Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Being a jerk to a UM fan

MordenoftheSith's picture
June 5, 2014 at 11:28am
20 Comments

Today at work I asked a known DLOL fan what time it was.  He told me "11:22" and I promptly added "...and Michigan still sucks, right?" with no response.  It almost spoils the fun when they don't expect it and walk right into your trap... almost.

IH8UOFM's picture

I'm sure he was thinking of context to use the word "cheater". 

+3 HS
GoBucks713's picture

I saw the whole thing. George had a little grin on his face afterward. He knew he got burned. And IH8, he's a rational scUMmer. He thought it was just as dumb for trading their own property for money causing a violation as I do for scUM getting hit for 15 minutes of stretching.

-The Aristocrats!

+3 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Actually, they got hit for more than just 15 minutes of stretching. THey had 5 major violations: extra coaches and other things. I guess the grand scheme was a little ridiculous though.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

OSUpawn's picture

You should tell him "we're gonna need to go ahead and move you into storage."  "We got some tOSU fans coming in and we need all the space we can get."  "That would be terrific, Ok?"

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Sometimes the game of life is just too easy.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

You're not a jerk. It's just a needed reminder.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
sivaDavis's picture

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
blu.fan's picture

MordenoftheSith, your pithy, succinct wit and fandom are outstanding. You, sir, are a wonderful example of an OSU fan. My hat is off to you. I am sure your eloquence was appreciated by said skunk bear. You left a Michigan fan speechless, with no response. After all, what could he say to such brilliant repartee? The next time I have a drink, I'll tip my glass in memory of your cleverness. For Buckeyes everywhere, you epitomize that difficult to define "je ne se quoi," that essence of all that is of THE Ohio State University. I too, smile as I contemplate your recent verbal exchange. Please, continue your endearing interactions with your Michigan fan co-workers. It underscores and highlights the beauty and brilliance of Ohio State.

+3 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

Likewise, you seem very proud of this response, for some reason. The search for UM victories continues, even small ones.

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

+4 HS
GoBucks713's picture

This post would have been exponentially better if you would have used sarcasm font, Blu.

-The Aristocrats!

+2 HS
nm_buck's picture

you couldn't tell?

Groveport Heisman's picture

Usually a simple.."Scoreboard" does enough to leave them gasping for breath.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

They say a broken clock is right twice a day.  But saying TTUN sucks at a certain time is right all the time, even if the time you stated is wrong.

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
sox33osu's picture

You don't even have to be using numbers. "It's lantern:asparagus and michigan still sucks" is perfectly acceptable.

GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

I'm always nice to Michigan fans for the most part. I know how shitty they were to me as a kid (cooper era), so I figured being polite and humble while we continue to own them is the way to go. I'm very superstitious, but so far being the better person when talking football with a sun and blue fan has worked well. I don't want to jinx it.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+2 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture

Guy at work is a genuinely nice dude.  The only problem is 1) UM fan and 2) Likes to bring up Coop.  I dig very little, but when I do, it's clever.

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

halfmile78's picture

Generally, I'm nice to Scum fans, makes me feel I'm the bigger person because of that. And I've actually seen a few Scum fans turn from the dark side and become OSU fans. The worm is turning. Used to be cool to be a Wolves fan. Not anymore.

Halfmile78

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

"...And I've actually seen a few Scum fans turn from the dark side and become OSU fans"

One of my favorite things to see ever.