Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Warren Sapp

airbuckeye's picture
July 2, 2014 at 5:24pm
37 Comments

What a piece of work this ass is and he deserves all the negtive feedback he is getting over not leaving a tip. Seems he went to a sports bar with a friend to to watch the world cup game and when the bill game for $69.00 dollars he stiffed the waitress.

He even wrote on the recipt BOYS DON'T Tip then he went to twetter to explan why he did  it claiming the waitress keep calling him and his friend boys please give me a f ing break thats the sorry's ass excuse i even heard off.

After someone called him on that saying your right boys don't leave tips but men do then he decides to had to that saying the food was bad and the service was worse. Sound more like trying to cover his ass with excuses.

I know my grandmother who worked for years as a waitress always told me you don't judge your tips on how the food taste but on the waitress. If she keeps your coffee cup full or what ever you may be drinking by comming back to check on them thats rule number one. Rule nubmer 2 is if she is friendly and keeps checking on your table if the place is not overly busy.

I mean it's only a $12.60 tip which is only 18% of the bill but these people work their ass's of for that tip because that is part of their pay since they don't make even min. wage or any benifits. Maybe im just to old fashion to get upset over how somepeople treat others because thats just the way i was raised.

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Maybe some commas and caps.

+2 HS
Norwalk's picture

If you read the story, you would know that he received his bill at 3:20 PM. He left before the game even started. According to his tweet, the server repeatedly referred to him and his friend as "boys" ...thus the note on his receipt "boys don't tip." I'd give the server the benefit of the doubt and believe she was culturally ignorant rather than racists...if the food was bad and the service slow on top of that then she is lucky all he did was stiff her on the tip. I hope she lost her job after posting pictures of his receipt on twitter.

-3 HS
bigDbuck's picture

He's a douchbag, prototypical loudmouth from the U. My usual standard when tipping is that could be a single parent doing the best they can.

+6 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

I waited tables for a couple years, so I know how hard it can be, but I hate that tipping has become mandatory. 

It sounds like he genuinely didn't like the service and was insulted by the waitress calling him a boy, and that's why he didn't tip, not because he was being cheap. I'm going to side with Sapp on this one.

+5 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I tip even if my steak is too rare and it took an extra 20 minute wait on my food and yadda yadda. The one time I didnt tip was when a server thought he would write his name(Cowboy Bob) and number on the receipt and hand it to my wife while I was in the bathroom. Lets just say I'll never be allowed back in the Texas Roadhouse on main st. in Hamilton,OH.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I wouldn't mind hearing how that situation went down....sounds entertaining

+5 HS
route4buckeye's picture

I go there all the time. One of my good friends is a waitress there.

route4buckeye's picture

GGroveport. I screen shot your post and sent it to my friend. She said he got fired for that. Just thought I'd let you know.

WhySoSerious's picture

Umm, not all waiters or waitress deserves tips. I'm sure money isn't his issue. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Maybe the fans of Tampa Bay should have asked for a refund of their ticket cost when his team lost. 

Classless Move 

+1 HS
logamaniac's picture

i cant tell what the sarcasm is here but you do know he won a SB in tampa right?

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I am well aware of the SB ring on his finger however in the 13 years of his NFL career with preseason, regular season and playoffs he was on the losing end quite a bit. Nothing more - nothing less. Maybe next time he should have left a tip and not pulled a jack wagon move. 

+1 HS
BierStube's picture
Warren gets clowned no matter where he goes ..

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

You know I really didn't need to see his mug on my screen

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

True .. but I did love CC's photobomb

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+1 HS

Jesus H Christ. Talk about a couple chromosomes away from running across the top of the rain forest.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-10 HS
Becool12's picture

The article said the waiter kept calling them boys and they felt insulted. They didn't even stay to watch the game. If a waiter insulted me several times, I would have done the same thing. You tip waiters and waitresses because of their service, not because you absolutely have to. 

+4 HS
luckynutz's picture

This may be a little off the topic of warren sapp, but its something Ive been dealing with for years and feel like ranting a bit.

Im a single father, working two jobs to support my daughter. Makes my schedule a bit hectic for sure...so most nights I take my daughter out to dinner. Usually right after I leave work, still in uniform. And I will watch servers pass me off to others because they think I wont tip, based on my appearance.

What they fail to realize is that I have been bartending now for 11 years, and worked in food service before that for 8. I understand what it is to work for tips, and that people can tend to be assholes to people in their position. Im not one of those people...i always tip. Even if ita bad service...I still throw them a bone because I have been in their shoes. Ive also never passed on a customer based on perception. Thats what pisses me off. I just got off work, where people treat me like they are better than me all day. I dont need it when Im trying to enjoy dinner with my child. I get the last laugh though...because I make sure to throw a little extra towards the server when this happens. To prove a point...snap judgements can be deceiving. I also make sure if I ever go there again and see that server, i ask to be sat anywhere but in their section. It may sound silly, but its my way of giving them the finger.

