63 Comments

Sweat is a 5* WDE ranked as the #4 player on ESPN out of Chesapeake, VA 

Oscar Frommel Smith High School

BierStube's picture

Larry Johnson feels the same way.

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+18 HS
JDunc686's picture

Larry Johnson coaching Larry Johnson is how a new Sun is born.

+22 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Good thing we "stole" LJ from PSU. Go get 'em!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+3 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

I'm sure he would love to be coached by mike vrabel too.. Sucks we lost him to the NFL but we couldn't ask for a better replacement. 

+9 HS
TCOB_6's picture

Hey, who's to say he won't have been coached by both some day?

+3 HS
kmp10's picture

I have no idea whatsoever how what you posted somehow merits being down voted by 4 people.

+4 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Just dying to see a recap article for his visit. Really wanna know where we stand with him now.. Could you imagine a haul of Sweat, Cornell, Jones, and Gallimore?!

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+8 HS
osu407's picture

I'm trying not to get my hopes too high on this one because if we don't land him it will make the awesome recruits we do sign somewhat less special.  With that mindset this sounds like recruit-speak which is like coach-speak for high school kids.  However, the other side of me can't help but be excited by the possibility of Johnson landing what could become his magnum opus by the time he declares for the draft after most likely three years.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Josh on one side, and Bosa on the other. 700 sacks for the 2015 season?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

total passing yards against: -15

+1 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

That's almost as good as UM's two-game rushing total last season.

+2 HS
Remington2323's picture

The talley mark for Josh Sweat threads = 7. 

Top 5 all time 11w thread records:

5) Drew Baker

4) Raekwon McMillan

3) Stefon Diggs

2) James Quick

1) Ryan "The Legend" Timmons

+23 HS
clogan1032's picture

Gibson is tied for 5

+3 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Anzalone should be on that list

+14 HS
cinserious's picture

Anzalone should TOP that list actually what with the pervert stalking incident and the almighty Dr. Anzalone's involvement.

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

Fire Fickell has had quite a few

+17 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Where's Nick Conner ranked? Top 10?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

What about Hilliard, or Hillard*?

I season my simple food with hunger

Nick_Satan's picture

I would say there were far more Mike Gesicki threads on here a while back.

I am German so english is not my first language. Even though grammar Nazi's like to point out my mistakes all the time. It makes them feel better about them self.

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Has the staff offered Timmons yet?

+6 HS
clogan1032's picture

Yes, but is it committable?  The competition he plays against isn't great.

+2 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Correction..Drew Barker..

-1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

Don't like em?  Don't read em.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Ok list, but Timmons shouldn't be #1, he's up there. Vonn Bell should absolutely be up there though, his recruitment was so up and down and lasted so long there were a billion.

Buck Commander's picture

Ohhhhhhh Shit that would be Nasty....Too nasty!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

+2 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

QUIT STEPPING ON MY SKULL SESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111 *bans everyone*

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

BierStube's picture

It's all good DJ, we are just practice posting for tomorrow's Skully anyway!

+1 HS
e135800's picture

I noticed that Josh has had a few twitter accounts hacked also.

1stYrBuckIClub's picture

Josh doesn't have any twitter/social media accounts, any accounts are fake accounts (according to a thread yesterday)

Barnsey69's picture

If that is true, I find it refreshing.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

Did Josh say that via Twitter?

theopulas's picture

Josh hasn't given any hint that he favors a school so far...love to know what he says after this visit....

Theopulas

EDUGOON's picture

He would be an excellent fit and IMO the biggest "Fish" in the class down the road. Sweat, Cornell, Jones sounds like Problems, Problems and Mo Problems. What crop that could be.

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

jamesrbrown322's picture

After ESPN editors read this tweet, they dropped him to 3 star.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+12 HS
Barnsey69's picture

He would be a first round pick in 3 years under LJ.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

gobucks96's picture

Are we sure he's not trying to steal LJ to another school?

s.pasadena fl's picture

Don't get tide up in all the recruit-speak. It really means nothing at this point! 

Ed Hopper

-3 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Means nothing until that dotten line is signed

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Me too, Josh, me too.

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
Eph97's picture

When Hilliard commits to us watch the dominoes start to fall. I have a feeling July is going to be VERY nice!

+1 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

So he's for sure coming here?

BuckeyeGroove's picture

I am 100% sure he is for sure coming here because I am also 100% sure that he already came here. 

And thanks

+1 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Haha touché. I meant committing though 

+1 HS
Max Power's picture

I'm sure Larry Johnson would love to coach him as well. I didnt think we had any chance of landing him a few weeks ago, but his statement shows that he is interested in the Bucks. Now its up to the staff to build on said interest. With Coach Meyer and Coach Johnson recruiting him, our chances are just as good as anyone. Gonna be hard for another school to top that recruiting duo.

His highlight tape is nothing short of remarkable. I can see why analysts are calling him to best defensive player since Clowney. Excellent speed and devastating tackling ability! He even has a one handed grab on offense. Elite athleticism at its finest. I really hope he ends up in Columbus. Regardless, he will be an exciting player to watch.

Seattle Linga's picture

Yes please all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

I don't know how many of you remember us losing guys to LJ over the past few years. Very often these were PA guys, but it seemed any time LJ sunk his teeth into them (Dorian Johnson, Thomas Holloway), they were goners. He may not have the sex appeal (for lack of a better phrase) that Vrabel had with his youth and Patriot experience, but on the recruiting circuit LJ is a bad, bad man and very often makes the kind of parent/mentor connections that almost nobody in college football really makes. We'll land a prized LJ recruit this year, mark my words.

+4 HS
Sabaneatspuppies's picture

Never thought I would see the words Larry Johnson and sex appeal in the same sentence 

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head"

+11 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

~~ He may not have the sex appeal (for lack of a better phrase)

I might have just gone with appeal.

+5 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Who is that Chick SoCal ?

Gooz-fra-bah...

SoCalBuck26's picture

Sophie Turner, you may also know her as Sansa Stark.  Smoking hotness.

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

She is smoking Hot! She looked a little different so I wasn't sure!! Thanks!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture

I don't know who she is but she can give me the Evil eye anytime she wants to. :)

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

hit_the_couch's picture

That would be pretty damn epic if he came here. Think how jealous not only the rest of CFB would be, but TSUN after their recruiting debacle last year.

"So that's how you pull a 5* DE out of Virginia. Take notes, guys."

-Brady '5th choice' Hoax' comments on recruiting tactics at 'Thee' Ohio State University.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+2 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Hilliard and Cornell mentioned recruiting him. What is the likelihood we could make a big move on this guy, or have we already with his visit? We didn't hear much. Staff?

osu407's picture

Per Birm:

The Ohio State visit last week went very well for Sweat and his family and they're in the conversation. He's a different type of dude, though, very quiet and not interested in all the pomp and circumstance. If the Buckeyes want to land him, it's about what's best for his future and his trust in the coaching staff; being friends with other recruits won't matter much.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2014/07/371...