Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Juice

Mizzillion's picture
June 26, 2014 at 9:10am
13 Comments
OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

I like it, I like it a lot.

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

+6 HS
KingsRite's picture

I like the concept but would prefer it on a normal baseball cap and not a snapback. I think snapbacks look goofy.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

Snapbacks were all we had growing up... (Dad collected farm hats - he has more than 3,000, including more than 300 John Deere editions. Crazy, yes, but it was pretty cool, too.)

+3 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Snapbacks were all we had growing up...

Grandpa Andy, tell us again about the time before cell phones!

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

+5 HS
AndyVance's picture

I remember dial up, ICQ and cell phones that came in bags... It was damn near the dark ages.

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I grew up on ICQ. I still hear "uh-oh" in my sleep at times. And the sound of a closing door haunts me. 

+1 HS
OH_IO's picture

ICQ....

I blame my not knowing what this is on being a child of the 90's.

Oh yeah... Is it reasonable?

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I still have the snapback John Deere hat my grandfather wore the day before he passed away. He was undergoing chemo and afterward he mowed his lawn on his riding mower wearing that hat. Passed the next morning. Impossible for me not to think about him when I see those style hats. :)

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

Dad's worn a John Deere hat of one form or another every day of my life. Funny story - Dad leads a group of guys on a trip to Las Vegas every year in February. One year, my Little Brother decided that we should have an easy way of finding one another in a crowd, so he (also being a Deere-hat wearer and real-life JD mechanic) got all of us bright yellow John Deere hats. We definitely could spot one another across a gaming floor or on Fremont Street, and moreover we were stopped by SO MANY people wanting to know where they could get one of those hats. It was great fun.

+1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Interestingly enough, I've hit Vegas twice a year every year since 2011 and I have seen bright yellow John Deere hats on Freemont Street before. You guys are famous!

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture

I don't mind the snap portion on the back. It's the ridiculously large rounded brim that I can't stand on these modern caps. I'm a fold the brim down kind of a guy. 

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+7 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Amen! I prefer to stick with the "not so hip" style..

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I actually like it - trendy

+3 HS