Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Michigan State Away This Year

blocko330's picture
June 12, 2014 at 8:59am
26 Comments

I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I was just curious if anyone knew why we played them away in '12, didn't play them in the regular season last year, and this year we're away again??  I was under the assumption the location rotates.  Thoughts anyone.......

GoBucks713's picture

The addition of two new teams to the B1G this year forced some games to be played out of a home and home alternating cycle.

-The Aristocrats!

+5 HS
blocko330's picture

Thanks for the quick note!

+1 HS
GoBucks713's picture

No problem brother.

-The Aristocrats!

Byaaaahhh's picture

We play MSU away this year? ...Yikes.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Dont feel bad *ichigan is traveling there for their second year straight. Completely unfair.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
MichaelJ721984's picture

In all honesty, they could be playing in Ann Arbor (who indeed is a whore) & Sparty would still throttle them bums this year.

+8 HS

They could play the game in Dave Brandons back yard and MSU would still demolish them. Just saying imagine us having to travel to the "Out House" 2 years straight. I'd pretty pissed. I refuse to travel to Ann Whorebor.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
kholmes's picture

There was alot of this due to the additions this year...this year Michigan plays MSU and NW on road for second year in a row while facing both Minnesota and Indiana at home for the second straight year.

+3 HS
BROSEPH's picture

Michigan's home slate this season is one of the worst in their history probably.  

+1 HS
kholmes's picture

Yeah..not the best year for B1G to make Michigan play MSU on road for second year in a row. That one change alone would have reduced a decent amount of the whining about the home schedule and ticket prices. Result is home schedule in 2015 will be good as MSU/OSU both in ANn Arbor then (along with Ore St, BYU, NW, UNLV, and Rutgers).

+2 HS
warrenp33's picture

Two years in a row seems unfair until you look at their first 50 meetings and see 44 of them were played in AA

IH8UOFM's picture

I'll be there. Very curious how many OSU fans will be in attendance.

+2 HS

If MSU can find a way to squeak out a win in Eugene against a loaded Oregon team,and providing we take care of business up to that point.I'll drive a car load of us up to East Lansing and the party will be on. Would be two top 5 teams fighting for more then just a shot at the first playoff.

+3 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

This is what I was thinking. Definitely College Gameday material as well as the biggest conference game in quite awhile.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

My Prius fits 2 comfortably if anyone needs a ride.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS

Prius, Well fuck where are we going to fit the beer? Rent a pull behind from Uhaul maybe.

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

If you put your legs out the window maybe we can fit a can or two on the floor. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

If you put your legs out the window maybe we can fit a can or two on the floor. 

This sounds wrong if you only read this post. lol

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Humbuck's picture

It will be a struggle to win at Autzen but MSU's D is Oregon's kryptonite.  Oregon has major problems with teams who play smashmouth D. 

Michigan State has to win this game to maintain any B1G credibility.  It won't give the conference more cred but a loss would turn us into a collective pumpkin early in the season. 

ab1993's picture

My buddy's dad is an MSU fan and gets tickets from a client and I'm lucky enough to be getting one of those so I'll definitely be there.

Class of '16

+2 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

I've been really excited for this game as of late! I'm excited to see how our O-Line and our D can stand up to their physical nature. The good thing is if we do happen to get overpowered we have the speed to compensate for it. 

Most importantly I want us to prove to everybody that the Buckeyes are the best in the B1G and possibly the country. MSU started talk that they're the dominant team in the conference, when in reality they had like 1 solid year.

+3 HS
MacG91's picture

It is because of the conference realignments. Everything reset pretty much that wasn't OSU-TTUN.

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

This is a big boy, big deal game. Beating them in East Lansing will help us in the polls.

+3 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

It will really suck beating them in their house.

Damonbuckeye's picture

What I don't understand is why almost every good team we play gets an extra week to prepare for tOSU in conference play???

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Jackwagons jacking us on the schedules