous.

+3 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I think it is Rill Dill in disguise.

+5 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm........

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Knarcisi's picture

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse than Buck-I-Guy and Big Nut.  

-1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Spotted this guy in the stadium during the Iowa game from my spot in Block O North. It's like a Where's Waldo I like to play between the action. I second the notion that it would be awesome if he remained anonymous. Just the legendary Buckeye gillie suit dude. One day, when he/she is old and gray; too frail to bear the burden, he/she'll pass it on to another to carry on the legacy... 

+2 HS
saltybuck61's picture

I agree. The Buckeye Gillie Suit Dude should remain anonymous. This will allow the legend to live forever through apprentices/descendants. This is one of the only superfans I enjoy. This fan is clearly not about the personal fame, they just like to show their love for the Buckeyes.

makearuckus's picture

That's my Cousin larry  oh hell .... i dont know?

"Woody's style was strength-on-strength, will-on-will, toughness-on-toughness." Woody's philosophy was, "I will pound you and pound you until you quit."

makearuckus's picture

tweet him buckeye beast hes on there!!!!!

"Woody's style was strength-on-strength, will-on-will, toughness-on-toughness." Woody's philosophy was, "I will pound you and pound you until you quit."

rightfield's picture

I love that the Buckeyes are winning so much that Buckeye Nation is growing to the point that game days have become an event worth celebrating. The only thing we are missing is some great looking ladies getting with the spirit and coming up with some game day Buckeye alter egos....maybe Buck I Chick, Charlotte and Grey, Ect....  

Its good to be the king

Bloombergl's picture

Thanks for all the comments, everyone.  Looks like we're coming up empty.  He's not responding via twitter....  May be missing his big break.

hit_the_couch's picture

I hope the scarlet and gray version of 'cousin It' (from The Adams Family, for those that don't know) is not another one of these over publicized super fans. The pom pom costume is kinda creative though.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!