Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Linsley Getting a Good Look

thunderhawks51's picture
May 16, 2014 at 8:16pm
7 Comments
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

If Linsley wins the starting role snapping the ball to Aaron Rodgers that might be the biggest impact, especially if they go on a Super Bowl run. El Guapo will make an impact at some point, maybe not right off the bat but he will. I have a feeling Roby is going to have a stellar career.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

So happy for Lindsey  -  great fit for the right team

Excellent pick up for the 49ers - can't stand their coach but I think since Gore has one foot in retirement - he CH might earn some playing time.

+1 HS
sbentz4's picture

It pains me to say this. Ryan Shazier, but I still hate Pittsburgh.

blazers34's picture

I hate Pittsburgh too, but this doesn't bother me. I f'n love shazier and wish him all the success in the world 

+2 HS
southbay's picture

I feel the same way as you guys, can't stand the Steelers.  Having said that, I also would have to say that, year in and year out, they have been consistently good (and better than most teams) at making the most of their draft choices.  In other words, they evaluate talent well and have done so since the early 70s.  I'll be surprised if Shazier doesn't do well with them.

sivaDavis's picture

Excited for Linsley, great landing spot. Also for Roby, he could start day one across from Talib. I really wish Champ Bailey was still there for the veteran leadership and to be a mentor to Roby. Would have made great early strides in his career. Shazier is in an amazing spot. Getting to learn under Keith Butler who has been influential in the development of Pro Bowl linebackers like Joey Porter, James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons, LaMarr Woodley, and James Harrison and play for arguably the greatest to ever coach defense in Dick LeBeau. Their LB core could be scary good. Jarvis Jones, Lawrence Timmons, Ryan Shazier. And then again with Hyde. Getting to step in right away and be the #2 I'm expecting. I follow my Niners close, not as much as my Buckeyes but close enough and if Hyde keeps that post Northwestern game integrity and motivation, he will be a shoo-in to replace Gore maybe as soon as after this season.

All of our Buckeyes are in good positions to compete right away. Mewhort will probably be competing with Cherilus for that RT spot, I don't know who will come out and win it but at least he will have a chance to start. Marcus Hall is in the same boat, I don't think he will be starting but he will get a chance with not that much depth in Indy. Philly Brown is heading to Carolina where it seems they have literally no WRs. So that's as close to being able to compete as you could possibly get. It seems like all of our Buckeyes landed in pretty good spots. CB landed in STL where there is some safety depth but they are looking for more of that coverage safety and less of a hard hitting safety. Should be fun to watch our boys play on Sundays for these great teams. And sometimes Mondays and Thursdays.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
chirobuck's picture

I wanted the browns to draft Hyde so bad....I'm not even a browns fan, but I just wanted to be able to drive up 71 and watch him play just like I used to drive down 71 to do the same....oh well

^ best post ever ^