Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

What does everyone think the odds are this year that we get back to the promises land like good old 2002?

BrutusBuck21's picture
June 26, 2014 at 4:17pm
41 Comments

It's going to be a lot tougher with the college playoff... Do we have a shot?

Seattle Linga's picture

IMO - we have a very good shot. I love the playoff much better than the old honks deciding who plays for the paper championship. We are a much stronger team offensively than the 02 team and by the end of the year our defense will be flying around making plays like the 02 season. As always - GO BUCKS  

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Always.

But I want the B1G back first. 

If the good guys are fortunate to survive week in and week out until January, I hope there's an SEC team (or two) in the mix.

Hate Week runneth over

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well said brother - first things first!!!!!!!

+1 HS
OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Will need to bring back this type of tenacity.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-10 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I think Ohio State can do that without blowing out someone's knee.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+6 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I'm not sure how anyone can be a fan of such a hit ever taking place. 

+6 HS
BroJim's picture

This was not in good taste. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+4 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Sorry, but never a fan of anyone tearing up their knee.

+4 HS
logamaniac's picture

Posting that makes you look like a scumbag

+2 HS

Makes me look like a scumbag? I got a box of mirrors for sale buddy it sounds like you might need a few for around the house.It should take a lot more then posting a "Clean" hit that helped us win a National title for another fan to go calling a buckeye brother a "scumbag". What you just did was way worse then me posting that gif.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-4 HS
logamaniac's picture

Posting that makes it seem as though you're celebrating the injury. Hence makes you look like a scumbag. Otherwise I would have simply stated that I think you're a scumbag

logamaniac's picture

Furthermore the fact you have to put clean in quotes shows me that you know it's a scumbag move

I think its much more of a scumbag move that you keep referring to a fellow Buckeye and fellow 11w as a scumbag. If  it would have been a dirty hit then it would be a different story.His leg bent back while not even being planted or even touching the  ground. But I'm sure that wonderful night in Arizona you were sitting up here.

-3 HS
logamaniac's picture

I don't know if you're too dense to comprehend or you're just looking to argue so I will try again to make it clear for you.  When you post that clip it makes you look like a scumbag that is celebrating an injury.  Going further into it when you defend the posting of the clip by using quotations around the word clean it signifies that you know that you posted a celebratory clip to with regards to that injury.  What one could have easily done, and gained a lot of adoration for probably, would be to post something like this instead:

Yea I'm not going to argue,It's fairly obvious who the scumbag is in this series of comments. Once again you look like a complete fucking idiot for trying to imply a fellow Buckeye and 11w as a scumbag. You trying to defend that is probably one of the biggest bitch moves I've see on here in awhile. Keep resorting to the name calling because I think it  kind of suits your prettier side.

-3 HS
logamaniac's picture

So you can say or post anything you like without any backlash criticism because we are both buckeye fans and 11w members?  And what name calling again where I said doing something makes your perceived as something else?  What goes on in your head anyways?

-1 HS
BrutusBuck21's picture

That is the most Painful GIF to watch.... But I love it!

"I don't like nice people. I like tough, honest people."
The great all knowing Hayes.

-9 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

There's nothing to love about that. It was a tragedy that a talent like Macgahee's could have been cut short on a play like that. Allen didn't strike me as the dirty type, to this day I will always believe that play was bad luck. That game was so good, it was tragic that one of its major players couldn't finish it. The only silver lining is that Willis was able to put together a pretty nice career after what could have been a career ender.

Do I come off as arrogant? Shame on me, I was hoping it would more obvious.

+10 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing Brewster.....I wouldn't wish this type of injury on my worst enemy.... besides terrorists rival.  

I don't think it was a dirty hit at all.  McGahee actually missed the stiff arm...and what's strange about this particular knee injury is his foot wasn't planted, he got hit above the knee and the force caused his knee to whip the wrong direction.  Usually you see where a guy has his foot planted and his knee gives out from the force of his own weight compounded with the force of an incoming helmet/shoulder.  

I can't stand graphic knee injuries....glad he made a good recovery.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+5 HS

Was nothing dirty about it at all. It was unfortunate no doubt. We need that fly up and sacrifice  everything mentality back with the silver bullets. As much as people want to rag  and cry about that play it probably won us the National title. It deflated that Miami squad.

-8 HS
BrutusBuck21's picture

Let me revise my comment. I love the intensity but know that fact that it blew his knee out is truly sad.

