Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Hilarious Tim Brando tweet

TheBadOwl's picture
June 20, 2014 at 11:30am
48 Comments

Worth noting that his next tweet was about his radio show and asking for callers. This is such a great troll attempt that I'm not even mad. I just think this is hilarious.

YTOWNBUCKI's picture

May I ask why in the hell you follow Tim Brando?  If it's for comedic purposes, I'm OK with it.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I don't, the /r/cfb twitter retweeted it.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
Crimson's picture

I thought UCLA only played basketball these days.

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I would say Tim Brando's smoking crack but that would be an insult to those who actually do smoke crack.

+14 HS
Hovenaut's picture

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+14 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

The number of fans/teams trolled in this is teetering on the impossible

Read my entire screen name....

+4 HS
Mortc15's picture

Can't say I'm mad. Let the talking heads all say the same thing and give UFM the chance to show them to the players. Perfect motivation, especially for the o line and DBs who everyone is saying are the weak links on the team. 

Just ready for the season to kick off! 

Buck-I4Life

+2 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

We all know SC starts the season high, falls, and somehow ends up near the top 10 at seasons end, even with 4 losses.

Besides, the QB and Coach I couldn't name another UCLA player.

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Myles Jack....you are very welcome

EDIT: Didnt see the other comment,but mine is better

UFM_Renewal

HotSauceCommittee's picture

We all know SC starts the season high, falls, and somehow ends up near the top 10 at seasons end, even with 4 losses.

Besides, the QB and Coach I couldn't name another UCLA player.

Mortc15's picture

Not even Myles Jack? Kid is as legit as they come. 2-way player that contributes a lot on both sides of the ball. I do get your point though. 

Buck-I4Life

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Time to head over to the UCLA boards to see the inevitable thread taking this seriously.

+2 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Honestly, I wouldn't say this is bad just because it doesn't look like other preseason polls.... But yeah.... This is awful.

BUCKfutter's picture

Having UCLA at 1, south carolina at 5, and baylor at 6 is actually more egregious than not having us in the top 10

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+14 HS
mh277907's picture

I do think that UCLA will be quite a good team this year. Possibly playing for the Pac 12 title thus potentially playing for a playoff seed. And FSU and Oklahoma should both be very competitive. I am a little surprised he has Bama at 7. Until they prove otherwise, they should probably be in the top-5. MSU will be tough but they lost a whole bunch on that defense. I would put them in the 9-12 range but it is hard to argue that they don't deserve to be at 4. Ol' Ball Coach for some reason gets more and more credit each and every year that he goes 10-2 and plays in the Capital One bowl. Baylor and Oregon will be fun to watch but have proven that they can be exposed against bigger more powerful teams. I have no idea what he sees in Wisconsin that warrants a top-10 ranking.

All in all, I don't think his list is that crazy. Leaving OSU out of the top-10, though I believe they should be in the top-10, is understandable. We lose 80% of our offensive line and our defense was one of the worst in the country last year. It is easy for us Ohio State fans to say that the coaching changes on the defensive side of the ball will cure the defense and that Ed Warriner will have the offensive line playing like the best unit in the country but from an outsider's prospective I can understand why he is hesitant to say so.

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+12 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

I always have LSU in my pre-season top 10. Ain't gonna lie, I like Les Miles. Dude is f-ing bat sh*t crazy.

UCLA? wut? Not buying that bologna

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

It must be real tough to try and do your job Timmy B when your sole purpose is to try and get ratings. 

+1 HS
Katzfan's picture

FWIW, he does go on to say (I heard him on the radio) this is where he thinks these teams will END UP after the last game is played.  He's taking into account all conference championship games and such.  I can't stand the guy personally, I think he's a BIG TIME narcissist and I still think he's "high" but his job is to generate "talk" which is what we are all doing now so....He's got that going for him...

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got nine guys who better go do it again. Do it a little harder next time." -- Urban Frank Meyer  -- I LOVE THIS DUDE!! :)

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

That's pretty dumb. Why say it's his "Preseason" top 10 if it's really his "Preseason top 10 picks for the top 10 at the end of the season"?

If in fact it is his end of the season picks, the one thing I do like is that it leaves an SEC team out of the first playoff.

+1 HS
LouBuck35's picture

That might even be worse because by that logic he has UCLA winning the national title? In football?!?

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

UCLA is going to be a very strong team this year no doubt. I would have to look at their schedule but I would say they are a dark horse and a legit top 10 team.They started 3 freshmen on the OLine and had a very young team last year. Their QB has a shot at a Heisman and  a shot at the #1 overall draft pick. And this is all coming from a person that despises the L.A. teams.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

LouBuck35's picture

I don't disagree with anything you've said.  BUT...I think there are a lot of teams that need to trip up for UCLA to get into the playoff and then win two games.  But again, we are talking Tim Brando and he is bat shit crazy.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

UCLA has a strong QB, but he is not elite IMO. If he was, he'd be in the NFL. He has some work to do. Against the only teams they faced last year with a defense (USC, Stanford, Oregon), he averaged 154 yards passing with a 2:4 TD/INT ratio overall. 

They were a young team, but there are also a lot of other teams with more talent returning (our Buckeyes, for example), so having them at #1 is just simply a way to get people to talk about it's ridiculousness.

KBonay's picture

Schedule is favorable.  Texas in Arlington 'should' be a tough opponent, but not lately.  They get Arizona, USC, Oregon & Stanford all at home.

http://www.uclabruins.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30500&SPID=126913&S...

See with that favorable home schedule I could see them splitting with Oregon and Stanford and maybe winning the conference with 1-loss. I do not think it is realistic that they  actually win a National Championship but I do believe they have  a chance to make the playoff. For the record their QB was supposedly graded as a first round pick last draft similar to Marcus Marriota. Both returned to improve their flaws and chase a title. 

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

2014 UCLA has 2002 Washington St. written all over it.

+1 HS

2002 Washington St. loss one conference game in triple OT. We beat their ass in the Shoe and Oklahoma stomped them out in the Rose Bowl.UCLA isnt even a consensus favorite in their conference. Oregon and Stanford are the top dogs. Not sure I get your comparison because that Washington St. team was picked by everyone to be the best Pac-10  team.

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Opinions are like Tim Brandos...

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+7 HS
brunstar's picture

Who is Tim Brando?  Why should I care what he thinks?

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

He's perfect for the espin crew

+2 HS
808buckeye's picture

Him and mike bianci.. Everything bad is it Urbans fault.. Global Warming? Urban Meyer did it 

A Cat Named Pickles

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

He is such a tool. He gets on local C-Bus radio and claims he doesn't troll the fan base. Yeah right Timmy. SMH

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

The only time the word incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when its spelled incorrectly

UFM_Renewal