Urban Talking to Players at SMSB

Gray Box's picture
June 13, 2014 at 2:42pm
16 Comments

Urban Meyer SoundMind SoundBody 6-12-14:

Gray Box's picture

Urban Meyer and Qamar Hasan at SMSB:

Furious George 27's picture

What makes this different than when Franklin announced he was going to camps in Georgia? I am pretty sure we have sent coaches to out of state camps before right?

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

cdub4's picture

It isn't different. Not sure what your question is. The SEC doesn't allow coaches to travel past a certain distance for camps.

+1 HS
Furious George 27's picture

It was in response to the big deal that the SEC made with Franklin going to camps....l I was trying to figure if he was doing something we were not.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

JDunc686's picture

They were more mad about what Franklin was doing because he is "trespassin' on ther' turritory"

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

From what I understand, Franklin and other PSU coaches are working the camps, doing the drills, coaching the players up, etc. not just speaking to the kids.They are "guest facilitators" at camps put on at other universities, so it's basically a PSU camp in another state. 

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

The SEC has a mile radius rule in place it's not an NCAA rule and the B1G has no such rule. B1G coaches could go to camps in Antarctica if they wanted to. The SEC coaches got their panties in a bunch about their own rule and were upset that other conferences didn't have a similar rule. I'm sure they will repeal their own rule sooner than later so that they can do exactly what Franklin was doing to them. Notre Dame does it as well and I wouldn't be shocked to see Urban at camps down south next year with Franklin.

Mortc15's picture

I think the sec is more likely to try to change the NCAA to a mile radius than repeal their own. That would keep northern teams from invading their territory at all. Easier to repeal their own but the NCAA is a fraud system anyway now so they could probably make that happen. 

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

I agree with you M15 I think that will be the first thing they try and make happen! It just sounds like them to do exactly that. I don't however see how they would ever win that vote when a couple of their own coaches have openly criticized it and just about every coach outside of the SEC is in favor of no such restrictions. Will be interesting to see what happens. I know anytime Saban and his buddy Emmert get together things can get real shady.

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

Thanks for sharing this, GB; really interesting to see Coach at work, and how he works an audience. Good stuff.

hetuck's picture

I heard Jackie Sherrill on Brando's show talk about this. The SEC coaches started conducting camps around the south in the late 80's. As it started to get out of hand, they put the 50-mile limit in place to stop escalation.  

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

Seattle Linga's picture

It never gets old listening to coach speak

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture

#Creeper

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Looking at this picture Gray makes me feel so UNCOMFORTABLE 

bedheadjc's picture

"Hey. Hey. I got some donuts in the car if you're interested.......'cause I'M interested."

+1 HS