Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Curtis Samuel Among Fastest Players in CFB per NFL.COM

thatlillefty's picture
June 3, 2014 at 1:02pm
32 Comments

Kid hasn't even seen the field but NFL.com's Bryan Fischer has Curtis Samuel pegged as the eleventh fastest player in college football based on his HS track times and solid performance at The Opening last summer.

Note, Samuel was among several underclassmen included on this list. And while it's obviously inexact and subjective... hey, it's the offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000355033/14-for-14-fastest-player...

Go bucks!

WezBuck28's picture

Is it September yet!?!?

Killer nuts's picture

Raheem Mostert from Purdue is number 1? Here's what EZE thinks of him

+38 HS
Jdadams01's picture

I love how EZE comes out of nowhere and seems to be flying at an inhuman speed.

+6 HS
sox33osu's picture

"I love how EZE comes out of nowhere and seems to be flying at an inhuman speed."

Yeah, seems to be...

+2 HS
Posterchild's picture

I can't stop thinking about the c'mon man with the cheerleader in the background. EzE went beast mode on this dude.

+3 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Ramzy had this video posted on YouTube.

C'mon man.

+1 HS
BuckChoi's picture

the best c'mon man ever!

+4 HS
Osurrt's picture

And what I love about that effort from Eze? The score was 49-0 when he was putting out that effort! That is an intense, passionate young man.

Osurrt's picture

Sorry...double posting

Osurrt's picture

One of my favorite 2013 clips. I was seriously waiting for the ball carrier to come out of his cleats on the hit.

Buckabroad's picture

Curtis Samuel is worth more than his weight in gold. Great speed, even when shifting directions. His humility, discipline and intelligence, however, are what will make him a great Buckeye for years to come.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

+7 HS
TraSmith4's picture

If it were an ESPN article at least 12 of them would have been from the SEC instead of just 3. 

+1 HS
sharks's picture

Is Samuel even the fastest on the team?  With Doran Grant, Dontre Wilson, P. Campbell,  and James Clark, is he even top 3?

Serious jets this year.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+6 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Too bad even our fastest players just can't compete with SEC speed...

+7 HS
otrain2416's picture

Completely agree Sharks. I would definitely put him in the top 5 fastest on our team, but he may not be number 1. 

SilverBullet-98's picture

Don't forget McLaurin isn't to shabby either running 4.4 at The Opening and being timed in the 4.3's other times.

"The Past Builds the Future"

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Can't wait to see Jimmy Clark fly down that field this fall, he's kind of been forgotten.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Everyone's talking about Mike Thomas, Corey Smith and Jalin Marshall, but James Clark was the only receiver in last year's recruiting class that wasn't redshirted. Definitely slept on.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+7 HS
Gametime's picture

Yea, it's too bad he got injured. I can't wait to see Clark, Run TMC, Samuel, Wilson, Marshall, & Smith rotating out. I think that's also another underrated strategy - rotating the WR/DB corps to keep them fresh too.

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+2 HS
Jbucks's picture

An Optionized Diamond formation should be used this year with all this speed with Wilson, Samuel, EZE behind X-Brax, that would be our unstoppable Flying V Formation (yeah I went D2 with that reference)

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+3 HS
d5k's picture

Is the QB-step-forward-then-jump-pass the knuckle puck in that metaphor?

Not sure how you make a V out of a diamond but I'll give you a C+ for effort.

+1 HS
Jbucks's picture

u snap it to X-Brax have Wilson run end around (1st option) then Braxton can run it to the outside, followed by EZE & Samuel for a pitch back to either inside or outside which would give u a ^ formation or you can hand off to say Wilson & have EZE & Samuel Blocking in the front giving u a "V" formation... the knuckle puck is only in play for red zone situations. haha

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

BroJim's picture

This is a good thing. 

Nice JBucks!

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Where did Malcolm Branson rank?

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

Seattle Linga's picture

EZE makes me smile and so proud on that flying tackle. Dude is still feeling it from Purdon't.

+1 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Urban Meyer has really infused speed into this team, this team is lightning fast!!!

"The Past Builds the Future"

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

There will definetly be some broken ankles for our opponents this season. 

CentralFloridaBuckeye's picture

He's got Buckeye speed! 

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

As far as I'm concerned SEC speed died when Bert and Saban lobbied to slow down the no huddle offense.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed 1000% percent - I just don't understand their rationale 

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Good to see a white guy on the list (Devon Allen). There's never a white guy. 10.4 100 and 20.7 200 is pretty damn fast.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

jamesrbrown322's picture

But he's not from the South! No one in the North is fast!

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes