Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Moment To Forget

Habu71's picture
June 29, 2014 at 11:03am
35 Comments

You have one and only one use of the Neuralyzer (from MIB) that erases moments from your memory. You may use it for any OSU football moment in the past. Realize, the moment will still have taken place for the rest of us, this is really only a cathartic measure for you personally. Which moment would you choose and why?

My 1st thought was the blown 15 point lead against Sparty in 1998 that ended what I believe would have been a National Championship run. But personally, more mentally damaging was the 28-0 terribleness that took place in Ann Arbor in 1993. I attended that train wreck, and everything from the end zone seats, thousands of people long lines at the port-o-johns (seemingly the only restroom option in that place), and being verbally abused on the way out was forgettable. Had I not been listening to BC beating ND on the drive back, I may have gone straight to some psyche ward and still be there. 

Knowing the room, I realize that some here may have already attempted to dissolve those memories by using "liquid amnesia" producing options. So just humor me if you will and pretend if that's the case. 

Go Bucks!

KBonay's picture

Right after Ginn returned the opening kickoff against Florida. Hit erase, then I at least have a happy memory of that debacle in the desert. 

+10 HS
TossTrap's picture

Yep, that's the one.

I was frustrated for months trying to find answers for why a great team flopped in the biggest game and on the biggest stage.

First and goal at the five and Arch is getting the ball.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Went to the game - stayed with friends in Anthem AZ and still have nightmares why we played so poorly. Funny thing is --- we met so many Gator fans and they were really really cool

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Of the fan bases I've encountered, I would have to say the University of Washington were the best. Both when they came here and there in Seattle. Followed by Texas. I can't say enough about how well we were taken care of in Seattle, before during and after the game. My least favorite were of course *ichigan, LSU and WVU. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That's awesome - next time the Buckeyes make it to Seattle - I'll be a buying the first round. 

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

and I'll be taking you up on that. 

Seattle Linga's picture

You got it and there are plenty of friends that love U-DUB - generally down to earth guys 

Habu71's picture

I tailgated with a group of U-DUB alumni, great people. They almost demanded that we come back and join them after the game. Then met up at the Fox Sports Zone downtown on Sunday, and pretty much stayed there till it was time to head to the airport. Great people in the great northwest. 

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

The hiring of John Cooper.

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I mean, if you're only forgetting his hiring, you'd still remember all of the Cooper years, only you'd be both sad and deeply confused. "Who is this man and why is he in charge of my football team?"

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+4 HS
Habu71's picture

A little late on the UV for you on this, but I've just gained the ability to do so. 

Habu71's picture

I think I'm going to need way more than one use of that thing. 

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

1978 Gator Bowl

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Sparty game with Saban as coach

osu07asu10's picture

The Florida game.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

1997 when Stanley Jackson under pressure panics and throws the ball right to a Michigan player.

warosu's picture

'97 '98 '06 '07 sorry need more than one use,plus the Cooper years

bigtenspeed's picture

96 michigan game. Had no business losing to that team.
97 PSU game. Some running back no one ever heard of ran all over us.
97 scUM game. Int in the endzone and panic pick 6. I do have to mention that Stan does a great job on 610 and BTN now.
05 texas game and dropped td.
07 fiesta
07 lsu
Last 30 seconds of 09 fiesta
Last few minutes of 09 USC. Loudest most excited crowd I've scene there. Should've reviewed that first USC td because running back was down.

In the words of Brady Quinn, "Now I'm done."

OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

Does it have to be one moment or one game?  Outside of recruiting news, I'd be happy about forgetting the entire off season.

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

Hovenaut's picture

I've come to terms with the disappointments of the 90's, as well as the BCS title game losses.

They'll always hurt, but I've moved on.

If I could have one experience back, it would be spending time with my Uncle Pete, who passed away seven years ago much too young at the age of 50. He was a big influence on me, a big reason why I'm as big a Buckeye fan today.

Instead of a moment to forget, I wish I could have gone home to Ohio to watch the '06 Game with him...it would have been fitting.

RIP, Pete.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
Habu71's picture

Nice touch Hov, thanks for that and I lift my glass to the memory of your Uncle Pete. "How firm thy friendship..."

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Appreciate it, Habu.

I didn't mean to venture off topic btw, I immediately thought of having a different experience altogether versus forgetting completely.

Great thread.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Ummm, yea. At last check I had like 1.2 helmet stickers. If someone with thousands wants to use my post to express a thought, not a peep from me. 

+1 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

MSU '98

"I'm having a heart attack!"

BassDropper's picture

This guy

DIRECTIONER

niblick's picture

98 michigan state and it aint even close

Knarcisi's picture

I'm gonna need a mulligan. 

DaveStephens's picture

My marriage.  (Caused me to miss a lot of OSU football)

The Dude abides.

Oyster's picture

The firing of Coach Bruce.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+1 HS
1MechEng's picture

1995 _ichigan Game - Tim Biakabatuka running for 300+ yards on something like 35+ carries. Ugh! Definitely need to erase that one.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

1980 Rose Bowl

Italics are for emphasis.

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

1998 MSU game because I was there and because I was there. I can't forget it, even as hard as I've tried.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I hear ya I was at the NCG in AZ when we played the Gators - Stupid "In N Out Burger"

+1 HS