Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Good news on recruiting

ab1993's picture
June 17, 2014 at 5:24pm
89 Comments

I can't go into detail, but expect good news about one of this sites most loved recruits.

Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Is saying that you can't say anything actually saying something?

Read my entire screen name....

+11 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

why not? 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

BengalErnst's picture

I'm guessing nick Conner just got offered.

Nicholas l Ernst

+4 HS
flying-banana's picture

Assuming this is true I have to take a guess and say you're definitely referring to Torrance Gibson. In my perusing of ElevenWarriors I can say without a shadow of a doubt everyone on here loves that kid especially​ how good he is with media relations. The general consensus here is obviously skewed towards a desire for an athlete who can play quarterback.

+4 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

OSU moved back into his "Top 102"?

+21 HS
LouGroza's picture

Sorry, but what is the purpose of the post? Are you talking about football, basketball or futbol, maybe? Will we know today, next week, next month, signing day? If it is football, it would have to be Connor or Clark or Hilliard or Harris or ...

+7 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Ryan Timmons committed?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+32 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Where has Waycracken gone?

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+5 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Kentucky, evidently.

+2 HS
Northbrook's picture

Yes, I too cannot go into specifics, but expect more bad news about Iraq.

+26 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

So very close to our no politics rule, yet so funny.

Let's not ruin this comment by blaming anything in Iraq on Bush or Obama.

buckguyfan1's picture

My lips are bleeding. 

+2 HS

Let's not ruin this comment by blaming anything in Iraq on Bush or Obama.

What about Fickell?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+27 HS
osu07asu10's picture

**Cue comment from Earle**...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Can we blame EVERYONE?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+4 HS
Crimson's picture

What, we can't even ruin comments anymore?  #ThanksObama

If this violates a site policy, site policies need to change.  Hilarious.

+9 HS
Northbrook's picture

Oh no, I was never going there. I fully support that stance even though I may have gone too far before.

+2 HS
BuckToAsT's picture

I fat fingered.  Obviously I fixed it myself, but I miss fat-fingering.

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

What's really sad is I JUST got a smart phone, and for the first time I actually fat-fingered someone, but then I corrected it. I never got the whole "sorry! I fat-fingered you!" until a couple weeks ago.

703Buckeye's picture

"Good news on recruiting" should be in the recruiting forum.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+2 HS
Brutus' Left Nut's picture

I don't want to betray my source by saying any more, but a defensive lineman will commit to the Buckeyes before NSD.

+16 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I'm sure your source is a janitor at OSU who has a cousin that played football in high school with a dude that dated Justin Hilliard's mom for two weeks(back in HS)?

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Peppers realized he made a HUGE mistake?

+7 HS
Hovenaut's picture

This is almost 9Route-ish.

+19 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Doesn't quite have the panache and theatre of 9er...

+4 HS
Hovenaut's picture

This is true...

+2 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Hove beat us to the 9Route comment. First thing I thought, too :)

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+2 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

I don't trust good news unless it's from 11w's top inside man 9route

+11 HS

The Jeff Greene thread was a masterpiece. XD

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

My guess is Nick Conner.

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Most loved?

Gotta be Jayru!

LEBRON

+11 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I heard on WJR 760am in Detroit that Jayru is going away for 60 days and that his schollie to MSU has been revoked. Don't know if it's been posted anywhere else on 11W.

otrain2416's picture

No offense Ab1993, these threads are pointless unless you reveal what you heard. Everyone appreciates recruiting info and works together as a team on 11W to provide the community with good info. I understand people might know recruits on a personal level and may be asked not to say anything, but if they ask you politely to not say anything it means these posts too. Whether you know something or not this post is the equivalent of this:

+10 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Pointless like your comment?

-4 HS

How is it pointless? There could be a squirrel out there that was looking for ways to escape dogs. He might have saved a life.

+8 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I'm pro squirrel!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+9 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

This gif is great

teddyballgame's picture

I also have some very good news...

I just saved a ton of money on car insurance by switching to Geico.

+15 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Oh yeah? Well...did you hear that fat guys make terrible football coaches?

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

I just saved a ton of money on car insurance by switching to Geico.

That's great and all, but did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

OSUpawn's picture

I have a great idea........  

Crap I forgot it......

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+5 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Hope its pertaining to Justin Hilliard.

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Basically the staff has already mentioned some good things could happen with all the visitors and our camp. Without mentioning what or who you are basically taking a blind stab in the dark and will probably want some type of credit for it like you called it. Old and tired tactic,we are above that here.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Lawver_5's picture

To be fair, I've seen multiple things on twitter saying that there is good news on the way. I think he had good intentions when he wrote this post, but I agree with others that this post is kinda pointless until we have more information. I would at least want to know who the news is about

How does the crow taste?

But really everyone wins here.  Connor could be a great one. 

-1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Wow really like your source knows your 11w screen name anyway

O'Deez330
stark county football

+2 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Birm just CBed Conner to OSU.

+19 HS
Lawver_5's picture

Good catch guys!