Like i said...a little off topic, but I wanted to get it out
/end rant

High 5 Lucky...You got my respect and I'm sure we all dealt with a situation like that in one capacity or another. If I'm a little dressed down because I'm in a rush and take the family out and experience the "hand off" to another usually "the newest" waiter. I make sure to leave them a 20 dollar bill usually on a under 60 tab. If its a place you frequent a lot you will notice a instant upgrade in service and wait time.

-1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

How do we know that the server didn't say "boys" in a folsky way? You know, the same way many of us might say "guys?"

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+3 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Kinda like Paula Dean would say it?

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

-3 HS
Norwalk's picture

Nah..she goes straight with the N-word.

-2 HS
Norwalk's picture

I assume she did which is why I believe she is ignorant..not racist.  As a worker in hospitality, it is her job to know how to treat people of all races respectfully. Calling an African American adult male "boy" isn't respectful...but it might be "folksy."

-4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

If you're gonna say that, then I must ask, what if they were white guys? Would it then be okay?

My point is, that a female server might say, "Hey, how you boys doing this evening?" As a server, I would always say, "gentlemen," however there were many female servers who would say boys b/c they thought it came of more flirty. That's all I am saying.

+1 HS
Norwalk's picture

Yep, it would be ok to call white guys boys. There isn't a history of racism associated with using the term "boy" to put a white man in his place. 

-4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

So, never heard anyone say, "white boy?" I have, when guys were shocked that I could start on our basketball team, and were trying to "put me in my place." So yeah, you're right, there's zero racism associated with that. We've gotten too sensitive.

I personally think everyone's reactions were ridiculous in this situation. And I am 100% opposed to putting anyone's receipt online. BTW, have you worked in the food service industry? Those people are treated like garbage by 75% of their customers. I managed in the industry, and spent nearly a decade in total working in it. Trust me, nothing will convince you more of the evil nature of man than working in the food service industry.

I am just saying that we shouldn't jump to all these conclusions regarding the situation. For all we know, she was joking, or trying to seem friendly, by saying boys. Maybe she wasn't Maybe Sapp overreacted. Maybe he didn't. Maybe EVERYONE is overreacting to every aspect of this story...yeah, they probably are.

+4 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

So, never heard anyone say, "I've got your boy, it's hanging." You can call me a lot of things, but "boy" isn't going to be one of them.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS

When me  and the fellows are having some drinks and watching a game or fight and my wife tries to cater us she uses that exact phrase all night in a cute lil voice "can I get you boys anything or do any of you boys need anything." Some people look for reasons to be pricks or offended.

+7 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

That's what happens when you blow through 80 million in NFL earnings and have to declare bankruptcy...  it didn't stop him from making a $100k bet on the Super Bowl a few months back, though. Maybe he should call Luther Campbell and see if he'll hook him up... just like college.

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+5 HS
sox33osu's picture

To give a bit more info -

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24604765/warren-sapp-tips-w...

"We were busy. I walked over to his table. It was him and one other guy and I said, 'Hey boys, what I can I get you to drink?' And he was like 'We're not boys. I'm a man,'" the waitress said. "I mean, saying 'Hey men, what do you want to drink?' sounds kind of weird, I think. I go with 'boys' a lot. It sounds more youthful." As for Sapp tweeting that he "left" because the server was horrible, the waitress disputes that too, saying that the former NFL defensive lineman stayed at the restaurant until well after the match. "He got there around 3:20 p.m... And he left probably an hour after [the match] and his service wasn't terrible," the waitress said, adding that Sapp "never complained."

Sounds to me like he was just being an ass. Guys that act like this clearly have some sort of masculinity complex. She's a frickin waitress dude, stop making yourself look like a prick. I hope any server that may ever have him reads this story. What an unnecessary dick. I'm sure him being a broke loser also played a part.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

She was CLEARLY putting them in their place. And it's easy for us to judge, b/c we were there.

-1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Do this much? 

-1 HS
cdub4's picture

Depends on the setting IMO. I have worked in the restaurant business for years. BW3 guys and boys are fine. Hyde Park Steakhouse it should be sir, miss, ladies gentlemen. Most experienced servers and bartenders can read their guests.

+2 HS
chirobuck's picture

I can't stand listening to that guy for more than 2 min.....him and Michael Irvin are just two great examples of the trash that comes out of "duh U" some of the loudest and most ignorant sounding humans on the planet

^ best post ever ^

+2 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

It's too bad really that shit like this gets aired all over the internet, You pissed off a customer and they stiffed you it happens, I do feel bad for those who work in the industry in the USA.  Here in Canada you get min wage then tips, alot of girls I know make around $9-10 an hour then tips, whereas in Vermont and New york it's something like 2.13 an hour, how can ppl make a living off that?

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

My girl does pretty well. She makes less than minimum wage (3 something) and works her ass off for tips.

+1 HS