Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Chris Clark not attending The Opening

jaxbuckeye's picture
June 30, 2014 at 10:43pm
30 Comments

Tweeted that he can't attend for "personal reasons".  Guess he won't be able to ask other recruits, "Why not Michigan?"  

jamesrbrown322's picture

But The Opening is dope, bro,.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+34 HS
bodast67's picture

Ha Ha, I saw what you did there JAMES...

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

I thought he loved the drive to and from Columbus...

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+6 HS
teddyballgame's picture

It's not safe out there.  Could get flipped.

+13 HS
cdkmike's picture

Hope we move own from this kid let him go to tunn.

Michael green

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

There has to be a villain up north. He's a good player but I would have thought he would have attended.

+1 HS
RenegadeBuckeye's picture

This is kinda like stalking a chick who almost went out with you once...let it go.

+7 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Both How To Train Your Dragon movies are vastly superior to Frozen (and any other animated movie ever), but I will literally always upvote any Frozen gif on this website.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-1 HS
KBonay's picture

I know two little girls that will strongly disagree with you!

+7 HS
TraSmith4's picture

yep my 7yo daughter just made me upvote you!

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I think we all know who's running that house Smith !!!!!!!!!!

+5 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

In all seriousness, as a 21 year old college student, How To Train Your Dragon 1 and 2 are both easily in my top ten movies of all-time, and I would do anything possible to become friends with a Night Fury. 

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

TraSmith4's picture

Seattle Linga yeah that's a foregone conclusion :) BadOwl I haven't seen the Dragon movies and I have no clue what a Night Fury is but you make it sound cool I will say that! 

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I highly suggest renting them, they're great for all ages. No songs in the first one, one song in the second one. It's about a viking kid who finds a dragon and it's insanely enjoyable. Incredible voice acting cast, too.

-1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture
(and any other animated movie ever)
Pffft!

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
osu407's picture

But I thought he wanted to recruit other elite players to Michigan during the opening...

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well there goes that idea...................

+4 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Committing to scUM devalued his stock.  Unvitation. 

+12 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

He doesnt want to compete on the highest level with the top athletes around the Country and be judged Bro. That wouldnt be Dope.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+8 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Now that was dope Gro

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+4 HS
Barnsey69's picture

It's his turn to follow Hoke around and tie his bib at the buffets. 

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Beat me to it, Barnsey. I was going to say that it's likely Hoke scheduled a barbeque RibFest the same day as The Opening, in order to turn up the heat on his somewhat-committed players. Who could resist a good barbeque?

+2 HS
1MechEng's picture

I thought hazing new recruits was against NCAA rules ...

+1 HS
Barnsey69's picture

_ichigan has rules? One must be to lose to OSU as much as possible....

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

Groveport_Buckeye's picture

I bet he doesn't even end up signing with um. 

BTBuckeye's picture

So awkward. Bunch of tOSU recruits and Michigan defecters at the opening

Bleacher Report article on UM from a few days ago....they are looking weak at the opening. Anyone have more info?

Naturally, Michigan has it eyes on the some of the participants—and there is a trio of potential Wolverines, and one who is committed, who are scheduled to attend: Chris Clark, a tight end (commit); George Campbell, a wide receiver; Justin Hilliard, a linebacker; and Matt Burrell, an offensive lineman. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Could be a lot of fun if Clark attends or it could be real AWKWARD for him.  

+1 HS
blazers34's picture

Sucks for him that he can't go. Hope everything is ok

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

If College Gameday is in Columbus for Ohio State TTUN this year, you best believe I'm going to have a sign that says "Ohio State is dope bro" and I just pray every 11Warrior watching gets a little giggle out of it.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+6 HS