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Finally!!!!!!!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+2 HS
LouGroza's picture

Jeremy CB'd Connor to OSU at 4:52 pm today. Must be him. Beat me to it AHH. Damn, I guess YOU GET CREDIT for the breaking news.

+7 HS
ab1993's picture

Everyone can chill, from what I'm hearing the news won't be coming tonight most likely. Probably tomorrow. Hopefully this update was more useful than my original post

-3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

The forum topic has been very useful. It allowed AHH and LOU to post actual information about Conner and NORTHBROOK knocked his Iraq quip out of the park...

+9 HS
lsjSnail's picture

Makes thread generating hype....tells everyone to chill after not actually giving out any info.

+9 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Whatever the truth is .................. we will find out here on this site ..................... FIRST

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

They slow play Conner this long and then offer him? Does this mean they don't feel confident on another LB (SKL, Baker) or do they plan on taking three, maybe four? 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

-2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Well I'd like to think that they never settle or compromise...so maybe he just improved a lot.

+1 HS
rampageripster's picture

Considering SKL is currently committed somewhere else....

Cause I couldn't go for three

+13 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Yes, I know this. So since he committed that means the staff won't continue to go after him? Especially since all the reports were that he was/is being pushed to FSU when his clear favorite for months was Ohio State? All FSU got was a guarantee that their in his top 3.

Didn't know that once you committed somewhere, there's a gentleman's agreement among all CFB coaches that you can no longer recruit said kid. If there is then Urban has pissed alooot of people off. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

-3 HS
rampageripster's picture

No need to get condescending... You used the language "confident" and I was pointing out that it is probably difficult for a staff to feel confident if that recruit just committed to another school.  It's not the end of the recruitment, but it's a solid sign to look at other options.

Cause I couldn't go for three

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

ESPECIALLY when that kid commits to the in-state major school that just won a National Championship and Heisman Trophy...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

I think after the Elite 11 and camping today he's proven himself worthy of an offer. If in fact this is about Conner which seems to be the case. I doubt it has any bearing on feeling they may miss on other recruits. 

Groveport Heisman's picture

I'd take Baker,Hilliard,and Conner from Ohio and call that a stand up triple for LB recruiting in 2014.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I was hoping that it was D'Angelo Russell coming to campus and getting things cleared up with NCAA...

+5 HS
LouGroza's picture

Jordan just CB'd Connor as well.

+3 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Conner must have been offered.

Buck Commander's picture

Hilliard and Harris and Connor and Settle and Waller and Gibson and Baker and JAYRU all committed?????? WTF?

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+7 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I'd prefer that it was good news re: Kirk, Harris, or Hilliard. However, if it is good news about Conner, then good for him. I know that it is something that he's wanted for a while, and if still wants in, I think we'd all love to have him.

+1 HS
makearuckus's picture

kirk and clark burrow all visting today , right?

"Woody's style was strength-on-strength, will-on-will, toughness-on-toughness." Woody's philosophy was, "I will pound you and pound you until you quit."

+1 HS
SoccerTodd4osu3's picture

Conner to the good guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Ohhhhhhhh, I can't wait to be an asshole and say "insert name here" sucks and we shouldn't have offered him!!!!!

+3 HS
SoccerTodd4osu3's picture

Darron Lee ‏@DLeeMG8  2m

I told you , you belonged here ...@NickConner11

Steve Helwagen ‏@SteveHelwagen  7m

Our @Bill_Kurelic working to confirm that Dublin Scioto LB @NickConner11 verbaled to OSU at camp today

Clayton Colvin ‏@claytoncolvin23  14m

Congrats to @NickConner11 for committing to OSU!

+2 HS
makearuckus's picture

Congrats to @NickConner11 for committing to OSU! his friends are tweeting. sry beat me too it,

"Woody's style was strength-on-strength, will-on-will, toughness-on-toughness." Woody's philosophy was, "I will pound you and pound you until you quit."

blazers34's picture

Birms silence regarding his crystal ball prediction of Conner to the good guys reeks of having respect for the kid (like always) and letting him announce that he committed when he's ready. 

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Several people now tweeting that Conner committed. 

Would have been nice to hold off and let the kid announce it. I wonder if they'll deny it until tomorrow when he announces.

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

It was Conner. We wanted to make sure to respect his wishes. 

jamesrbrown322's picture

So....Waller next, right?

+7 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I have to admit it, this thread delivered.

+7 HS
sharks's picture

Topic creator was right, needs a round of upvotes from everyone. 

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+6 HS

Yep.  Funny how everyone was so quick to dismiss the OP.  As with everything, you've got to take this stuff with a grain of salt, but it doesn't mean we have to tar and feather the OP.  Anyway, great commitment and the class is shaping up nicely.

hspbuy1's picture

Welcome aboard Nick!

hspbuy1

Nick Conner

That eliminates 10 new threads per week. Now to get Hilliard, Kirk, Harris, and Clark so we can eliminate 100 more.

+6 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

At least we'll still have the "Offer Waller" and "What did Torrence Gibson Say Today?" threads.

+5 HS