Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Just hit a deer doing 55 mph.....and Michigan still sucks

IH8UOFM's picture
May 30, 2014 at 9:53pm
41 Comments
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10371527_10152466562009919_3750130423853499955_n.jpg
Just driving home with the family on a 55 mph road and a over-zealous (possible UM fan) 180 lb. deer jumped in front of me. Look whats still firmly attached.....

WhySoSerious's picture

Damnmmmm. Sorry bro.

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+4 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Luckily all I have to replace is the hood and maybe the front bumper. Much better fate than the deer that landed nearly 50 feet from my car.

+4 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Hey man if you was with the fam you definitely shouldnt be blaming the deer. I have a sneaky suspicion it might be more then just a hood. Fellow deers around the area have read this post and are working on tracking your location as we speak.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

yea, poor fuckin deer..

Rare&Uncommon

+1 HS

I've been drunk 2 days straight and was joking,whats your excuse?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-6 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

It wasn't in response to your post, assuming that's why you replied to me.. One of my favorite movies, but oh never mind. Good day.

Rare&Uncommon

+1 HS

Bro, I'm clowning and wasnt meaning anything to be taken the wrong way. I fully apologize because when I get a bit tipsy I wind up trying to make jokes that only I find funny. Please dont end my career coach. I swear I'll throw over there them mountains.

-1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Lol. 

Rare&Uncommon

Upvoted your posts for brotherly love.

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Back @ you, I have one friendly Friday a month and today is it. Lol all jokes aside it's all in brotherly love. 

Rare&Uncommon

+1 HS

Hey man you got my respect. I try my hardest to turn every week into a 4 day weekend. Dont always work out the way I want but I still try. Just seriously wanted you to know I wasnt trying to talk shit,was trying to joke but soon after realized I came off the wrong way.

TNbuckeye91's picture

Hey since you guys are having a love fest, can i get a little HJ? I'll take an over the pants hj if its all i can get.

-1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Too late bro. Tnbuckeye I know y'all do family members and all but you like men too. Bad look. 

Edit. We're joking right? Lol

Rare&Uncommon

Knarcisi's picture

TNBuckeye: dude, don't be creepy. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Hope everyone is A-O-K and that you have pretty good insurance coverage. Stupid people from Michigan !!!!!!!!!!!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Sorry over-anxious double post

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Woody would have drove the car home rather than let a scUM deer stop him. 

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Crazy part is, I did. Someone was looking out for me on this one.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Sure you did. You're a Buckeye. Woody would be proud ... And was watching. 

+1 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture

Man, you're right. You're blessed to be alive. Many people die in these type of accidents.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Here comes the posse

+3 HS

Hopefully you  know I'm just yanking your chain bro.

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Its all good. A few hundred bucks and a Sunday later, I'm close to being back in action and pissing off UM fans in this state...one at a time...

teddyballgame's picture

don't worry.  tomorrow you'll wake up in a new bugatti

+8 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Sorry for your ride and hope you're all safe. TSUN still sucks.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Just damn glad your ok.  Coulda ended up through the windsheild and into the back seat.

(queue movie gifs...)

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

Are you sure you didn't run into Carlos Hyde? Or that Carlos Hyde ran into you?

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

TCOB_6's picture

I suspect if that was the case, the car would be in far worse shape than what it is.

+8 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

lmao touche

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

IH8UOFM's picture

Nah, this thing had no kind of lateral movement whatsoever. I felt more like Carlos, trying to juke him

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

I hit a deer in my pick up last fall and it flew up in the air and landed in the bed of my truck.....Trooper said May as well claim it He loaded himself up for ya!!!!!     After $9500.00 bucks in Damages......I ate well!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Hopefully you got pics - too bad you didn't have a video of the accident.

+2 HS
1MechEng's picture

He said 9500 Bucks ... LOL! Great pun! Got it 3 ways (Bucks - Buckeyes; Bucks - $$$; Bucks - Male Deer).

+3 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Well it's probably better you didn't hit a wolverine... The damage would have been small, but that smells like ass stink never goes away.  Most just leave their vehicle and walk home. 

+2 HS
jedkat's picture

First thought reading your title: I've never knew deer could go that fast.

glad you're all ok!

"I was tired of trying to work my way around the back, so I just ran him over"

~ Joey Bosa

+3 HS
MAVBuck's picture

Time to throw a chew in, gut the deer, throw it on the roof, and tell the wife to fire up the grill!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Mav - No need to wait just grill it up on the way home - you need a Car-B-Que

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

yummmmmmm, car-b-q...

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
BuckeyePoetLaureate's picture

Sorry about that.  I'm glad that you're okay and that you didn't have maximum problems.  I was going 45 today on a country road (speed limit 45) and a deer scared the crap out of me just standing by the side of the road, staring at me.  The worst part?  The oncoming lane was occupied by an approaching car, so I was terrified that Bambi would just jump onto my hood.

It happens to us all and now you've had your turn.  =)  Here's hoping that you're deer-free from now on.

Proud alumnus of the Ohio State Creative Writing MFA Program.  Creator of the writing craft site Great Writers Steal.

+1 HS
jpbuckeye's picture

I too am glad you are okey dokey. I live on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands and we have a small deer population. They are small as well, not much bigger than my dog (Weimreiner [sp?]). I passed a mom and fawn on the way home from work yesterday. The fawn was smaller than our dog. They swim also to some of the neighboring islands that are close by (less than a mile). A friend was boating and got one to go back to shore as he was just heading out to sea with no obvious destination on solid ground.

Sorry to ramble but the sighting yesterday got me rambling...

GO BUCKS!

+1 HS