-1 HS
otrain2416's picture

I think there's a good chance but I'm it's dependent on two things: Can we replace 4 starters and get an OL together& can Braxton stay healthy and continue to improve as a passer. If those two things happen the rest will come together and I like our chances.

jeremytwoface's picture

You're welcome.....

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

Random thought, good discipline by the DB at the bottom of the screen not following the receiver and recognizing the RB was flaring out.

Last years team that RB is wide open for  a TD

BrutusBuck21's picture

Agreed. If Braxton gets hurt I think we could be dead in the water... Sad to say but I think he will be in a lot more passing situations which could help him stay healthy. Even if we give up a lot of pressure on passing plays, Braxton has the ability to escape like Andy Dufresnein in Shawshank. I do feel that the line is going to have the same result that 2012 had. Why? Two words Ed Warinner! 

-1 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

If the pass defensive takes a giant leap forward (like i think it will), the O line comes together (like it think it will), and Braxton isn't hurt during any tough games, then we wont lose to anyone!  But that is 3 ifs so...

-1 HS
Tampabuckeye85's picture

I think we have a great chance. There are something's that need to happen, but it's not like they are major issues. I do believe with the scheme change the defense will improve to the point we needed them to be last year to win the games we lost. The offensive line will be fine. It might not be last year's line but good enough to get the job done. Braxton staying healthy is a concern for everyone, but I think the coaches will beat it in his head to get down, get out of bounds or throw it away. Truthfully the unit that I say makes or breaks us is the WR's and their ability to do two things: get separation at the line and not drop the passes they should catch. With the talent we have replacing those we lost I say the issue will not be as bad. The final thing I think we have going for us is the major players this year will not be as good as there were the last two years. That may not be correct but it is what I think will get us to and ultimately win us the title.

-1 HS
blocko330's picture

I like your analysis TB, especially the part about Braxton throwing the ball away.... I'm not saying if there's pressure just toss it out of bounds but with his athleticism he should never be taking sacks.. if you feel the pressure make a move and if it's not there just throw that damn thing away!

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

-1 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

Returning QB at the height of his powers-check.

Bevy of skill players recruited to play in this system-check.

Head Coach who has been there and done that-check.

Defense-Maybe.

OSU has what it needs to make a run, simple as that.

Do I come off as arrogant? Shame on me, I was hoping it would more obvious.

allinosu's picture

If we can beat MSU at MSU, we can play with anyone.

-2 HS
BigZ's picture

It is going to be hell for anyone to win this thing now, no more paper championships. As for the Bucks, we will basically have to go 3-0 in the same situation we went 0-2 last year, and probably go 12-0 in the regular season for the 3rd straight year on top of that. Although if we stay healthy, I think Urbs will get us where we need to be to take it all!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-1 HS
logamaniac's picture

Well I don't see any chance the offense is as stagnant as it was at times for that 02 team. We don't even need the defense to be as good as it was in 02, just need them to be better. 

-1 HS
Mortc15's picture

If Chris Ash has the DB up to a solid level by midseason and beyond, and Braxton stays healthy, anything short of the playoff is a disappointment IMO. 

Im expecting a similar o line transition like 2 years ago, our skill players should be improved and the d line will be elite.

We were maybe one play from playing for the  title with an obviously flawed team. I think this one could be better. 

Buck-I4Life

-2 HS
DannyBeane's picture

It took me like two seconds to think of this when I read the title. 

-2 HS
DannyBeane's picture

What no Temple of Doom fans? I feel like Mola Ram outlined a pretty successful strategy for success.

KB3RG's picture

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/college-football-playoff-odds-june-7/

Florida State 11/2
Oregon 13/2
Alabama 7/1
Ohio State 10/1
Auburn 10/1
Oklahoma 15/1
UCLA 18/1
LSU 23/1
Georgia 25/1
Michigan State 25/1
Baylor 30/1
Wisconsin 30/1

+1 HS
Fort Seneca Steve's picture

Offensively - we are absolutely tops in the nation.  Next Heisman Trophy winner at QB.  It all comes down to the defensive side of the ball.  If the Silver Bullets have truly returned...The Ohio State University is a shoe in for National Champs.

Before there was Larry Bird, there was "Hondo" John Havilcek! The Pride of Martins Ferry, Ohio!

+1 HS
rosycheeks's picture

I thought this was about the USA in the World Cup.